Author Topic: primitive discovers fried pumpkin  (Read 665 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive discovers fried pumpkin
« on: November 19, 2008, 03:53:29 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=236x50313

Oh my.

Every day, the primitives re-invent that round thing called "the wheel."

wildflower  (1000+ posts)      Tue Nov-18-08 06:53 PM
Original message

Something I "discovered": fried pumpkin

Hi everyone, just wanted to share this discovery I made the other night.

So I was cutting up a pumpkin from Halloween (it hadn't been carved, was still whole), and I scraped out the seeds. I was lazy, so rather than cleaning the seeds of every last bit of clinging pumpkin, I just threw the whole mess in some water to boil before frying the seeds.

After frying the seeds, I discovered a little chunk of pumpkin that had been fried in oil and spices along with the seeds. I tasted it, and it was delicious!

Of course, I looked up "fried pumpkin" and, as is the case with most of my "discoveries," I didn't really discover it at all. It's been done before. But I thought you might be interested.

(On a side note, do you also boil your seeds before toasting them? I started doing this after finding time and time again that my toasted pumkin seeds were too tough, even after lots of broiling or frying.)

No cuisinary primitves have showed up at this bonfire yet; I'm truly disappointed in the usually-reliable warped primitive and Grandma with the diverted intestine.
apres moi, le deluge