Author Topic: Obama denies Poland missile vow  (Read 2420 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Obama denies Poland missile vow
« on: November 09, 2008, 07:00:10 AM »
US President-elect Barack Obama has not given a commitment to go ahead with plans to build part of a US missile defence system in Poland, an aide says.

He was speaking after Polish President Lech Kaczynski's office said a pledge had been made during a phone conversation between the two men.

But Mr Obama's foreign policy adviser, Denis McDonough, denied this.

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redstate/2008/nov/08/breaking-obama-aide-contradicts-polish-state/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline formerlurker

Re: Obama denies Poland missile vow
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 07:04:14 AM »
See here is where it gets really really ugly.   Those of us who remember in crystal clear vision the systematic gutting of the military by the Clinton Administration know what is coming.

My husband is retiring in 2009.   Thank God. 

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 07:14:31 AM »
See here is where it gets really really ugly.   Those of us who remember in crystal clear vision the systematic gutting of the military by the Clinton Administration know what is coming.

If I was the leader of any country that has made any kind of deal with us for military cooperation...I'd be VERY nervous right now.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 11:03:04 AM »
The zero is going to be making a boatload of enemies.

Biden wasn't kidding about how things he does will "seem wrong".
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:09:01 PM »
The zero is going to be making a boatload of enemies.

Biden wasn't kidding about how things he does will "seem wrong".

Unfortunatly seem is not the right word - Biden should have just said "...be wrong."
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 12:55:21 PM »
I wonder how reenlistment committment for post-January 2009 is going? How is the Active Reserve doing? That would by my goal if I were  seperating the Active mil. next year,.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »
Starting to break his word already. He doesn't waste time.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline djones520

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 03:19:15 PM »
Not even sworn in yet, and he's already calling friendly Heads of State a liar.  Yep...  that man is certainly a uniter.   :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 03:25:33 PM »
NATO? What's NATO? Israel? Never heard of them.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 03:39:33 PM »

The "gutting" of the military was propagated by Congress, due to the Cold War being won, rather than Clinton.

Congress Critters

Don't get me wrong - any president whose No. 1 military agenda was putting and keeping openly-practicing gays in uniform is a moron of the first order.

But you can put that one pretty much on Congress, even the Republican-majority Congress after the 1994 elections.

If you wanna talk about gutting the military, let's talk Jimmah Carter. Curiously, however, I'm not talking money necessarily. In fact, this analysis maintains that defense spending increased under Carter - something like 4.7%

The Peanut Vendor

But the hollow military that fell out post-Vietnam most definitely can be put right on Ford (who didn't last long anyway, due to his pardoning Nixon) and Carter.

Sometimes attitude is more important than money.

Reagan put the lead back in the military's pencil, and you don't have to wrap that around $$ (though it helps).

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 03:55:29 PM »
I wonder how reenlistment committment for post-January 2009 is going? How is the Active Reserve doing? That would by my goal if I were  seperating the Active mil. next year,.

the fuhrer will has his domestic army, the CNSF, to fall back on...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »
Many here, including me, predicted disastrous foreign relations, and on this particular point in fact.  Next in the batting order, Israel.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 05:35:32 PM »
The "gutting" of the military was propagated by Congress, due to the Cold War being won, rather than Clinton.

Congress Critters

Don't get me wrong - any president whose No. 1 military agenda was putting and keeping openly-practicing gays in uniform is a moron of the first order.

But you can put that one pretty much on Congress, even the Republican-majority Congress after the 1994 elections.

If you wanna talk about gutting the military, let's talk Jimmah Carter. Curiously, however, I'm not talking money necessarily. In fact, this analysis maintains that defense spending increased under Carter - something like 4.7%

The Peanut Vendor

But the hollow military that fell out post-Vietnam most definitely can be put right on Ford (who didn't last long anyway, due to his pardoning Nixon) and Carter.

Sometimes attitude is more important than money.

Reagan put the lead back in the military's pencil, and you don't have to wrap that around $$ (though it helps).

Do not agree at all.  

