Author Topic: This is going to just F***ing KILL the DUmmies  (Read 1724 times)

Offline tuolumnejim

This is going to just F***ing KILL the DUmmies
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:01:28 PM »
Just saw it on Hannity, that Sarah Palin in related to FDR.  :rotf:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Schadenfreude

Re: This is going to just F***ing KILL the DUmmies
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:04:40 PM »

OMG.... I laffed as well.  :rotf:

Almost as funny as Barack and Cheney.  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »

oh! do tell?

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
OMG.... I laffed as well.  :rotf:

Almost as funny as Barack and Cheney.  :-)

clobber them at USMB too!  :rotf:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 09:22:43 PM »

clobber them at USMB too!  :rotf:

How are they doing? I am waiting till the polls start swinging the other way. Oh maybe after Jerome Corsi starts singing...  :evillaugh:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:25:21 PM »

How would the DUmmies ever find out?  They never watch Faux News, remember. :evillaugh:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 09:25:27 PM »
LOL... Greta's teaser is that Todd Palin is the "Ultimate Feminist", details after the break.  :popcorn:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 09:28:48 PM »
Must be a Rovian Plot!!!  :fuelfire: :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 04:27:01 AM »
LOL... Greta's teaser is that Todd Palin is the "Ultimate Feminist", details after the break.  :popcorn:

Camille Paglia's column for Slate.com basically said as much.  It's on Page 2.  Paglia's been rather loud in her warnings to "feminists" to back off Sarah Palin.

As I see it, the Palin Effect is a double-headed hydra. On one side you have Todd Palin, who is clearly a vibrant, macho force in his family’s life. Just as clearly, he has effectively embraced the role as a primary caregiver. What does it say that he and Sarah have a mutually aggrandizing partnership/marriage? A successful professional woman who embraces a masculine male rather than castrate him? Heaven forfend! Personally I see it as the benign (and noble) conclusion of the feminist movement. I guess fish don’t need bicycles, but some of them want one. And they’d rather it come with some cojones.

Discussing the Sarah Palin effect is quickly becoming a national psychosis, to which I doubt I could add much. The only thing I haven’t seen discussed is a comparison between her popularity and what Rush Limbaugh hilariously and intuitively called Bill Clinton’s “Arousal Gap.” I think we’re seeing that Todd Palin isn’t the only man’s man out there who has a healthy appreciation for a strong member of the opposite sex. Here is another benign and admirable consequence of the feminist movement.
  Blue's note--this was a letter to Paglia.  Her response is:

Yes, both Todd and Sarah Palin, whom most people in the U.S. and abroad had never even heard of until six weeks ago, have emerged as powerful new symbols of a revived contemporary feminism. That the macho Todd, with his champion athleticism and working-class cred, can so amiably cradle babies and care for children is a huge step forward in American sexual symbolism.

Although nothing will sway my vote for Obama, I continue to enjoy Sarah Palin’s performance on the national stage. During her vice-presidential debate last week with Joe Biden (whose conspiratorial smiles with moderator Gwen Ifill were outrageous and condescending toward his opponent), I laughed heartily at Palin’s digs and slams and marveled at the way she slowly took over the entire event. I was sorry when it ended! But Biden wasn’t — judging by his Gore-like sighs and his slow sinking like a punctured blimp. Of course Biden won on points, but TV (a visual medium) never cares about that.

The mountain of rubbish poured out about Palin over the past month would rival Everest. What a disgrace for our jabbering army of liberal journalists and commentators, too many of whom behaved like snippy jackasses. The bourgeois conventionalism and rank snobbery of these alleged humanitarians stank up the place. As for Palin’s brutally edited interviews with Charlie Gibson and that viper, Katie Couric, don’t we all know that the best bits ended up on the cutting-room floor? Something has gone seriously wrong with Democratic ideology, which seems to have become a candied set of holier-than-thou bromides attached like tutti-frutti to a quivering green Jell-O mold of adolescent sentimentality.

It goes on for a bit--how Paglia sees Palin as an Amazon Warrior.  Interesting read.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/10/08/palin/

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 05:22:06 AM »
Camille Paglia's column for Slate.com basically said as much.  It's on Page 2.  Paglia's been rather loud in her warnings to "feminists" to back off Sarah Palin.

It goes on for a bit--how Paglia sees Palin as an Amazon Warrior.  Interesting read.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/10/08/palin/

That was a great column.

Mainstream feminism has never spoken for me, mainly because I can't get over their love affair with abortion or their opposition and bitterness towards men. Palin's brand of feminism is refreshing and long overdue as far as I am concerned.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 07:48:43 AM »
How are they doing? I am waiting till the polls start swinging the other way. Oh maybe after Jerome Corsi starts singing...  :evillaugh:

I posted an audio of Corsi and Hannity,, that's Thursday's twist for their pretzels.  :lmao: