Author Topic: Help Please -Trying to Prevent Someone From Turning To The Darkside-  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Help please!   :cheersmate:

So... I'm simply at a loss, a terrible one at that.  I've a friend who has been a McCain fan from long ago.  Was enthusiastically a fan of him even at the onset of the republican primary battles.  He didn't always agree with McCain, but still respected him. 

Over the campaigns course, I've witness that enthusiasm waver, with unfortunately many of the same reasons listed as those decried by Powell.  While I may not be a particular fan of Colins, with earnest regret... I can't chide all of those accusations.

:banghead:

Once Palin was chosen as a running-mate, I witnessed a transformation.  Before, he was overwhelmed with the idea of McCain as President, rounded out with an incredibly competent, rationale, and economically savy person such as Mitt Romney.  Ardently believing that the two could revolutionize our nation into something it hasn't seen in ages, in a good way!

It's not that he dislikes Palin, quite the contrary.  He's routinely defending her from the baseless accusations lobbied by liberals, and genuinely likes her.  Just doesn't particularly feel she rounds out McCain's Whitehouse, the same way that a Mitt Romney would have. 

As the campaigns dragged out, and both candidates started clarifying their positions... I was simply shocked and a bit appalled to realize that many of the Obama/Biden positions were meshing with his.  He was even becoming a bit agitated by it, as McCain's positions started shifting more to the republican core that Bush and Rove concocted.  Positions which he didn't share.

Through it all, he was in turmoil too, as he genuinely disliked Obama.  Albeit, I think he always begrudgedly liked Biden, perhaps just a bit.  Strange as it may seem, YEARS ago, he actually noticed Obama.  Thought perhaps he could bring a change to Washington.  Sorry for the poor word choice, I still shiver at the paradox of it's near synonymous use with Obama.  As the years went on, and all we heard from the pseudo-messiah was the reiteration of galvanizing speeches... with a complete lack of follow up.  That initial belief in giving the Chicagoland'lad a chance, quickly turned to disgust.

I'm sure one vote will hardly make a difference, especially in a state that even McCain's campaign has all but abandoned.  Yet, I just can't give up, I cling onto the what-ifs' of a McCain presidency... and am compelled to try and salvage this additional vote.

So is there any rational or logical rebuttals I should bring up?  Causes for concern?  Please don't push forth rote literature, sophomoric commentary, or senselessness.  I'd really hate for this attempt, to just breed a thread that's a cesspool of venereal diseases. 

P.S.  No pun was intended with the, Darkside adjective   But on thread preview...  :lmao: I'm keeping it  F'it! If it's okay to hang an effigy of Palin but not Obama, surely this accidental phrase usage is :innocent: 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Help Please -Trying to Prevent Someone From Turning To The Darkside-
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:48:44 PM »
You pick a VP by who's going to help you the most. Romney? Two rich white guys running against a black guy. Not advantageous. Palin brings something that most of the others couldn't. ...and she's damned qualified.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 09:50:22 PM »
I am starting to see a trend in your posts:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Jim

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »
Does this person really want to leave Supreme Court nominating to BHO ?
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
I'm calling shenanigans.

Obama:

* backs gun control

* unrestricted abortions even if they result in infanticide

* gay marriage

* wealth redistribution

* uses racism as a political tool

* engages in campaign finance fraud

* uses law enforcement personnel for silencing dissent

* wasted $160 million on BS indoctrination schools with no improvement in academic scores

* cavorts with terrorists and racists

* lies repeatedly about his positions...assuming he actually gives specifics

* would gut the US military

* would appoint Marxists to the courts

* would strip wokers of the right to secret unionization ballots

* would reinstate the Fairness Doctrine

* has chosen a running mate to negate his lack of foreign policy experience but can barely keep from drooling on himself

Either your friend is not a republican/conservative and is a dyed in the wool lefty or something in your story is full of Barack.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 10:17:47 PM »
remind your friend of who Barack surrounds himself with, starting from a young age.

he wrote the forward for Ayers book.. Ayers dedicated his book.. to Satan.

this is the judgement of the leader of the Free World? he went to Berlin to give a speech to the world? is running for King of the World?

and the fact that the UN is solidly behind Obama ought to be enough said..

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »
Furthermore, remind your friend that there IS a reason Romney didn't pursue the nomination a little more harder than he did. I'm certain that Romney will become part of McCain's cabinet  IF McCain manages to pull it off. I'm very worried at this point that we may have an Obamanation on our hands come next January.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 10:23:22 PM »
Furthermore, remind your friend that there IS a reason Romney didn't pursue the nomination a little more harder than he did. I'm certain that Romney will become part of McCain's cabinet  IF McCain manages to pull it off. I'm very worried at this point that we may have an Obamanation on our hands come next January.

dont give up just yet.. Obama is acting all squirrely the past few weeks. he hasnt given a press interview in over a month. and really, how can he? he doesnt want to answer those questions directly. hence the 30 minute ad tomorrow night.

two point difference is nothing..

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 11:28:28 PM »
IF McCain doesn't get off his ass and do something other then what he has been we will have an Obamafurher.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 11:34:40 PM »
Karnak The Magnificent says

"Who is Dark Halo?"