I do recall the simultaneous cutting of military personnel, parts, aircraft carriers, weapon systems etc. while committing our military for his numerous "humanitarian" missions.   I recall my husband being stuck in some shithole halfway across the planet while awaiting parts for their plane to be canibalized from some unlucky squadron's flightline as there was just no extra parts to spare to send to fix it.   I recall squadron commanders -- good men -- ending their careers by standing down their flight crews because they were overtaxed on missions, planes weren't getting proper maintenance, crews were not getting critical training or crew rest -- it was a freakin disaster.   I remember the RIF/VSI to the point of hemorrage then the stop loss when Clinton Administration said "oops, my bad" when the USAF was crying uncle.  I remember the Army begging for tanks in Somalia and Les Aspin taking the fall because Clinton said no while dallying with young interns.  

I remember year after year Clinton -- while overtaxing his military -- submitting a defense budget that was woefully inadequate.   I watched that POS neglect the most powerful military in the world in refusing to modernize its weapon systems, aircraft and intel.   Every year I watched what he did to our military, and every year I cursed him for the total bastard he is.     When the spinmeisters claimed accolades for our military's performance after 9/11 by touting them as "Clinton's military", I couldn't stop throwing up.   My God, what that Administration did to our military is far far more than number crunching.  

I lived in his godawful state when he was Governor.  I can't believe to this day he was elected twice to be president.  

Some reading on this topic:

http://www.heritage.org/research/nationalsecurity/em467.cfm

http://www.heritage.org/Research/NationalSecurity/bu217.cfm

http://www.heritage.org/Research/NationalSecurity/bu242.cfm

http://www.heritage.org/research/nationalsecurity/fyi14.cfm

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 05:55:28 PM »
Lurker and Euph I think ya'll are both right on who's to blame.

The cold war was over and the drawdown was already underway when Clinton took over
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »
Do not agree at all.  

I do recall the simultaneous cutting of military personnel, parts, aircraft carriers, weapon systems etc. while committing our military for his numerous "humanitarian" missions.   I recall my husband being stuck in some shithole halfway across the planet while awaiting parts for their plane to be canibalized from some unlucky squadron's flightline as there was just no extra parts to spare to send to fix it.   I recall squadron commanders -- good men -- ending their careers by standing down their flight crews because they were overtaxed on missions, planes weren't getting proper maintenance, crews were not getting critical training or crew rest -- it was a freakin disaster.   I remember the RIF/VSI to the point of hemorrage then the stop loss when Clinton Administration said "oops, my bad" when the USAF was crying uncle.  I remember the Army begging for tanks in Somalia and Les Aspin taking the fall because Clinton said no while dallying with young interns.  

I remember year after year Clinton -- while overtaxing his military -- submitting a defense budget that was woefully inadequate.   I watched that POS neglect the most powerful military in the world in refusing to modernize its weapon systems, aircraft and intel.   Every year I watched what he did to our military, and every year I cursed him for the total bastard he is.     When the spinmeisters claimed accolades for our military's performance after 9/11 by touting them as "Clinton's military", I couldn't stop throwing up.   My God, what that Administration did to our military is far far more than number crunching.  

I lived in his godawful state when he was Governor.  I can't believe to this day he was elected twice to be president.  

It doesn't appear that your husband was in the military when the peanut farmer was President. The ONLY time I've ever voted for a Dem was in 76. An Ex-Navy Nuke engineer that proved to be as lame as Bob Dole's sex life. Both Eupher & I were in the military during Carter's reign of impotency. Trust us, Carter was FAR worse than Clinton. SPINTAC (Special Interest Aircraft) weren't uncommon during the Carter years and the #1 reason was cannibalization of parts for other aircraft.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »
It doesn't appear that your husband was in the military when the peanut farmer was President. The ONLY time I've ever voted for a Dem was in 76. An Ex-Navy Nuke engineer that proved to be as lame as Bob Dole's sex life. Both Eupher & I were in the military during Carter's reign of impotency. Trust us, Carter was FAR worse than Clinton. SPINTAC (Special Interest Aircraft) weren't uncommon during the Carter years and the #1 reason was cannibalization of parts for other aircraft.

