Author Topic: For Lanie... Religious Tolerance at the Dump.  (Read 3700 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
For Lanie... Religious Tolerance at the Dump.
« on: October 04, 2008, 01:31:49 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8141736

monktonman (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 12:23 AM
Original message
Jesus Jokes....I need a laugh
Its friday night, I'm almost drunk and my girlfriend is mad at me. (even know its her fault)
I really need a good laugh so how about a round of Jesus jokes??
I'll start...

A roman soldier looks up at Jesus and says....
"hey buddy, can you cross your feet.....we only brought three nails."

Ba-dum-tish!!!!

Come on....make me laugh, I really need it.

A LOT of happy responses.  :censored:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: For Lanie... Religious Tolerance at the Dump.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
Get ready for a bunch of "Oh yeah your side is just as bad" bullsh*t from her.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 02:56:52 PM »

Yeah well we should be ashamed the way we mock Woden and Gaia. :whatever:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 03:35:33 PM »
It is not possible to be "just as bad" as a political philosophy that rejects any notion of morality, and heaps scorn on the salvation offered by Jesus Christ, unless, of course, one is another democrat.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 04:42:40 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4170321

wtmusic  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 05:14 PM
Original message
I asked the Good Lord what his opinion of Sarah Palin was
 Advertisements [?]and He told me she's a f*cking nutcase.

He does get a kick out of it when she talks in tongues, though. Sometimes He talks back, just to mess with her.

FYI.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 04:57:49 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4170321
wtmusic  (1000+ posts)      Sat Oct-04-08 05:14 PM
Original message
I asked the Good Lord what his opinion of Sarah Palin was
 Advertisements [?]and He told me she's a f*cking nutcase.

He does get a kick out of it when she talks in tongues, though. Sometimes He talks back, just to mess with her.

FYI

May lightning strike you for that stupid-ass remark, DUmbass.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:24:11 PM by blitzkrieg_17 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 07:09:36 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4169347

Taverner  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 02:00 PM
Original message
The Altamont Pass DMZ in California 
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Sat Oct-04-08 02:01 PM by Taverner

The Altamont Pass is a small pass that rises to an elevation of 1000 feet above sea level and then back down again. Anyone who's driven it knows its a series of breakneck turns at breakneck speeds.

However a funny thing happens as you leave the last official Bay Area town (Livermore) and enter the first Central Valley town (Tracy) - the political landscape changes as if you didn't just leap from one part of the state to another - but as if you left the country itself. It's a DMZ of sorts, much like what separated North and South Vietnam, or what separates North and South Korea today.

Suddenly "No on 8" stickers become "Yes on 8 - FOR THE CHILDREN!!" Obama stickers change to McCain, or 'Saracuda' stickers. You can almost see the dirt on the ground change from blue to red, with no section of purple underneath.

Why this difference by just a small hilly pass? This is where the 'New' California gives way to the 'Old' California. Technology and Educated Professions do not make up the census maps over there - there its farming or some farm related job. You don't need a degree out there - in fact, if you mention you even went to college be prepared for some blank stares.

Meth and Whiskey are the drugs of choice over there, as opposed to Pot and Pinot on the Bay Area side of the DMZ. Jesus is everywhere, and not the kinder, gentler Jesus of the bay area who asks you to turn your cheek, and wouldn't bomb anyone. Here they worship "Red State Jesus" - an angry, browbeating Jesus who thinks sex is bad, shotgun weddings are good, gays should be killed and everyone should own a gun.

Sure, once you get near Sacramento things change back to sanity. But until then, you're driving in enemy territory.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 07:16:18 PM »
Jesus is everywhere, and not the kinder, gentler Jesus of the bay area who asks you to turn your cheek, and wouldn't bomb anyone. Here they worship "Red State Jesus" - an angry, browbeating Jesus who thinks sex is bad, shotgun weddings are good, gays should be killed and everyone should own a gun

So tell me DUmbass, is stupidity painful? It should be.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »

Do you remember when she got banned from DU?  She was making more excuses for $kinner than an abused wife on Oprah.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »
IndianaGreen  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 08:53 PM
Original message

Voting for a supporter of abortion rights amounts to endorsing “homicide.” 

Advertisements [?]

Catholic Church is riven by election politics

Liberals, conservatives skirmish over church’s teachings on war, racism

In Scranton, Pa., every Catholic attending Mass this weekend will hear a special homily about the election next month: Bishop Joseph Martino has ordered every priest in the diocese to read a letter warning that voting for a supporter of abortion rights amounts to endorsing “homicide.”

