Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 20453 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
When I went up north once, I ate at WC.  Never again. :puke:   Krystal is definitely better, though the ones here in Savannah don't impress me too much.

Yeah, that's pretty much all of them.

I only go to Krystal's because there's no White Castle nearby.  WC has great fries.  Of all the fast food places I've been to, Bojangles has the best.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2008, 08:41:30 PM »

I only go to Krystal's because there's no White Castle nearby.  They have great fries.
:bs:

There is a Krystal's down in Jacksonville (well, Orange Park) that I always go to every-time I visit my grandparents.  The food is always perfect (at least for fast food, anyway). :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »
:bs:

There is a Krystal's down in Jacksonville (well, Orange Park) that I always go to every-time I visit my grandparents.  The food is always perfect (at least for fast food, anyway). :tongue:

okay, okay.

I got food poisoning once from a Chik Fil'a.  I didn't go back to that particular restaurant.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2008, 08:42:42 PM »
White Castle Burgers are the Food Of The Gods!

They have been known to cure cancer in terminal patients and save people from suicide!

For Shame all ye who dump on the most exhaulted tiny burger!!!

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2008, 08:43:40 PM »

I only go to Krystal's because there's no White Castle nearby.  WC has great fries.  Of all the fast food places I've been to, Bojangles has the best.
The best fries are at A&W.  Get the cheese with them, and a real A&W root beer...now that's food!   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2008, 08:43:52 PM »
White Castle Burgers are the Food Of The Gods!

They have been known to cure cancer in terminal patients and save people from suicide!

For Shame all ye who dump on the most exhaulted tiny burger!!!

You're that person in the commercial with the Y2K deep freezer full of White Castle burgers, aren't you?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2008, 08:44:41 PM »
okay, okay.

I got food poisoning once from a Chik Fil'a.  I didn't go back to that particular restaurant.

Chick-Fil-A= true perfection of fast food.   My CR group knows that college students favor CFA by a large margin over other fast-food places, so we purchase a couple of platters, set up a booth...VOILA! A bribe with immediate results!  :innocent:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2008, 08:44:50 PM »
The best fries are at A&W.  Get the cheese with them, and a real A&W root beer...now that's food!   :-)

I've never seen an A&W.  Do I have to come to Kansas?

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2008, 08:47:17 PM »
Chick-Fil-A= true perfection of fast food.   My CR group knows that college students favor CFA by a large margin over other fast-food places, so we purchase a couple of platters, set up a booth...VOILA! A bribe with immediate results!  :innocent:

I was going to mention that.  You shoulda cut the sammiches in half and stuck a frilly toothpick through them to keem them together.  They'll last longer.  My parents had a housewarming party a couple years ago.  They did sliced roast beef (real roast beef, not that stuff from the deli) in croissants with pesto slathered over them.  They were good.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2008, 08:50:58 PM »
I think there is something wrong with you.   :tongue:
No way.  I don't live in Texas, so I'm fine.   :-) :-) :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2008, 08:51:08 PM »
I was going to mention that.  You shoulda cut the sammiches in half and stuck a frilly toothpick through them to keem them together.  They'll last longer.  My parents had a housewarming party a couple years ago.  They did sliced roast beef (real roast beef, not that stuff from the deli) in croissants with pesto slathered over them.  They were good.

We didn't do the sammiches.  Just a chicken tender platter, spicy chicken wrap platter (already had the toothpicks) and my private contribution of a cheese-cake platter.  :cheersmate:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2008, 08:52:37 PM »
okay, okay.

When I was pregnant with my last child I had to go downtown to Baylor because I was going to a high risk OB.  There was a Jack In The Box that we always stopped at because my appointments were always around lunch time and it was right down the street from the hospital (I liked their Chicken Fajita Pita) .  When I was about 7 months pregnant we were eating inside of it and the health department came in and shut it down while we were eating.  Made us leave before we finished our food.  I have never eaten at another one since. :puke:

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »
USMC? 
Air Force. I was disqualified from the Marines when I took the ASVAB with a pencil instead of a crayon.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2008, 08:54:24 PM »
We didn't do the sammiches.  Just a chicken tender platter, spicy chicken wrap platter (already had the toothpicks) and my private contribution of a cheese-cake platter.  :cheersmate:

ACC's avatar rocks.  i just wanted to say that. :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2008, 08:55:51 PM »
Any of you traveling through Omaha or Lincoln try a Runza.  YUM

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
When I was pregnant with my last child I had to go downtown to Baylor because I was going to a high risk OB.  There was a Jack In The Box that we always stopped at because my appointments were always around lunch time and it was right down the street from the hospital (I liked their Chicken Fajita Pita) .  When I was about 7 months pregnant we were eating inside of it and the health department came in and shut it down while we were eating.  Made us leave before we finished our food.  I have never eaten at another one since. :puke:

Ew. 

We had the power go out at a restaurant I was working when I lived in NC.  For some reason, the state forbids you from serving food without 1500 candlepower of illumination in the dining room.  So, we had to throw out at least thirty entrees, appetizers, and desserts that were ready to be served because it was against the law to take them to our customers.  The power was out for at least 30 minutes... I have no idea how much money we lost because we had to turn more people away.  We had a ton of walk-in traffic because we were right next to NCSU.

They do serve a bitchin' steak and cheese sammich, tho.  Pity the poor guy who didn't get his order.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »
You're that person in the commercial with the Y2K deep freezer full of White Castle burgers, aren't you?

I can quit ANYTIME I tell you!

Offline djones520

« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2008, 08:58:22 PM »

Totally.  4 years in Japan was almost torture without it.  Damn glad I got stationed within 15 minutes of one.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
Any of you traveling through Omaha or Lincoln try a Runza.  YUM

that is a painful picture, for some reason :-)

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2008, 09:01:44 PM »
Air Force. I was disqualified from the Marines when I took the ASVAB with a pencil instead of a crayon.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »
We must be related some how...I'm the same mutt as you!

Really? A/S/L ....oh, and W/BS/HS/WS......  :naughty:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2008, 09:03:04 PM »
that is a painful picture, for some reason :-)

Yeah I thought it didn't look as good in the picture as they are in real life.  When my cousin comes to visit me she brings us frozen ones that you just bake in the oven.  Not as good as getting them from the restaurant but man they are still really good.  Trust me though, if you ever come across a Runza, try one.  If you don't like it I'll pay for it.   :p

Here is a link to their site:  http://www.runza.com/

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2008, 09:03:52 PM »

:lmao:

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »
Yeah I thought it didn't look as good in the picture as they are in real life.  When my cousin comes to visit me she brings us frozen ones that you just bake in the oven.  Not as good as getting them from the restaurant but man they are still really good.  Trust me though, if you ever come across a Runza, try one.  If you don't like it I'll pay for it.   :p

Here is a link to their site:  http://www.runza.com/

they look too much like . . .  well, whatever.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »
I've never seen an A&W.  Do I have to come to Kansas?
I've seen them in Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma...