Author Topic: Steele Likely to Seek RNC Leadership Post  (Read 1405 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Steele Likely to Seek RNC Leadership Post
« on: November 11, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »
Oooooh boy.

Steele Likely to Seek RNC Leadership Post

The former Maryland lieutenant governor is considering a run for the chairmanship of the Republican Party, a source close to the situation told FOX News.
By Bill Sammon

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Michael Steele, former lieutenant governor of Maryland, has decided to run for the chairmanship of the Republican National Committee and is in talks with Newt Gingrich to win the former House speaker's endorsement, FOX News learned Tuesday.

Steele declined to comment, but a source close to the situation said Steele would announce his candidacy as early as Thursday.

The source also contradicted a report in Tuesday's Washington Times that Steele and Gingrich were competing for the RNC post.

"There is no fight," the source said. "This tension between Michael Steele and Newt Gingrich is totally fabricated and, in fact, Gingrich and Steele are working together to create a new strategy for the direction of the GOP."

The rest of this is at:

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/11/steele-likely-seek-rnc-leadership-post/

I'm on board . . . because it seems that Newt will be intimately involved.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Steele Likely to Seek RNC Leadership Post
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 06:04:28 PM »
woohoo!
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:30:07 PM »
ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

Steele should have had it a long time ago.

Now, I know Newt is a very intelligent man but he's got to promise no more couch cuddling with Bella Pelosi. I don't care if all of his fingers were crossed while doing it.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 06:51:07 PM »
Halli-freaking-luya!!!

best news I have had in months if it's true.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 07:01:31 PM »
I hope he throws all the RINO's overboard.  If we're going to be a minority party, we might as well have some damn standards.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 07:24:03 PM »
Steele should of been nominated for President instead of McCain. It would of been interesting to see two Black Presidents. I hope he purges the GOP of all fakes and insiders.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 07:29:39 PM »
Steele should of been nominated for President instead of McCain. It would of been interesting to see two Black Presidents. I hope he purges the GOP of all fakes and insiders.

We wouldn't hear the end of it.  As if the entire Democratic field wasn't designed to pander to one group or another from the start.  How many times did you hear the words "historic" and "first" from the media?  They were a ****ing joke and doing the same thing would have blown up in our faces. 

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 07:37:26 PM »
We wouldn't hear the end of it.  As if the entire Democratic field wasn't designed to pander to one group or another from the start.  How many times did you hear the words "historic" and "first" from the media?  They were a ******* joke and doing the same thing would have blown up in our faces. 

Some say Warren G. Harding was America's first Black President and he actually DOWNSIZED the government.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 07:48:36 PM »
A testament to the character and vision of both Steele and Gingrich.

:cheersmate:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 07:54:47 PM »
It would have been worth it just to see them have to answer for the horrible things that have been done to Steele by the Dems.

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle