Author Topic: Pedro Picasso tries to seriously think -- falls short  (Read 794 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Pedro Picasso tries to seriously think -- falls short
« on: October 10, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »
Quote from:
Atman

It's time to bring back the 90% tax tier.

Think about it, seriously. You've been shown, vividly, that their "low taxes" message has been meaningless (unless you're one of them), but what was the tax rate when GE was born, when the Kennedy's and Bush's bought/built their compounds, when the Carnegies and Melons built their fortunes? It was ninety freakin' percent. And they not only survived on the millions they had left, they built industries and massive estates and got even wealthier. Even if you "only" have 10 million dollars instead of 10 billion, the interest is quite handsome. Most people could still survive. It's time for Obama to go all populist on 'em and say "**** THEIR WHINING! The people who caused this will be the people to pay for it."

It's time to tax the living shit out of them. If they can't take it, they can go get a job as a Wal Mart greeter.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=4209446&mesg_id=4209446

Poor Pedro.  Actually believes that the Carnegies and Melons just handed over 90% when they reached the top tier.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pedro Picasso tries to seriously think -- falls short
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 03:52:27 PM »
You know, this is all excresence.

Pedro Picasso doesn't know shit.

It's true that on paper, during the latter part of the Eisenhower administration and the first part of the Kennedy administration, the top tax rate was circa 90%.

But NOBODY, NOBODY, ever paid 90%.

Not even close.

Loopholes and all that.

If Pedro Picasso thinks that old Joe Kennedy paid the government 90% of his income, Pedro Picasso is full of it.

Joe Kennedy probably paid a lower percentage in income taxes at the time, than did the middle-income and low-income.

This is from which the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) evolved, about this time, the early 1960s.

One of the wealthiest women in America at the time, Margaret Merriweather Post, a supermegamulticentimillionaire, paid zero--I repeat, zero--in income taxes.

When the top tax rate was 90%.

She paid zero, zilch, nada.

One gets really exasperated at the utter stupidity, the gross stupidity, of Pedro Picasso, who is near to beginning the sixth decade of his life. 

How can one possibly live that long, being that stupid?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:17:18 PM »
You know, Pedro Picasso is just such a retard that I decided to demote him from a non-primitive, the highest tier of primitivity on Skins's island, clear down to the unterprimitiven, the faceless amorphous blob, the lynch mob.

This is the steepest demotion ever, in the history of primitive tierdom.

franksolich doesn't deal with unterprimitiven; only the Primitives of Prominence above the hoi polloi, and below the Great Unwashed, the bottom-of-the-barrel primitives and occasionally the drek primitives.

The unterprimitiven are 95% of the primitives on Skins's island, primitives with no distinctive characteristics; one is the same as the other.

Pedro Picasso is just so ****ing stupid it defies the imagination.

Here we have a case where, in order for the public to buy his product, the public has to have surplus funds not needed for the necessities of life; discretionary spending money.

Pedro Picasso produces "art" eerily similar with the "art" produced by the Swamp Rat primitive and earlier, by the now-mausoleumed Dysfunctional American primitive.  And he sells it.

Well, with a 90% income tax rate, nobody's going to be able to afford to buy Pedro Picasso's "art."

Geezuz.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »
If Atman is so peeved about tax, he could always cut the IRS a check and then STFU, safe in the knowledge that he has done his fair share.

Of course it isn't about HIM paying HIS fair share, it's about making everyone with more than $0.01 more than him pay everything they have until they have less than him.

It's about looting and leeching off the productive and the lefts ideal that if anyone is poor then everyone should be poor.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 10:41:49 PM »
Well I guess when one stuffs envelopes for a living one has very little opportunity for in depth thinking.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams