Author Topic: skidmarked underwear primitive blocks drafts  (Read 748 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
skidmarked underwear primitive blocks drafts
« on: November 07, 2008, 04:48:47 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=353x2333

Oh my.

It seems every day the primitives re-invent the wheel, having forgotten it was invented a long time ago, and they'd already re-invented it the day before, and the day before that, and the day before that, &c., &c., &c.

Skidmore  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-07-08 08:44 AM
Original message

Thingy to put up against the door bottom to block drafts....

I had some old and slightly worn bath towels which I just recycled into door draft blockers. I took one of those styrofoam bats they sell in the summertime for kids to play with at the pool. They sort of look like the insulation for water pipes only bigger and they have hole through the middle. I cut one of these in half and poked one corner of the towel, laid lengthwise, into the center hole and rolled the bat until the towel was completely used up. Then I took the remaining corners of the towel and poked them into the hole too. I can remove the towels to wash them or swap them out with other old towels later.

In case anybody's forgotten, the skidmarked underwear primitive, a 60ish farmwife in eastern Iowa, last year thought it was good that a congressman in Virginia had been physically assaulted by Unitarians during a speech in their church, and that she hoped to see more such thuggery and bullying.

Anyway.

AZDemDist6  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-07-08 12:23 PM
Response to Original message

1. great idea, I used them as light blockers when hubby was working graveyard shifts
the towels is a great addition!

The primitives, always re-inventing the wheel.
apres moi, le deluge