Author Topic: Ok Listen The **** Up. If You Aren't For Marriage Rights For All, You Have Your  (Read 1083 times)

Offline thundley4

OPERATIONMINDCRIME   (1000+ posts)             Wed Nov-05-08 05:02 PM
Original message
Ok Listen The **** Up. If You Aren't For Marriage Rights For All, You Have Your Priorities ****ed.

Edited on Wed Nov-05-08 05:03 PM by OPERATIONMINDCRIME
That's my take on it.

I used to believe that the word didn't matter, as long as all rights were assigned (equality). I no longer believe that.

I've rethought the issue lately and realized how dumb I was. See, the fact is, we're arguing over a ****ing word. A word. A definition.

For anyone to put a simple ****ing WORD, a stupid ****ing DEFINITION, as a higher priority and as being more meaningful than the ACTUAL CIVIL RIGHTS THEMSELVES, has just simply got their priorities ****ed up.

It's a ****ing word. How the hell does WHO the word applies to affect ****ing anybody? It doesn't. It is simply just something those stubbornly hold onto who want it to just remain as applicable to THEM. It doesn't affect THEM, they just don't want to be included in the same group as others who want the same label. Well guess what; that's bigotry.

The only remotely legitimate reason for wanting it to be called something else is due to religious reasons. Well guess what; religion should have NO PLACE IN LAW.

A word. It's just a ****ing word people. Could some of you actually stand there and try to convince me that a ****ing WORD and the definition applied to it is more ****ing important than giving an entire group of people the joy, recognition and constitutional right of equal treatment and acceptance under the law?

Throw your stubbornness in the trash, take a deep breath, and think about the issue a bit more deeply ok? What happened with these propositions is a disgrace.

That is all.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4388019

OMC must really think his DU Creds are in danger.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
OPERATIONMINDCRIME

Ok Listen The **** Up. If You Aren't For Marriage Rights For All, You Have Your Priorities ******.

Yeah, my priorities are wrong because I choose to obey God rather than mankind.  :whatever:

OMC is such a child.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

OPERATIONMINDCRIME   (1000+ posts)             Wed Nov-05-08 05:02 PM
Original message
Ok Listen The **** Up. If You Aren't For Marriage Rights For All, You Have Your Priorities ****ed.

Edited on Wed Nov-05-08 05:03 PM by OPERATIONMINDCRIME
That's my take on it.

Well, seriously, who really gives a **** what you think?  The echo chamber where you spout that foolishness?  Hardly, all they care about is that your echo is in harmony with their own jibber-jabber.  They could care less about you or your alleged 'thoughts.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
The only remotely legitimate reason for wanting it to be called something else is due to religious reasons. Well guess what; religion should have NO PLACE IN LAW.
I bet the abolitionist movement would have driven him insane enough to gnaw off his own limbs.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Peter3_1

First, we all have the exact same marrage rights, as long as it is to an agreeable party of the opposite sex.

Tghis has been codified for 5000+ years.

Hammurabi's code:

Marriage retained the form of purchase, but was essentially a contract to be man and wife together. The marriage of young people was usually arranged between the relatives, the bride- groom's father providing the bride-price, which with other presents the suitor ceremonially presented to the bride's father. This bride-price was usually handed over by her father to the bride on her marriage, and so came back into the bridegroom's possession, along with her dowry, which was her portion as a daughter. The bride-price varied much, according to the position of the parties, but was in excess of that paid for a slave. The Code enacted that if the father does not, after accepting a man's presents, give him his daughter, he, must return the presents doubled. Even if his decision was brought about by libel on the part of the suitor's friend this was done, and the Code enacted that the faithless friend should not marry the girl. If a suitor changed his mind, he forfeited the presents. The dowry might include real estate, but generally consisted of personal effects and household furniture. It remained the wife's for life, descending to her children, if any; otherwise returning to her family, when the husband could deduct the bride-price if it had not been given to her, or return it, if it had. The marriage ceremony included joining of hands and the utterance of some formula of acceptance on the part of the bridegroom, as "I am the son of nobles, silver and gold shall fill thy lap, thou shalt be my wife, I will be thy husband. Like the fruit of a garden I will give thee offspring." It must be performed by a freeman.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/hamcode.html

IF you want to join one of the same sex, well, don't let me stop you, just don't pretend it is a marrage, 'cause it's not.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Yeah, my priorities are wrong because I choose to obey God rather than mankind.  :whatever:

OMC is such a child.

OMC is getting his street creds.  He will be back posting rationality in a few months.

This is actually OTT, if you know how to read him.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4388019

OMC must really think his DU Creds are in danger.

To them it is a word. To those who believe, it is everything.

They do not understand it, nor will they, ever.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!