Author Topic: Obama Wrote About Banishing Moderates From Democratic Party  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Obama Wrote About Banishing Moderates From Democratic Party
« on: October 30, 2008, 12:22:01 PM »
At Daily Kos Hate Website Obama Wrote About Banishing Moderates From Democratic Party

Here is the rest of that DKos post...
There is one way, over the long haul, to guarantee the appointment of judges that are sensitive to issues of social justice, and that is to win the right to appoint them by recapturing the presidency and the Senate. And I don’t believe we get there by vilifying good allies, with a lifetime record of battling for progressive causes, over one vote or position. I am convinced that, our mutual frustrations and strongly-held beliefs notwithstanding, the strategy driving much of Democratic advocacy, and the tone of much of our rhetoric, is an impediment to creating a workable progressive majority in this country.

According to the storyline that drives many advocacy groups and Democratic activists - a storyline often reflected in comments on this blog - we are up against a sharply partisan, radically conservative, take-no-prisoners Republican party. They have beaten us twice by energizing their base with red meat rhetoric and single-minded devotion and discipline to their agenda. In order to beat them, it is necessary for Democrats to get some backbone, give as good as they get, brook no compromise, drive out Democrats who are interested in “appeasing” the right wing, and enforce a more clearly progressive agenda.

The country, finally knowing what we stand for and seeing a sharp contrast, will rally to our side and thereby usher in a new progressive era.

Gateway Pundit
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Obama Wrote About Banishing Moderates From Democratic Party
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:32:39 PM »
Oh my.

I have very good reasons to suspect that after November 4, the tables are going to turn, and the moderates in the Democrat party are going to oust the fringe elements; it's like cutting off big body parts to amputate cancer, but sometimes such things need done, if one wishes to survive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »
i'm more of the opinion that if/when obama is elected, those moderates will "vote with their feet" and switch parties, right after the world's biggest case of buyer's remorse.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 12:39:16 PM »
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 12:44:34 PM »
I found a copy of Obama's personal photo album...

This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 12:59:47 PM »

You know, I actually have a book wherein one finds those pictures, including that one.

A big collection of photographs altered by the Stalinists; the original and the altered copy.

It shows us what the Obamaites and the Obamaite primitives wish would happen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »
Oh my.

I have very good reasons to suspect that after November 4, the tables are going to turn, and the moderates in the Democrat party are going to oust the fringe elements; it's like cutting off big body parts to amputate cancer, but sometimes such things need done, if one wishes to survive.

Your assumption predicates a McCain victory.  While I hope you are correct, I still shudder to think of the possibility of President Barack Obama. 

On another O/T theory, if/when Obama takes the Oath of Office on January 20th, would they use his middle name during the swearing in?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 04:55:43 PM »

Stalin sure loved doing that.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du