Author Topic: Several Gay Marriage Ban Protesters Arrested in Clashes With Police in Californi  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Several Gay Marriage Ban Protesters Arrested in Clashes With Police in California

Seven people were arrested Thursday during ongoing protests in Los Angeles and San Francisco against California's passage of a ban on gay marriage.

LAPD Officer Jason Lee said the marchers were mostly peaceful in the demonstration against Proposition 8 that began Wednesday night in West Hollywood and continued into Thursday morning.

Four people were taken into custody at the intersection of Hollywood and Highland when they tried to cross a line of officers.

Two more protesters were arrested in West Hollywood for disturbing the peace and another for public drunkenness, according to Sheriff's Sgt. Kristin Aloma.

*snip*

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom expressed frustration with the ban, but said he is hopeful it will be overturned in court.

The loss was a political defeat for Newsom, who's been one of the most prominent advocates of same-sex marriage. However, he believed the effect on his gubernatorial aspirations is "trivial" and "irrelevant."

City attorneys of Los Angeles and San Francisco, along with the American Civil Liberties Union, filed requests for the state Supreme Court to overturn the gay marriage ban on Wednesday.

LINK

Anyone surprised?   :whatever:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Jim

I'm surprized !  they might break a nail doing that crap !

bout time they grow up...
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline Chris_

I hope the officers were current on their shots.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Jim

I hope the officers were current on their shots.

there isn't a shot for that kind of cat scratching.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
You know, there's some sort of law--the "Freedom of Access" law or something like that--which prohibits pro-lifers from getting "too close" to abortion establishments.

Maybe not in this particular case, as it isn't clear if anyone was impeded by the "protestors"--but perhaps this "Freedom of Access" law could be used for protestors in all other things, when they deny access to one thing or another?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

You know, there's some sort of law--the "Freedom of Access" law or something like that--which prohibits pro-lifers from getting "too close" to abortion establishments.

Maybe not in this particular case, as it isn't clear if anyone was impeded by the "protestors"--but perhaps this "Freedom of Access" law could be used for protestors in all other things, when they deny access to one thing or another?
...like the code-pinkos blocking access to military recruiting offices in the Peoples Republic of Berkleystan?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
...like the code-pinkos blocking access to military recruiting offices in the Peoples Republic of Berkleystan?

Yeah, something like that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline LadyLiberty

They keep playing a sound bite on the radio of the protestors, who unsurprisingly sound deranged  :whatever:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Chris_

there isn't a shot for that kind of cat scratching.

Oh my.

Have they notified their next of kin yet?

Offline thundley4

There are videos of the idiots up.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDWGX0nOFvw[/youtube]

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Liberalism: We'll tell you when it's freedom!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
The only thing that has surprised me about the whole deal was the fact that CALIFORNIA voted in the ban in the first place.  I'm assuming North California got the vote out big time for that.
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline thundley4

The only thing that has surprised me about the whole deal was the fact that CALIFORNIA voted in the ban in the first place.  I'm assuming North California got the vote out big time for that.

Obama, himself helped defeat it.  Blacks came out for Obama, but voted hugely in favor of Prop 8.  :rotf:

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
see, there IS justice in the world  :cheersmate:
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline Chris_

Obama, himself helped defeat it.  Blacks came out for Obama, but voted hugely in favor of Prop 8.  :rotf:
I would expect the Hispanic/Catholic vote to help as well.

Offline Tess Anderson

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom expressed frustration with the ban, but said he is hopeful it will be overturned in court.

Blatant appeal by the left to legislate from the bench yet again. Millions of people voted for this but so what?  :banghead:

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Alimony
Marriage tax penalties
Child support
Biased "family" courts

Knock yourselves out....
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.