Author Topic: Strickland suspends state Cabinet official (Joe the Plumber backgroundgate)  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

good.  this may not have been directly a result of her illegal (I presume) background check on joe the plumber, but I have not doubt that it came to light because of the exposure given to her reprehensible state sponsored witch hunt.  nothing against our members from ohio, but that is one messed up state.

Strickland suspends state Cabinet official

COLUMBUS — Gov. Ted Strickland late Friday placed Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Director Helen Jones-Kelly on paid administrative leave for allegedly using a state computer or e-mail account to engage in political fund-raising.

“I have asked Inspector General Tom Charles to include this matter in his current, ongoing investigation,’’ said Mr. Strickland. “Also, I have asked Cabinet Secretary Jan Allen to serve as acting director of the agency.’’

Strickland spokesman Keith Dailey said the governor learned of the latest problem Friday.

Mr. Charles was already looking into reports that ODJFS, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, and other government offices may have used state computers to examine the records of Samuel “Joe the Plumber’’ Wurzelbacher of Springfield Township after he became a high-profile critic of Barack Obama’s tax policies.

A number of state officials had called for the governor to act in the wake of Ms. Kelly’s admission that she had ordered a review of state records after Mr. Wurzelbacher became a national celebrity.

She presented the search as routine in situations where someone appears to have come into money, but a number of Republican officials characterized it as political witch hunt after “Joe the Plumber’’ became a factor in John McCain’s failed presidential campaign.

More

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
She'll likely get a few days off with pay and a quiet promotion.

WTF she isn't doing a perp walk is beyond me.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
She'll likely get a few days off with pay and a quiet promotion.

WTF she isn't doing a perp walk is beyond me.

Because their lordships and ladyships aren't subject to "perp walks".  That's for keeping the little people in line.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Conservatives use the vast resources and power of the government to relentlessly pursue those who would harm Americans.

Liberals use the vast resources and power of the government to relentlessly pursue Americans.

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."