Author Topic: Nostradumus? OMG... Peter Schiff predicted this  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Schadenfreude

Nostradumus? OMG... Peter Schiff predicted this
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:23:28 PM »
Alrighty then.

[youtube=425,350]2I0QN-FYkpw[/youtube]
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline WV conservative

• Probationary (Probie)
Re: Nostradumus? OMG... Peter Schiff predicted this
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 02:28:23 PM »
No one wanted to listen, sounds like he hit it right on the head. I wonder what all the other economists are saying now?

WV C

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »
No one wanted to listen, sounds like he hit it right on the head. I wonder what all the other economists are saying now?

WV C

I posted this at another forum and according to those who are probably quite knowledgable... well they claim that Schiff didn't get everything right. Here were the comments.

Schiff has been right about a lot of things, most notably the prediction of this financial crisis (and he certainly was not alone) and the collapse of the US markets. But he has failed to correctly diagnose its impact on foreign markets. He also mis-diagnosed the actions of the Fed over the last 18-months (approximately the beginning of the credit crisis) running up until September of this year (when the Fed finally did begin a campaign of inflation, thus far to little avail). His investment advice for this crisis has been off the mark. He vastly underestimated the banking and bubble problems in Europe, Australia, and Asia, as an example. Schiff and his brokers were recommending Icelandic bonds about six months ago as one of their recommended fixed income investments. Oops. Australian debt as well, which has tanked. FAX is also a favorite of his, which has been creamed.

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:20:52 PM »
Very interesting.  Thanks for posting this.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline EaglesWings

• Just bitterly clinging to my guns and my religion!
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:00:55 AM »
I noticed several of the other guests were laughing at P. Schiff....well....doubt they are laughing now! 

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 07:40:19 AM »
I noticed several of the other guests were laughing at P. Schiff....well....doubt they are laughing now! 

Call me skeptical.... I wonder how many were riding the bubble and got out right before it burst. :tinfoil:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 07:34:46 PM »
Great find, Schade!  I would compare him more to Cassandra than Nostradamus and the really scary thing is, we are in the midst of his prophecy and our elected officials are fiddling.

While other failing businesses are lining up to dismantle American wealth.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey