Author Topic: DUst off the cheetos remains, We is gonna have a bit of civil disobedience!  (Read 1244 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Let's go to church and pitch a fit!

KzooDem  (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-09-08 09:46 AM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4200112
Anybody here with legal expertise? Want to do a little civil disobedience but have a question.

Some of our local megachurches have been following the leads of the crazy-ass huge mega churches and advocating voting for John McCain.

I would love to buy up a mess of Obama/Biden signs and drive around in the early morning hours on a Sunday morning and plant those signs in front of the church signs, near the entrances to the church parking lots, etc...

The only think making me hesitate is the potential risk of being arrested for trespassing. Could something like that be considered trespassing? I'm not destroying anything.

Whaddya think?

Brand new! Let's have some moles give him 'good' advice!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:00:27 AM by dutch508 »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Why not bomb the ones you dislike in the tradition of all good dems like Sen Byrd.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Why not bomb the ones you dislike in the tradition of all good dems like Sen Byrd.
And William Ayers, mentor of Hussein Obama (pbuh).

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
I suggest streaking naked through a couple of services with Obama written on your belly and back.  That is very likely to sway some voters!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I suggest streaking naked through a couple of services with Obama written on your belly and back.  That is very likely to sway some voters!

Nealy a BS . . . Do you know what Kzoo Dem looks like? 

Should we issue one of these:

:spork: :spork: :spork:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Putting up a few signs on land that belongs to someone else it Kzoo's idea of civil disobedience?!?  Wow, that one's really gonna rock da revolution.

:rotf:

Be sure to get a few photos, Kzoo, we might find them useful if any of your fellow idiots follow through on trying to get the IRS or DOJ to go after churches that speak out for our candidates or against yours, it'll make great rebuttal evidence.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
KzooDem  (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-09-08 09:46 AM

The only think making me hesitate is the potential risk of being arrested for trespassing. Could something like that be considered trespassing? I'm not destroying anything.

Whaddya think?
I think you're an idiot, thanks for asking.

As for the legalities, "trespassing" means to enter or remain on the property of another without their consent, regardless of whether any property was damaged.

Seriously, how do these primitives even remember to walk upright?
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
liberal N proud  (1000+ posts) 
Thu Oct-09-08 09:49 AM
Response to Original message
2. Report the churches who are advocating one candidate to the IRS

Turn the bastards in. Make them lose their tax exempt status.

Not a problem, dipshit.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=77539
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site