>>>snip

A biblical position...

ulysses  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 08:54 PM
Response to Original message
1. tax the diocese.
 Now

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
 Kristi1696  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 08:55 PM
Response to Reply #1
2. I agree. nt

kestrel91316  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 08:58 PM
Response to Reply #1
3. And when they can't make the payments, seize their assets and shut them down.

The liberal tolerance...don't like their speech, shut them down.  Silence all disagreement, especially from Christians

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »
Laura PackYourBags  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 06:54 PM
Original message

**** it if the stupid people like her - Annihilate her! NOW

Advertisements [?]Palin is a wicked woman (in the bad sense).

Playing a veiled race card.

Insinuating Obama would bomb innocent civilians.

Throw every single solitary thing at this creature. She is dangerous.

And it matters to all of us. Because if god forbid they win - ALL
AMERICANS have to live with her.

We are not talking about some half-way decent person like Huckabee
or Mitt who we totally disagree with.

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 06:58 PM
2. AoG is full of monstrous people like her!
 Edited on Sat Oct-04-08 07:01 PM by undergroundpanther
Assemblies of God is an evil hearted CULT. I know I got sucked in to it and saw how they seek to control and infiltrate not only members minds but the world.Palin is their wet dream come true, that's why these deluded mean people call her a 'prophet',and pray that mcCain dies..

The AoG mindset is deluded and a dangerous have mind.They are over-obedient and evil,really they ARE.
I wish it WAS legal to annihilate fascists, psychopaths authoritarians and all that have that toxic type of abuser,mean, con man,bully"dominator" personality type.

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 08:00 PM
Response to Reply #4
27. AoG is hateful and snide
 Edited on Sat Oct-04-08 08:05 PM by undergroundpanther
They PRAYED for the DEATH of New Orleans even back in 2000 when I was unfortunately sucked into their cult.I could not bring myself to utter those hateful prayers.I just made my lips move randomly to LOOK like I was praying while inside my own mind my heart screamed Evil,Evil People and reversed pentagrams flashed under my closed eyelids.I came out of that AoG sickness, it made me nearly psychotic. After I left I was stuck with a severe depression and was financially ruined,and I had a burning HATE for AoG and Christianity(the belief system,).

I really do think christianity is EVIL like all MONOtheist religions are.)I hate churches.

I am the inventor of the direction of my own spiritual path. There is what I experience exploring the unknown along my path,That is for me alone, to walk and discover.In the way I see beliefs it is a form of cognitive tyranny if beliefs are imposed from outside yourself,about things no one knows for SURE, like spiritual realms.Belief tyranny can **** up your sanity..

Churches and religion that impose beliefs upon kids(I find kid conversion evil and cruel) and adults to believe in a certain kind off diety a book or conversion are evil.

For everyone forges their own path if they go exploring the unknown, because each person sees the unknown from their own POV..no book or church can do or see for you.You have to do and see it yourself.And nobody SHOULD have a final say on what anyone chooses to believe especially about the unknown/mysteries. unless you're a lib, of course, because libs know best.  Theocrats like Palin are tyrants of beliefs and I hate tyrants.

But Palin and Her ilk would just get off on burning me at a stake.These ****ers are so fanatical and blind they tried to exorcise my other persons out of me which caused me more disintegration(I have PSTD Dissociation issues)I stay away from churches and any sort of believer in anything that desires I be like them,wanting me to convert.

undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)        Sat Oct-04-08 08:19 PM
Response to Reply #12
28. Huckabee
 Is just as dangerous as Palin,they are both Theocratic.
Belief tyrants

Any totalistic belief system that converts people is dangerous.Some are just more vicious to others and pushy because it is all about getting their prizes from their gods after death.They are narcissistic death cultists,infectious mind virus that gets people waiting to be saved, waiting to die and drag anyone they can to die with them and go to their 'heaven'.They are both willing to kill the world in the name of making the world believe in a tyrant world dominator male only god.
Huckabee and Palin share many of the same anti human rights for certain classes of people beliefs.It's all bible based bigotry.

I call the monotheist god the Archon.The Hive Mind, A belief tyrant.Any person that seeks to make human beings into it's "god's"image,and obey that belief is a tyrant..And to fool people or convert them they'll do anything because it means they get bigger rewards in heaven..Remember even hitler knew how to charm his way into power.That's what Archon infested people want,The power to oppress and ruin others lives until they become or believe the same thing the tyrant does.
AoG and many churches are like this, including Islam. Any monotheist beliefs are like this.
Cognitive Tyranny is inherent in the very structure of the beliefs monotheists and other totalistic belief systems.They are at the core Fascist, mono-cultural,controlling and narcissistic.

