Author Topic: Obama Urges Voters to Take Day Off From Work to Help Campaign on Election Day  (Read 2858 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
A new 30-second spot on Barack Obama's Web site is urging voters to "talk to your boss" or professor and then take the day off from work or school to volunteer for his campaign on Election Day.

The "Take the Day" campaign suggests voters sign up to go to battleground states or work in phone banks closer to home on Nov. 4, when they would normally be at work or in class.

"We can't win this election unless every Obama supporter gets out and votes on November 4th. To do that, we need a massive team of volunteers helping us. Can you take next Tuesday off from work, join the final push, and make sure that everyone who supports Barack turns out to vote?" asks the Web page hosting the ad.

On the trail, Obama has been encouraging voters to go to the polls for early voting, and reports from several states are that Democrats are going into the voting booths in larger numbers than Republicans.

On Tuesday, several thousand people came out in a cold and steady rain to hear Obama address an outdoor rally at Widener University, outside Philadelphia.

"I just want all of you to know that if we see this kind of dedication on Election Day, there is no way that we're not going to bring change to America," he told the shivering crowd.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/28/obama-urges-voters-day-work-help-campaign-election-day/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

I'm sure that he wants them to help campaign by "getting in people's faces". Maybe at local polling places to intimidate people?  Surely those good kind democrats would not do anything like that.

Seriously, though, what campaigning is left to do on November 4th?  If someone hasn't decided by then, they shouldn't be voting anyway.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
All non-essential employees should take the entire day off.  Then we'll know who they are and can "thin the herd".   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

I'm sure that he wants them to help campaign by "getting in people's faces". Maybe at local polling places to intimidate people?  Surely those good kind democrats would not do anything like that.

Seriously, though, what campaigning is left to do on November 4th?  If someone hasn't decided by then, they shouldn't be voting anyway.
Well....somebody's gotta drive all the dead people and felons, etc. to the polls.   :thatsright:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Oh goody--the Obamessiah told me to take the day off!

I'm guessing he'll cover my loss of pay for that day too?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline MrsSmith

No, but I'm sure he'll take credit for being one of those wonderful liberals that forced your boss to give you benefits.   :lmao:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

**** yeah he will!  If you are stupid enough to work for a living, the messiahnfuhrer will make sure that those who don't work get the money from those who do.

If you are smart, just don't show up for work -- just bring a basket and let the fools do the work throw their earnings in the air: You are bound to grab some.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
I just forwarded this to my manager, an Obama supporter... :evillaugh:

Offline Chris_

I just forwarded this to my manager, an Obama supporter... :evillaugh:

So you should have no problem getting the day off then?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Ironically, the people voting for him want lifetime welfare.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lauri

i'm starting to sense a bit of desperation in Camp Obama this week.. he wants people to skip a full day of work to vote when most of us can do it in hour (max) he's got a 30 minute ad on three networks tomorrow night which no one will probably watch cause its desparate at this point. and he hasnt held a press conference in over a month cause he doesnt want any questions about all the new stuff out on him the past two weeks.

his camp has now blackballed two different tv stations for asking Biden some 'tough' questions.. and the race is basically 2 points apart as of today.

the Sarah Palin effigy by the two gay gays in WeHo is gaining TONS of press around the country..

hmm.. anyone else?  :popcorn:

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
it could be that he's desparate.  it also could be that he's trying desparately to "close the deal", and it just comes across as desparation.  that was a knock against him in the primaries and i've heard it as recently as a week ago.  given the conditions, he should be up by 20 points.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

hmm.. anyone else?  :popcorn:

:popcorn: I'm with you.  The interview about how the Constitution is "fundamentally flawed" plus the video of him at that PLO idiots farewell being purposely withheld isn't going to help him pull away and win this thing.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

:popcorn: I'm with you.  The interview about how the Constitution is "fundamentally flawed" plus the video of him at that PLO idiots farewell being purposely withheld isn't going to help him pull away and win this thing.
We shall see in a few days if the big zero's current "tough question" strategy works:

:whatever:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
He's assuming that most of his supporters work..... :lmao:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

He's assuming that most of his supporters work..... :lmao:

That's been his problem from the get-go:  he makes a hell of a lot of assumptions that have no basis in real life.

Offline Lauri

it could be that he's desparate.  it also could be that he's trying desparately to "close the deal", and it just comes across as desparation.  that was a knock against him in the primaries and i've heard it as recently as a week ago.  given the conditions, he should be up by 20 points.

this dude has been campaigning for almost two freaking years - if he hasnt closed the deal yet, he may not be able to.  :-)

i heard a local radio ad today by Michelle Obama regarding our governor, Queen Christine Gregoire, and what a 'dear friend' she is of the Obama's... during Rush's show, no less. it was long, maybe a full minute or two.

Obama's ad looks like he's in the Oval Office.... wth? and he's already talking about his cabinet positions and legislation he wants to support.

i think the public will rebel against that arrogance.. most of us still havent voted as of yet.

Offline Lauri

i wish McCain had been hammering Obama on this stuff for at least a month or more, but better late than never I guess..

this new tape issue though is very interesting. the story has morphed quite a bit since it first came out in 2003. LA Times said it had a tape, but just as recently as today, it was 'promised by the LAT reporter that the tape would not be shown publically in order to get the story in the first place"

now, if that was the case, that should have been in the original story. McCain needs to keep at this one.