Author Topic: El Stupido Supremo rejoices in it  (Read 658 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
El Stupido Supremo rejoices in it
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:53:46 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7814348#7814393

Oh my.

pnwmom  (1000+ posts)      Thu Nov-06-08 09:21 PM
Original message

Can we please lay off Malia and Sasha? And I mean you, DUers!

Let's not try to turn them into our trophy family. Let's not watch every step they take and judge them for whether they meet our idealistic views or not. Their lives have been and will be challenged enough! Don't expect them to be perfect role models for the entire country.

And right now: please don't criticize the Obamas for whatever choice they make with regard to the girls' school. Chances are, it won't be a public school. But what should matter is how good the school will be for these girls -- not how good Obama would look if he sent them instead to public school.

Same goes for their puppy. It's not so easy getting a young puppy from the humane society, unless you like pit bulls. And one of these girls has an allergy. Let this family be like other families, free to get whatever dog they choose -- without the whole country second-guessing them.

Bottom line: Malia and Sasha are human beings, not symbols, not trophies. Let's give them all the privacy and all the room they need in which to grow. They've already got two great parents. They don't need 100 million more.

Oh my again.

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Thu Nov-06-08 09:24 PM
Response to Original message

7. Oh ferchrissake...

Everything this family does is going to be news of some sort. Face it. Accept it. Rejoice in it.

The Obama's [sic] seem like very well grounded people, and I'm sure as parents they will look out for the well being of their daughters, as any parents would.

Don't stress over this. All will be fine.
apres moi, le deluge