Author Topic: Another way to cheat  (Read 1935 times)

Offline SaintLouieWoman

Another way to cheat
« on: October 06, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
Just heard on our local news that the Board of Election Commissioners in the City of St Louis has extended their hours til 7pm tomorrow and 10pm Wednesday (last day to register).

I can't believe it. They're never done that. Guess Missouri will be going the way of Ohio. If Obama can't win it fairly, just keep registering all those homeless folks and bus them to the polls.  :banghead:

Offline RobJohnson

Re: Another way to cheat
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
Just heard on our local news that the Board of Election Commissioners in the City of St Louis has extended their hours til 7pm tomorrow and 10pm Wednesday (last day to register).

I can't believe it. They're never done that. Guess Missouri will be going the way of Ohio. If Obama can't win it fairly, just keep registering all those homeless folks and bus them to the polls.  :banghead:

Hopefully the extended hours help other folks as well. Like those that have had trouble getting there during business hours.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 12:33:48 AM by RobJohnson »

Offline paladin0

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »
The have to have the extra time to bus all those homeless people in from Ohio so they can vote again.

Paladin0
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
—James Madison, Federalist No. 10

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:51:29 AM »
Hopefully the extended hours help other folks as well. Like those that have had trouble getting there during business hours.

No, in the area in question, it's probably 80% minority and 95% dem. It's not a good sign. I guess they're not content with the dead voting---particularly long gone dem politicians. You'd think they'd be smart enough to not use such easily recognized names of long ago party bosses.  :whatever:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 09:57:18 AM »
In CO you don't even have to provide ID or proof of residency.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:04:07 AM »
In CO you don't even have to provide ID or proof of residency.

Speak for yourself Mr. B. 

The Weld County clerk's office all but ran an FBI background check when we moved up here from Aurora and brought up our voter registration.  I've never been so satisfied that I'd proven my identity in a business transaction as I was here.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »
Speak for yourself Mr. B. 

The Weld County clerk's office all but ran an FBI background check when we moved up here from Aurora and brought up our voter registration.  I've never been so satisfied that I'd proven my identity in a business transaction as I was here.
skweez me?

:o

I registered at the new elections office at M Street and 17th just yesterday.

You're in Weld County?

:cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 10:10:45 AM »
skweez me?

You're in Weld County?

I'm down here in Johnstown.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 10:13:23 AM »
I'm down here in Johnstown.
We must get together some night for a bout of harding drinking and Japanese amputee midget pr0n.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 10:25:54 AM »
We must get together some night for a bout of harding drinking and Japanese amputee midget pr0n.

If you're stateside next summer, me and mine will have to take you and yours out sailing on Boyd Lake one day.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 10:28:26 AM »
skweez me?

You're in Weld County?

I filed my original registration via mail, and they required that I come in to the Clerk's office with photo ID to complete the voter registration.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »
I filed my original registration via mail, and they required that I come in to the Clerk's office with photo ID to complete the voter registration.
I believe you because that's what I expected. I walked up with my application, DL and military ID card in hand (and mad I had forgotten to bring a utility bill for proof of residency) and was told signing the affirmation was all that was required.

Not good.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 02:00:54 PM »
No, in the area in question, it's probably 80% minority and 95% dem. It's not a good sign. I guess they're not content with the dead voting---particularly long gone dem politicians. You'd think they'd be smart enough to not use such easily recognized names of long ago party bosses.  :whatever:

:-)

I know where I live the county seat is 3 hours away, with limited hours, so here, that would be a good idea.

I am all for those legally able, to register and vote, no matter who they choose to vote for. Of course, a ride to the polls, and a meal might sway the vote a little.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 02:03:38 PM »
I believe you because that's what I expected. I walked up with my application, DL and military ID card in hand (and mad I had forgotten to bring a utility bill for proof of residency) and was told signing the affirmation was all that was required.

Not good.

I was able to register by mail in Nevada without all that.

But, have to bring utility bill and two forms of ID on election day to get my first ballot.