Author Topic: anger...Anger...ANGER!!!!  (Read 2898 times)

Offline MrsSmith

anger...Anger...ANGER!!!!
« on: October 10, 2008, 07:13:17 PM »
OmahaBlueDog  (1000+ posts)      Fri Oct-10-08 07:49 PM
Original message

My ANGER at them is a big part of my motivation to vote for Obama
 Advertisements [?]

I'm ANGRY about Florida in 2000

I'm ANGRY about Enron

I'm ANGRY about the manipulation of the energy markets to remove Gray Davis

I'm ANGRY at Al Quaida for attacking America on 9-11, and I'm PISSED OFF that Osama Bin Laden hasn't been stuffed and mounted in a display case at "Ground Zero"

I'm ANGRY about being deceived into going to war in Iraq, and thousands of Americans dying for WMDs that weren't there and a stable government in a nation I don't give a damn about, to bring stability to neighboring nations I don't give a damn about

I'm ANGRY that more decent Americans die from lack of decent medical care than terrorism, but there's a war on terror, and not a war for medical care.

I'm ANGRY that I have to hear those bastards bray about Ayers, while Sarah Failin' is married to a secessionist, and John McSame gets a pass for his friendship with David Ifshin

I'm ANGRY we opened a concentration camp in Cuba

I'm ANGRY that I have to hear about a "lies told by FAUX, Limbaugh, Savage, Boortz, Ingraham, Miller, Beck, Hannity, BillO, et. al., but it's still somehow all about liberal media"

I'm ANGRY about being lectured about family values by a man who cheated on wife 1, married a beer heiress half his age, and who belongs to the party that brought us Larry Craig, Mark Foley, and others.

There's more, but I've taken up enough time here.

(note: this was originally posted as a response to http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph... . At the suggestion of asdjrocky, I'm posting it as an OP. It is my response to the so-called "growing outrage" among McSame supporters. I'm sure I'm not alone, in that the last 8 years (Hell - the years since Reagan) have built up some rage in me as well)

bigtree  (1000+ posts)        Fri Oct-10-08 07:43 PM
Original message

These republicans and their 'raw anger' make me laugh.

Advertisements [?]Edited on Fri Oct-10-08 07:53 PM by bigtree

YOU'VE got to laugh to keep from breaking something when you read about 'raw anger' spewing from John McCain's supporters. There hasn't been a more pernicious or dangerously inept government and administration in charge in our nation's history; this, at a time when the already fragile balance of our survival and well-being on this planet is being threatened at an accelerated rate by our own military aggression and our self-imposed economic and energy crisis.

Yet, the man these angry supporters celebrate as their nominee has admitted that, "on the transcendent issues, the most important issues of our day," he has been, "totally in agreement and support of President Bush."

"I will argue my conservative record voting with anyone's, and I will also submit that my support for President Bush has been active and very impassioned on issues that are important to the American people," McCain told Tim Russert in 2005. "And I'm particularly talking about the war on terror, the war in Iraq, national security, national defense, support of men and women in the military, fiscal discipline, a number of other issues. So I strongly disagree with any assertion that I've been more at odds with the president of the United States than I have been in agreement with him," he said.

So, if we can assume that his supporters even know what their candidate actually said about his Bush-love before he began his second run for the presidency, we can interpret their 'raw anger' as a rejection of ending the occupation in Iraq; satisfaction with the fact that the original 9-11 suspects have been allowed safe-haven in Afghanistan/Pakistan; support of domestic spying; approval of McCain's 'D-grade' attention to the needs of veterans; approval of McCain's support of four-out-of-five Bush budgets, including record tax cuts for the top 2% of Americans; and the rest of Bush's sorry legacy that McCain considers 'transcendent' to our lives.

Anyone has the temerity to stand up for the nation to see in the middle of one of these McKlan rallies and holler to the rest of us about how 'angry' they are that their warmongering, torturing, domestic-spying, land-raping, democracy-hating, taxpayer-robbing, racist, bigoted reign in the White House is coming to an end, is positively making my day.

Pot - kettle

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: anger...Anger...ANGER!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 07:45:36 PM »
Not worth my time or energy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »
Well OmahaBlueDog can be angry all he wants to be. Most of his anger however should be directed at people like Bill Clinton and Barnyard Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. They and a whole host of others gave us the problems we are facing now. Osama would be in a jail cell if Blowjob Bill had taken the opportunity to take him when he was in the custody of a friendly power. Barney and Chris were pushing bad loans for their own purposes. Jimmy the Peanut basically failed to deal with Iran way back in the 70s in the manner they deserved. There is plenty of blame on their side and they should own up to it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 01:04:04 AM »
Well OmahaBlueDog can be angry all he wants to be. Most of his anger however should be directed at people like Bill Clinton and Barnyard Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. They and a whole host of others gave us the problems we are facing now. Osama would be in a jail cell if Blowjob Bill had taken the opportunity to take him when he was in the custody of a friendly power. Barney and Chris were pushing bad loans for their own purposes. Jimmy the Peanut basically failed to deal with Iran way back in the 70s in the manner they deserved. There is plenty of blame on their side and they should own up to it.

