Author Topic: It's Friday! Wooties!!  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Sweet Dee

Re: It's Friday! Wooties!!
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 06:16:44 PM »

I don't know.  I don't really talk to them except at the family gatherings once or twice a year.  Anywho, I did find out over 4th of July weekend from an aunt that that particular cousin and her husband have a whole lot of credit card debt too, so I doubt they have much, if any, savings.

My grandpa's house is supposedly gutted down to the studs and they have plans for how they're going to fix it up.  I'm gonna take a lot of pics when I get down there in a few weeks.

Damn.  Your cousin is pretty screwed.  That really sucks.

Is your grandpa going to rebuild similar to his old house?

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 06:20:49 PM »
Damn.  Your cousin is pretty screwed.  That really sucks.

Is your grandpa going to rebuild similar to his old house?

Somewhat.  There was wood paneling in the den and they're not putting that back up.  Plus, he's getting those Corian counter tops.  And where the oven was before, they're adding a arch way into the living room so it could be a dining room.  And they had this bar where everyone ate, and instead it's going to be just an island.  Plus, he'll get all new flooring and everything.  My aunt told me that he bought a new truck, but I don't know what he got.

I'll take pics of his sweet FEMA trailer when I'm there.  :)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 06:22:28 PM »
Somewhat.  There was wood paneling in the den and they're not putting that back up.  Plus, he's getting those Corian counter tops.  And where the oven was before, they're adding a arch way into the living room so it could be a dining room.  And they had this bar where everyone ate, and instead it's going to be just an island.  Plus, he'll get all new flooring and everything.  My aunt told me that he bought a new truck, but I don't know what he got.

I'll take pics of his sweet FEMA trailer when I'm there.  :)

That's great news for your grandpa!!  Cool :)

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »
That's great news for your grandpa!!  Cool :)

Yeah, I hope it doesn't take too long for the renovation to be done.  I hate to see him in a FEMA trailer.  I'm pretty sure my aunts were helping him on how to fix it up.  I hope that the stone fireplace is still gonna be there.  My grandma really wanted a fireplace, not that I've known of any time that it's ever been used.  LOL
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2008, 07:06:59 PM »
I am about to do something crazy.

****.  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 07:08:15 PM »
I am about to do something crazy.

****.  :lmao:

Do tell!    :evillaugh:
Stink Eye

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 07:12:12 PM »

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 07:13:42 PM »

Do tell!    :evillaugh:

Precisely!

I don't know, how many ways can one give proper thanks this weekend? 

One could certainly be creative but then this thread would be short bus bound.  :hyper:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »
Precisely!

I don't know, how many ways can one give proper thanks this weekend? 

One could certainly be creative but then this thread would be short bus bound.  :hyper:

Hey we can relocate if necessary. lol 

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2008, 07:18:16 PM »
Hey we can relocate if necessary. lol 

As it turns out, it doesn't take much around here.  :-)

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2008, 07:19:51 PM »

As it turns out, it doesn't take much around here.  :-)

Especially when dealing with master instigators  ;)  lol

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2008, 07:26:48 PM »
Especially when dealing with master instigators  ;)  lol

master bait n switch-i-gators.  :lmao:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2008, 08:14:56 PM »
I'm back home, and none too happy  about it.  My vacation ended way too soon. :(

As much as I don't like Shreveport the city, I'd go back there in a heartbeat just for my family.  My brothers are both taller than me now (15 and 12 in age  :o ) and the dog is full grown.   My cousin's babies are also growing up, and I'm missing out on all of that.   :bawl:

Leaving Georgia is definitely in the cards now, given a particular personal situation has continued to escalate despite my attempts to block someone from my life.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »

Leaving Georgia is definitely in the cards now, given a particular personal situation has continued to escalate despite my attempts to block someone from my life.

I left New York because of a personal situation I needed to leave....Even though Florida has a few wackos, I love living here and glad I made the change.  It was 7 years ago.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »
I left New York because of a personal situation I needed to leave....Even though Florida has a few wackos, I love living here and glad I made the change.  It was 7 years ago.

I was already planning to leave as soon as I got my bachelor's in radiologic sciences degree (MRI technician will be my career :)  As I've told others as a joke,  if they end up as patients where I work, all I ask is that they don't upset me, and I won't leave them inside the MRI machine :p ), but with how things have changed with this person within the last 2 weeks, I'll probably end up going back to Atlanta and attend an RS program in that area.  Then I'll move out of state once I get a good job offer.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jendf

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 08:57:42 PM »
I was already planning to leave as soon as I got my bachelor's in radiologic sciences degree (MRI technician will be my career :)  As I've told others as a joke,  if they end up as patients where I work, all I ask is that they don't upset me, and I won't leave them inside the MRI machine :p ), but with how things have changed with this person within the last 2 weeks, I'll probably end up going back to Atlanta and attend an RS program in that area.  Then I'll move out of state once I get a good job offer.

Is this more roommate trouble, ACC?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2008, 09:04:53 PM »
Is this more roommate trouble, ACC?

Nope.  My room-mate situation is actually good.  She's quieter than I am, and that's saying something.  :o

I'll send a PM, because the person I refer to may have been reading this site recently.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2008, 09:32:44 PM »

ACC, they're looking for MRI folks here in Denison & Sherman, Texas. (North of Dallas, close to Oklahoma) Texoma Medical Center is building a new hospital and will need a LOT of staffing for it.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2008, 09:34:36 PM »
ACC, they're looking for MRI folks here in Denison & Sherman, Texas. (North of Dallas, close to Oklahoma) Texoma Medical Center is building a new hospital and will need a LOT of staffing for it.

Look at Thor!!  Recruiting some new texans for our club :) 

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2008, 09:36:32 PM »

And, my uncle is the Pres and CEO of the new Texoma Center, if that helps sway your decision making process ;)  hehe

Offline Chris_

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »

Texas is definitely being considered.  Anything that is not a Southern state, or close to it, is not a state I will move to. I thought my aunt was nuts when she moved to California for a job.  She's homesick now for family (and the food :p ).