Author Topic: A new sort of 'bouncy'?  (Read 970 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
A new sort of 'bouncy'?
« on: October 08, 2008, 07:29:17 PM »
malik flavors  (1000+ posts)      Wed Oct-08-08 07:25 PM
Original message
Question: A Buisness Owning Republican Friend Wrote This In Her Myspace Blog.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7375397

Edited on Wed Oct-08-08 07:27 PM by malik flavors
I just wanted to let you know that if Obama gets elected we will go out of business. We cannot afford higher taxes AND health insurance for 60 employees. If we don't insure them, we will get fined under Obama's plan. So 60 people, including myself will be out of jobs and unable to insure themselves or their children, which by the way, we will be fined for that too..
/Quote

She also threw in a bunch of Muslim and sex ed for children smears for good measure, but I won't post the whole entry (unless someone requests to see the entire thing, I guess).

My question is why she would think she has to give health care to all of her employees? I don't recall hearing of Obama mandating health care for all employees.

Obama only mandates health care for children, not adults or employees?

I also don't recall him taxing small buisness.

I believe this person does make over $250,000 a year, so she's correct that she'll have her taxes raised, but I'm not sure that her statement is correct in any other way.

Any help?

Also, this is a legit question not a concern. This person is a friend that over the years has moved to the fringe of the right wing and it's pretty weird. I just want to be able to prove her wrong if I ever need to.

They prob'ly said that because it's true.

mrcheerful (1000+ posts)      Wed Oct-08-08 07:37 PM
Response to Original message
7. Actually whats scaring most well to do republicon business people
 is Obama's talk of going after their off shore banking accounts and taxing them.
Remember pukes have been hidding money off shore for the last 7 years and not paying taxes on that money. I know one such person and shes rabid about Obama wanting to tax her off shore accounts. Never mind the fact that she sent her money off shore so she didn't have to pay taxes on the interest, oh no, its Obama's going to make all white girls sleep with black guys if elected rants.

Any democratic that gets the right wing this stirred up has to be doing something right. Remember they tired every swift boat tactic under the sun and big O just ducks and punches holes through their swift boats. They are starting to realize Obama isn't John Kerry.

One of the reasons money went off shore is the taxes went up.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline jukin

Re: A new sort of 'bouncy'?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:42:46 PM »
As the DUmbasses blamed Bush for the .5% jump in the unemployment number in june because of the higher minimum wage increase, I'm sure they will blame Bush for the doubling in unemployment under the Obama and his tax increases, healthcare, and protectionist policies.

Remember that the Obama's ideas will hit women , children, minorities, and DU mpmonkies the hardest.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:55:39 PM »
What I expect to hear if NoBama does win is the DUmmies still blaming the eeeeeeeeevul BOOOOOOOSH for the next 10 years for all the woes of the world. NoBama will never be able to pull out of the hole the eeeeeeeeevul BOOOOOOOSH left for him. At least thats what the DUmmies will say.  :jerkit:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 11:30:07 PM »
The way McCain is going Obama is a shoe in.....when your opponent drops the ball you don't pick it up and had it back to him. :thatsright:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 11:59:24 PM »
The way McCain is going Obama is a shoe in.....when your opponent drops the ball you don't pick it up and had it back to him. :thatsright:

Thats sorta the same impression I have from watcfhing McCain at the debates. Not that I have ever really liked McCain anyway. Hes just another open border type same as Bush.  :banghead:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 05:10:16 AM »

It will be a very tough four years.  But, it will last only four years.  The outrage against the Obamessiah and Biden will get to the point where ACORN and its ilk may be subject to "frontier justice."

Then, President Sarah Palin and close to 70 Republican Senators (and 300+ Republican Representatives) can repair the damage.  It may take until 2017, Palin's second term.

But, the pendulum will swing back--with a vengeance.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 06:20:17 AM »
It will be a very tough four years.  But, it will last only four years.  The outrage against the Obamessiah and Biden will get to the point where ACORN and its ilk may be subject to "frontier justice."

Then, President Sarah Palin and close to 70 Republican Senators (and 300+ Republican Representatives) can repair the damage.  It may take until 2017, Palin's second term.

But, the pendulum will swing back--with a vengeance.
I recognize that, Tony Blair camapaigned on change and newness and got Labour elected (tragically 3 times though that in part was due to the rout the tories suffered in 1997) but now the Labour government is the most hated (and I use the word advisedly) ever.  The Conservatives are up to 45% - 50% in the polls compared to around 25% for Labour. I expect after an Obama win that the DUmmies will get whiplash if they try and watch that pendulum swinging back.