With the exception of Ronald Reagan, Jimmy has probably single-handedly converted more people to the Republican Party than anyone else on the planet. If Obama does get elected I wonder if he'll take that stat from Jimmy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 03:49:01 AM »
With the exception of Ronald Reagan, Jimmy has probably single-handedly converted more people to the Republican Party than anyone else on the planet. If Obama does get elected I wonder if he'll take that stat from Jimmy.

Yeah, Chuck, I figure that he will--but at the cost of wrecking the economy for the next 20 years and getting a bunch of Americans killed.  al Qaeda tested both Presidents Clinton and Bush within the first year of their respective presidencies.  If Bambi gets in, the drop in security posture will get a lot of people killed.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 05:44:55 AM »
Yeah, Chuck, I figure that he will--but at the cost of wrecking the economy for the next 20 years and getting a bunch of Americans killed.  al Qaeda tested both Presidents Clinton and Bush within the first year of their respective presidencies.  If Bambi gets in, the drop in security posture will get a lot of people killed.

Those two things are that concern me about this election more than I've ever been concerned in any previous election.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 06:33:40 AM »
Time to take out the garbage. If not now, then four years from now.  :censored:

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 07:06:36 AM »
Time to take out the garbage. If not now, then four years from now.  :censored:

That is true.  One could also hope for the midterms in 2010 to flip the Senate and House. 

Also, I do believe that several states--mostly out in the western US--have recall provisions in their laws.  A couple of big tax increases could cause people to invoke those, and knock a couple of Dems out of office.  Maybe the message will get through, maybe not.

I see a whole raft of Republican challengers for Bambi in 2012, if he's elected now--Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty, and the presumed front-runner, Sarah Palin, among others.  I also see Palin winning the nomination, and the Presidency in 2012, along with a fillibuster-proof majority in the Senate.  (The Dems have to defend 24 of the 33 seats up that year, and the probable tax increases--and the unemployment that they will cause--make getting this majority very likely.)  Then, anything that is passed in the next two years gets repealled--and any Federal nominations to the Federal benches, or the SCOTUS, can be impeached with impunity.

It will be a very tough four years.  We, as a country, have made it through tough times before--and we will again.  The only question is how much blood will be shed in the process.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 08:15:24 AM »
What worries me if Brock gets elected is what it will do to the military. Not morale wise but in the area of readiness. Clinton did far more damage to us than most people realize. Even today on the battlefield we are paying for his decisions.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 09:27:19 AM »
What worries me if Brock gets elected is what it will do to the military. Not morale wise but in the area of readiness. Clinton did far more damage to us than most people realize. Even today on the battlefield we are paying for his decisions.

The "interests" that you guys will be deployed to protect will be those that are totally unconnected to actual American economic interests.  But, if Bambi does what I expect to the economy, chances are that a Democrat won't be sitting at the desk in the Oval Office for a very long time.  Remember, after President Hoover raised taxes after the 1929 crash, we had another economic cirsis in 1932--an election year.  The next Republican in the White House was Ike in 1952.

Chase her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 09:36:17 AM »

Especially when the domestic terrorist attack happens inside of 6 months.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 01:15:40 PM »
Those two things are that concern me about this election more than I've ever been concerned in any previous election.

My fear as well. I'm scared to death about where this idiot would send my son. I'm not the only military mom that feels this way, either. I'm just stunned that someone like this is actually this close to the presidency. I only hope enough information about Obama's radical connections get out before the election. At least the Acorn stuff is sticking a bit, even with some of his own supporters. But Lord knows how the gullible will react to his half hour infomercial. I hope some Republican 527's buy commercial time before and after.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »
My fear as well. I'm scared to death about where this idiot would send my son. I'm not the only military mom that feels this way, either. I'm just stunned that someone like this is actually this close to the presidency. I only hope enough information about Obama's radical connections get out before the election. At least the Acorn stuff is sticking a bit, even with some of his own supporters. But Lord knows how the gullible will react to his half hour infomercial. I hope some Republican 527's buy commercial time before and after.

Cindie

How DARE you suggest that 144 days in the senate with many, MANY considered and researched opinions resulting in the principled vote of "present" can be seemed as less than god-like?   You will be among the first our messiahnfuhrer will gather up for the re-education camps.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdM8PDu6VMg[/youtube]

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 02:44:53 PM »

Cindie
Yeah.  My oldest is rejoining the Army.  I'm way more concerned about the CIC than I have been in years.   :(

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 07:59:18 PM »

I would be shocked if he didn't .
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 01:34:51 AM »

I think you're being generous by saying the economy will only be wrecked for twenty years.  I hate to be a doomsayer - although I am a pessimist by nature - but I don't think that the American ideal can survive if Obama takes the presidency.  Even the mere fact that someone of his ilk can be considered a serious candidate leads me to think that this nation's days are numbered.

