Author Topic: Palin to Paulson: "No More Surprises"  (Read 851 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Palin to Paulson: "No More Surprises"
« on: November 14, 2008, 12:53:32 AM »
Palin to Paulson: "No More Surprises"
In an interview after her speech at the Republican Governors' Association meetings here today, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin criticized the Bush administration for exacerbating voter "distrust" by shifting money from the $700 billion bailout from buying bad bank assets to purchasing additional stock in banks. In response to the proposed changes, announced yesterday by Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, Palin expressed frustration on behalf of a weary electorate and offered a stern warning.

"No more surprises," she said. "I think the surprises make the electorate distrust elected officials and their ability to appoint people who are to be looking out for the public’s interest."

The brief interview took place in a meeting room at the Miami Intercontinental Hotel. I asked her the question today because when Wolf Blitzer asked her a similar question yesterday, she struggled to give him an answer.

She initially told him that "there is going to come a point here where absolutely the federal government must play an appropriate role in shoring up some of these industries that are hurting and will ultimately hurt our entire economy and the world's economy if there aren't some better decisions being made." But then she spoke of the need for "personal responsibility" and worried about setting a bad precedent.

(MORE...)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Palin to Paulson: "No More Surprises"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 06:19:27 AM »
And we also need to get to the point where we’re not reacting in crisis mode but we can be proactive here. That entails of course greater oversight of the entities and the players involved in all this. But with this second bailout plan that would evidently exclusively assist on segment of the manufacturing industry we want to know – Americans want to know that there is accountability here also. And if there were poor management practices and actions taken by the corporations and companies themselves that led to this collapse – it shouldn’t be about a blank check handed to them as a reward for perhaps some poor judgment and poor decisions made. There’s got to be accountability, otherwise, you know, there’s going to be a line of entities, states, people with their hands out sayin’: ’I want some of that, too.’ And what about those who have been wise and made sound decisions based on the circumstances that they were in?

Hello????? Is this thing on??? Hello America??? The only one making any sense in the election is speaking here!!!  :hammer: :whatever:

We're going down the tubes aren't we?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Palin to Paulson: "No More Surprises"
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 11:34:38 AM »
There’s got to be accountability, otherwise, you know, there’s going to be a line of entities, states, people with their hands out sayin’: ’I want some of that, too.’

THAT'S already happening..... Detroit, Chicago, who knows what city is next ??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson