Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 20390 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2008, 08:25:23 PM »
southern miss, class of 87.

Damn you're old. I was in, like, 9th grade.  :-)

You're old too, I was 7 when he graduated. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »
Dunno how "Yankee" Cincinnati is but around here we put chili on spaghetti. (mmmm)

Just sayin'.  :-)
:o :o :o      :puke:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2008, 08:26:26 PM »
Damn you're old. I was in, like, 9th grade.  :-)

some  things get better with age.  red wine, scotch . . . I just wish I was one of them. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »

no comment. :whatever:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:07 PM »
Have we met?  :p

Were you at that place that time we saw that thing and did that stuff?

I think I remember you!  :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2008, 08:28:14 PM »
no comment. :whatever:

See, if you were from Texas you might have had a witty retort.    :-)

:-*
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2008, 08:28:20 PM »
I remember when I got to San Antonio for AIT. It was November. From everything in the movies, I thought it was in a desert as I had seen many movies and shows about the Alamo. Um, wrong perception. It was cold, raining, and grassy. No desert, no tumbleweed, none of that shiat. Hooters on the river was cool. Other than that, it was like a foreign country....and I couldn't speak Spanish. Ft. Sam? Women all over the damn place. It's probably the only installation where it "seems" the women outnumber the men.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2008, 08:28:52 PM »
I was born in Kansas, and lived the first 18 years of my life on my great-grandpa's farm.  After that, lived in Texas, Wyoming, Utah and Nebraska before coming back to Kansas.

I can honestly say that I'd prefer to live back in Wyoming over any other state.  I loved the lack of state income taxes, the low prices on everything, and the land and people. 

I have absolutely NO fond memories of Texas.  Ya'll can have that state.  Don't miss the food, the heat, or the dust.   :fuelfire:

ah, kansas.  the breadbasket of america, and a republican stronghold.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »
some  things get better with age.  red wine, scotch . . . I just wish I was one of them. :-)

I'm stealing that one.  :cheersmate:

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2008, 08:29:56 PM »
See, if you were from Texas you might have had a witty retort.    :-)

:-*

the ONLY people that leave me (sometimes) speechless are you and schad. :-)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2008, 08:30:07 PM »
:o :o :o      :puke:

Yeah. Cincy is also (I think) the home of White Castle so "we" really owe the whole world an apology for that.  :uhsure:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2008, 08:30:17 PM »

That's what pisses me off about the moonbats when they start one of these, "Fine, secede, we'll keep this and that and that and that". Well, what good's it gonna do you when you don't eat?  :-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2008, 08:30:53 PM »
Yeah. Cincy is also (I think) the home of White Castle so "we" really owe the whole world an apology for that.  :uhsure:

We have Krystal's. You Yankee biatches can keep your White Shanty.  :-)

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
with a Dim governor...   :( :bawl:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2008, 08:31:09 PM »
the ONLY people that leave me (sometimes) speechless are you and schad. :-)

Ahh, a mighty fine compliment good sir. 
Stink Eye

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2008, 08:31:57 PM »

:rotf:  I like both.  I think WH is better tho'.  Krystal's mustard-and-pickle burger is only good with chili and cheese on it.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2008, 08:32:55 PM »
I bought food at White Castle once.  Notice I said "bought," not "ate."  That's because no one would eat it.  We ended up going a few more blocks and buying non-food the kids would eat at McDonald's.  We didn't even try to save the WC stuff for the dogs, just trashed the whole meal.  

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »
I bought food at White Castle once.  Notice I said "bought," not "ate."  That's because no one would eat it.  We ended up going a few more blocks and buying non-food the kids would eat at McDonald's.  We didn't even try to save the WC stuff for the dogs, just trashed the whole meal.  

:bawl:

It's an accquired taste.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2008, 08:35:39 PM »
I was born in Kansas, and lived the first 18 years of my life on my great-grandpa's farm.  After that, lived in Texas, Wyoming, Utah and Nebraska before coming back to Kansas.

I can honestly say that I'd prefer to live back in Wyoming over any other state.  I loved the lack of state income taxes, the low prices on everything, and the land and people.  

I have absolutely NO fond memories of Texas.  Ya'll can have that state.  Don't miss the food, the heat, or the dust.   :fuelfire:

I think there is something wrong with you.   :tongue:

Offline guest

« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2008, 08:36:39 PM »
:bawl:

It's an accquired taste.

When I went up north once, I ate at WC.  Never again. :puke:   Krystal is definitely better, though the ones here in Savannah don't impress me too much.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:38:28 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2008, 08:37:49 PM »

honey I got articles of clothing that are older'n you! :-)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2008, 08:37:53 PM »

I can't stand Krystal's, the one they built not too far from where I live went out of business less than a year after it opened up.  Everything around it is doing just fine so everyone else must of agreed with me.

Offline Flame

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2008, 08:38:09 PM »
That could be another thread. "What kind of mutt are you"?

Me, German, Scottish, Irish, and Cherokee.  :-)

We must be related some how...I'm the same mutt as you!

Offline djones520

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2008, 08:39:47 PM »
I'm an Air Force brat.  I claim Michigan as home, cause thats where I "grew up", meaning I went through High School there.  I was born in Iraklion, Crete though.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2008, 08:39:56 PM »

Fair enough. WC is crap. But when I lived in Columbus I got to eat at the first ever Wendy's. That Dave Thomas was a genius. That there is some good fast food burgering.

- Ayn Rand