Don't get me wrong, I think a USA of some form or another will be around for the forseeable future.  I just don't see that form being anything resembling a nation which values individualism over communalism, which holds rights as its moral standard as opposed to consequences; in short, as anything resembling the very ideals upon which this nation was formed.

I hope and pray that I'm wrong.  I hope that an empowered American left won't become the reincarnation of the Soviet Union.  I pray that the people of the Democratic Party will come to see that the ends don't justify the means, that their need does not constitute a moral license to destroy.
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 04:59:07 AM »
I think you're being generous by saying the economy will only be wrecked for twenty years.  I hate to be a doomsayer - although I am a pessimist by nature - but I don't think that the American ideal can survive if Obama takes the presidency.  Even the mere fact that someone of his ilk can be considered a serious candidate leads me to think that this nation's days are numbered.

Don't get me wrong, I think a USA of some form or another will be around for the forseeable future.  I just don't see that form being anything resembling a nation which values individualism over communalism, which holds rights as its moral standard as opposed to consequences; in short, as anything resembling the very ideals upon which this nation was formed.

I hope and pray that I'm wrong.  I hope that an empowered American left won't become the reincarnation of the Soviet Union.  I pray that the people of the Democratic Party will come to see that the ends don't justify the means, that their need does not constitute a moral license to destroy.

The reason I said it would be 20 years is that the American people, by and large, are smart enough to realize that once Bambi gets in and tries his socialist stuff, they'll vote him out of office at the first opportunity.  The reforms to the economic system that will be implemented by either a President Palin, a President Pawlenty, or a President Romney will be sweeping, but to restore our economy after the damage done by the Chicago gang will take about 20 years.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 06:58:50 AM by BlueStateSaint »

Chase her.

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 02:06:50 PM »
The reason I said it would be 20 years is that the American people, by and large, are smart enough to realize that once Bambi gets in and tries his socialist stuff, they'll vote him out of office at the first opportunity.  The reforms to the economic system that will be implemented by either a President Palin, a President Pawlenty, or a President Romney will be sweeping, but to restore our economy after the damage done by the Chicago gang will take about 20 years.

You have far more faith in the American people than I.  I'm about ready to say "f**k it, you deserve the disaster you're bringing upon yourselves."  But unfortunately, for all its faults, America is the only nation I'm aware of that comes anywhere near being free, and so it isn't so easy to just give up on her.
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 02:16:01 PM »
You have far more faith in the American people than I.  I'm about ready to say "f**k it, you deserve the disaster you're bringing upon yourselves."  But unfortunately, for all its faults, America is the only nation I'm aware of that comes anywhere near being free, and so it isn't so easy to just give up on her.

You know what?  Those who vote for the Obamessiah do deserve the disaster they are creating.  Problem is, they'll realize that only after they've sponged a lot of stuff out of us who knew better.

I do have my faith in the American people.  One big reminder of the Obamessiah's ****ups, once they happen, and a good portion will vote Republican, if only to get the ****heads that sent us lower into the tank out.  Think Herbert Hoover in 1932, and what he brought on--FDR's "New Deal."  We're still paying for that today.

Chase her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 06:18:37 AM »
The "interests" that you guys will be deployed to protect will be those that are totally unconnected to actual American economic interests.

Bosnia comes to mind. 

[/quote]But, if Bambi does what I expect to the economy, chances are that a Democrat won't be sitting at the desk in the Oval Office for a very long time.  Remember, after President Hoover raised taxes after the 1929 crash, we had another economic cirsis in 1932--an election year.  The next Republican in the White House was Ike in 1952.
[/quote]

I wish it didn't have to even come close to that as a possibility.  I'm beginning to believe that the DUmmies don't support Barakstar! so much out of the fact they share common political ground...but out of the belief of what he's telling them...that HE and he alone will help them "get even" with all those people that had more drive desire and wrok ethic than your common DUmmie and actually made something of themselves.

Barak is telling them "vote for me and I'll take all that money that Mr. X made with his successful business and his college education and I'll sprinkle it over all of you folks that aspired to nothing more than 3rd shift manager at Whataburger".

And they are eating it up like candy.

As to myself and other soldiers.  Brock's already made it clear he's going to cut military spending.  Anyone here that rememebrs 3 combat divisions falling below 75% readiness level...two years of no new purchases and stories of soldiers on welfare and food stamps can tell you what it means to have a Democrat with ZERO military experience and a "loathing" for us in uniform promise to cut defense spending.

I can only hope that IF Barakstar! gets elected...HIS SecDef will have the  :censored: common sense to send in Armor (tanks...Bradley's etc) when his commanders on the ground ask for it and not be another Les Aspin.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn