Author Topic: Don't get your hopes up.  (Read 4069 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Don't get your hopes up.
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 03:19:42 PM »
Couldn't the SCOTUS overturn the Electoral College in this matter though?  Even if elected by the college, if it's proven true that he was not born an American Citizen then he is Constitutionally ineligible to hold that office.

Hell, if nothing else it would seem to me that the military would have legal grounds to force him from office (not that I see that happening, but who knows), since it is our duty to protect the Constitution. 

Well, the whole question is one for the constitutional attorneys, and God knows I ain't one.

What I'm looking at more than anything is the fact that Obama was elected president and Biden was elected veep. If Obama can't serve because he's constitutionally ineligible, that puts Biden in the driver's seat.

The military would have no role in this issue at all, IMHO. It's purely a legal matter.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 03:40:35 PM »
Thanks, TRG, for the linkie.  :bow: 

Here's a bit more from the same source:

"I can see a unanimous Court (en banc) decertifying the election if Obama refuses to produce his birth certificate," says Raymond S. Kraft, an attorney and writer. "They cannot do otherwise without abandoning all credibility as guardians of the Constitution. Even the most liberal justices, however loathe they may to do this, still consider themselves guardians of the Constitution. The Court is very jealous of its power - even over presidents, even over presidents-elect."

So Kraft is saying that SCOTUS can (and presumably would) "decertify" the election unanimously.

That would also mean, again presumably, that SCOTUS would decertify the election even if the Electoral College convenes on 13 Dec and casts their ballots on 15 Dec.

This is going to be very, VERY interesting.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 03:44:13 PM »
Thanks, TRG, for the linkie.  :bow: 

Here's a bit more from the same source:

So Kraft is saying that SCOTUS can (and presumably would) "decertify" the election unanimously.

That would also mean, again presumably, that SCOTUS would decertify the election even if the Electoral College convenes on 13 Dec and casts their ballots on 15 Dec.

This is going to be very, VERY interesting.

Given the doccumented arrogance of The Rookie and Libs in ggeneral...I can see him defying the order from Justice Souter like it never happened.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 03:48:24 PM »
Given the doccumented arrogance of The Rookie and Libs in ggeneral...I can see him defying the order from Justice Souter like it never happened.

Arrogance notwithstanding, I'm not convinced the Great Leader is that stupid.

I can see some stalling tactics, spin doctoring, legal briefs requesting extension, etc., etc., and even generating a document that is forged and doctored.

Checking said document would take awhile. Meanwhile, time moves on and unless SCOTUS is willing to pull the trigger, Great Leader takes the oath on 20 Jan.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »
Oh for want of a mole.................

This would make a good conspiracy for the DUmp.

"Bush co will govern from behind the scene holding Baracks birth certificate and Constitutional ineligibility over his head." ....like a puppet on a string.

Teh Lord Rove is all powerfull.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 04:13:23 PM »
And what happens if - assuming that der fuhrer gets disqualified before the electors meet - when the electors meet, they choose to ignore the SCOTUS ruling and cast their ballots for der fuhrer anyway?

I'd say there would be riots and then things go to hell in a handbasket real quick.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 04:16:25 PM »
I'd say there would be riots and then things go to hell in a handbasket real quick.

Soooo...

If this thing turns out to be true, we've got riots in America, no matter how it turns out?  Why do I have visions of damned near 600 politicians scratching like cats on a glass table, trying desperately to cover that shit up?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 04:20:17 PM »
Soooo...

If this thing turns out to be true, we've got riots in America, no matter how it turns out?  Why do I have visions of damned near 600 politicians scratching like cats on a glass table, trying desperately to cover that shit up?

Probably because they've already started doing just that.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »
Probably because they've already started doing just that.

bingo. And there ain't no dogs around to eat the poop.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008, 05:17:16 PM »
Now this is all getting intresting
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.