No he was in college (military academy). Four years of Carter was pretty darn bad, I will agree with you there.   However, 8 years of Clinton was also pretty damn bad.   

We now have a Jimmy Carter Jr. taking over during a time of war.   I think we will all agree that Obama will do far worse than Carter and Clinton did put together. 

Thanks again all you Barr voters, and to those who "stayed home."   You rock  <-- or is that what your heads are made out of?

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »
Clinton broke the back of the Navy by cutting it far and away more than anything in the so caLLED peace dividend permitted.

http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/usa/decom.htm

THIS LINK IS TO THE SHIPS DECOMMISSIONED  SINCE 1980. Check the ships pulled dUring the Clinton ADMIN, and remember 2 or three crews for each of these left the Navy at the same time. Draw your own conclusions.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 10:05:14 PM »
Clinton broke the back of the Navy by cutting it far and away more than anything in the so caLLED peace dividend permitted.

THIS LINK IS TO THE SHIPS DECOMMISSIONED  SINCE 1980. Check the ships pulled dUring the Clinton ADMIN, and remember 2 or three crews for each of these left the Navy at the same time. Draw your own conclusions.

When Algore bragged in the 2000 election that when he had been put in charge of "re-inventing government"...he'd cut "400,000 jobs form the Federal payroll"...who do you think were the ones that had their jobs cut?*

*I know you know...it's a rhetorical question

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 10:51:18 PM »
Lurker and Euph I think ya'll are both right on who's to blame.

The cold war was over and the drawdown was already underway when Clinton took over

Exactly.

There's no doubt in my mind that Slick Willie was rubbing his hands with glee in that the very establishment that he hated - the military - was essentially drawing ITSELF down. All he had to do was sit back and take the credit (al Gore as well, of course).

Lurker, the Heritage Foundation links that you posted, while apropos, essentially call attention to a situation that was largely moot. Slick and his merry gang of thugs talked out of both sides of their mouths (sound familiar?) in saying "we can't cut Defense any further" just to cut again.

The dates of these links correspond to my last assignment in the Army before retirement. I am well aware of the issues that you've mentioned - the aircraft that couldn't fly because of spare parts problems, the people getting out in droves, and the rest of it. While we could probably quibble about numbers till the end of time, the larger perspective is that the Cold War was over/won and the first things on everybody's minds was cutting the size of the force. With the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early Nineties, maintaining that kind of combat force in Europe just didn't make sense, so that led to massive cuts post Desert Storm.

I spent almost 75% of my 20-year career in Europe, so I witnessed just how haphazardly and foolishly those cuts took place there.

But they happened not because of Clinton, but rather of decisions made during Bush I's administration.

I was one of tens of thousands who retired or got out early because of the ATTITUDE that Clinton's gang of thugs demonstrated. And it's my contention that, beyond money, the single attribute that Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, and Coasties want to know is that their CinC at least demonstrates a MEASURE of support. Slick Willie failed to deliver on that score. Instead, it was clear to me and everybody else what that asshole's priorities were - allowing practicing gays to wear the uniform.

What a ****ing idiot.  :whatever:

I have no doubt in my mind that Obama will preside over a military that will see its best and brightest go elsewhere - unless the economy stays ****ed, in which case, a lot of folks will stay in just to gut out Obama's "masterful" management of the very entity that he knows absolutely nothing about.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:54:41 PM by Eupher »
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »
Anything after 10/1993 and before 10/2001 was on Clinton.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »

You are correct on that. When I was in the Navy in the 90's and being a Tender sailor..................we had on the US West coast seven , eight if you include Guam, Tenders. When I got out in1998 we had 1. The Dixon, jason, Cape Cod, Acadia, Gompers, Prairie and Proteus were all decomisioned, with the McKee follwing close after. Now there are only two in the entire Navy. One in Guam the Frank Cable and one in Italy the Emory S. Land.

These ships were floating shipyards with about 1,600 crewmen each. Npw they have to fly all kinds of people around the world to do the work that one of these ships provided.

Yeah I served under Bush 41 and Clinton until 1998. I saw what all went down with the Navy. Our middle name under Bush 41 was changed to cannibalize..............and they capitalized it under Clinton.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.