Author Topic: Remarks against Obama probed (NC)  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Remarks against Obama probed (NC)
« on: November 14, 2008, 03:53:59 PM »
The Thought Police are already on the job:

DURHAM - Derogatory remarks toward President-elect Barack Obama made on a social networking Web site are now the subject of an internal police investigation.
A police department employee claims the statements were made on the MySpace pages of two Durham officers.

"There's no exact words that were said," said Police Chief Jose L. Lopez Sr. in a telephone interview Wednesday from San Diego, where he is attending the International Association of Chiefs of Police conference. "It wasn't a racial slur, but we're still investigating it."

Investigators, who are focusing on the context of what was written, have been looking into the allegations since Thursday.

Lopez wouldn't disclose what was said or identify the officers involved.

rest of the article: here

Bet they would have no problem with these two if they had posted anti-McCain/Palin/Bush remarks at the DUmp. But you can't dis der Fuhrer.

Offline Mr Mannn

Re: Remarks against Obama probed (NC)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »
So if I say, "I wish Putin would kick Obama's pansy ass all over the white house lawn." I could trigger an investigation?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 05:27:03 PM »
I'd love to know EXACTLY what was said.  Amazing, really.  Even more amazing that people have MySpace/Facebook pages that aren't set to private.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 05:35:18 PM »
The department's code of conduct, under the heading "private life," states that an officer's "character and conduct while off duty must always be exemplary, thus maintaining a position of respect in the community in which he or she lives and serves. The officer's personal behavior must be beyond reproach."

Hey, I know....let's apply this to all politicians.  Then we apply it to the MSM. 

That woud clear out just about every statehouse, tv station and newspaper office in about 10 mins.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 06:23:31 PM »
Hey, I know....let's apply this to all politicians.  Then we apply it to the MSM. 

That woud clear out just about every statehouse, tv station and newspaper office in about 10 mins.

Good one! Hi5!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »
I'd love to know EXACTLY what was said.  Amazing, really.  Even more amazing that people have MySpace/Facebook pages that aren't set to private.

The article is pretty vague. In one sentence, they say it's not "racially motivated" and in another, they infer it is...  I dunno why it seems to be a "secret".
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »
It was probably something profane and heinous along the lines of:

COP 1: You know, I just don't think Obama shares my vision of America's future. I'm not sure I can vote for him Tuesday.

COP 2: Do you really think there's another candidate for folks like us?

@#$%ing bastards!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."