Check out the thread...not one single poster denied any of this raving hatred.  Not one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 09:40:15 PM »
I am the inventor of the direction of my own spiritual path.

You suppose that's why the subway cat is always running around in circles, chasing its tail?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 12:10:53 AM »
You suppose that's why the subway cat is always running around in circles, chasing its tail?
Judging from the stomach churning photos posted here earlier today, that tail would be a very large and slow-moving target.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 09:32:21 AM »
Judging from the stomach churning photos posted here earlier today, that tail would be a very large and slow-moving target.

that no one would chase.  Not even with beer goggles.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 09:43:19 AM »
The Mangy Cat posted:

But Palin and Her ilk would just get off on burning me at a stake.These ****ers are so fanatical and blind they tried to exorcise my other persons out of me which caused me more disintegration(I have PSTD Dissociation issues)I stay away from churches and any sort of believer in anything that desires I be like them,wanting me to convert.

Is there anything this nutcase doesn't have???  :whatever:

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 09:58:27 AM »
The Mangy Cat posted:

A Sex life.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 10:08:19 AM »
A Sex life.

Hmmmm...Hook her/him up with CU's WolfBoy???  :-)

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 10:26:08 AM »

"shudder"

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 10:45:42 AM »

(Sith) Lord Sarasota, there's a treaty or a convention somewhere against that.  (Can't call you the Sith Mod anymore.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
If you don't make fun of Jesus then you are a racist.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »
The Mangy Cat posted:

A life.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 03:09:24 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7335135

zulchzulu  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-06-08 03:55 PM
Original message
Jesus just called Sarah Palin and they had a little talk

It's amazing how it takes Jesus to call Sarah Palin to tell her off.

Sarah hears her cell phone and fumbles through her pocketbook and answers:

Sarah: Hello, howdy hoo hoo!

Jesus: Sarah... um... this is Jesus. Yunno, Jesus...

Sarah: Jesus? Ooh may gad! Jesus! Wowee! Doggone it! I knew you were watchin' me down here in Flerida and gittin' all happy to..

Jesus: Stop winking at the phone. Jeez. I just had to call you because...

Sarah: ...because yer gonna make us win?

Jesus: No. Um, it's about your...

Sarah: Do ya like my glasses? I wanna see straight! Can ya fix...

Jesus: Sarah! Shut up for a second! And stop winking! I can see you, remember?

Sarah: Oooh, serry... it's jus' theat I do dat all the tam now, Jesus. Oooh, so where are ya callin' from...heaven?

Jesus: Uh...yeah. Heaven. Anyway, it's about you...

Sarah: I'm serry I let my daughter have the kid and now I gotta take care of the returdet ...

Jesus: We'll talk about that later. And no, it's not about Brad either. It's about...

Sarah: I'm prayin' right now, Jesus... make us win...

Jesus: Sarah! (sends small fireball through her cell phone) Shut up for once in your life!

Sarah: I think my cell phone is on fire...

Jesus: That's was me! Now listen. It's about you lying all the time, Sarah. You just keep lying in your speeches and you know what you're doing...

Sarah (crying): I know! I know! After all this is done, I'm gonna git exorcised again from Reverand Muthee...

Jesus: That guy? Are you still doing that goofy speaking in tongues thing? Sarah! Listen to me! (sends another small fireball into her cell phone)

Sarah: OUCH! It's the Devil in my phone! Jesus! HEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Jesus: Ah, forget it Sarah. I was going to tell you about how Todd is cheating on you and you're going to hell anyway, but...

Sarah: Jesus! Jesus! Minininkitititi wipiptoroepw bzzzz bzzzz whoop whoop...

Jesus: Good grief... (hangs up)

Sarah: Jesus? Jesus?

Suddenly John McCain walks up and tries to grab her ass.

Sarah: Oooh mah gad! I am in hell!!!

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 03:20:02 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4178523

leftchick (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-06-08 01:44 PM
Original message
What Is The Difference Between a Christian Extremest and the Taliban?

Just sayin'

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »

Ya know, them taliwhackos take offense if'n you publish pictures of them gettin' all gussied up for their Friday night date with the goat.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 05:15:17 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4178523

From this thread:

Jamastiene  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-06-08 01:51 PM
9. the Headgear?
 Extremists are extremists. Only cultural differences separate them, but not by much

Mesteryo (256 posts)      Mon Oct-06-08 03:30 PM
Response to Reply #9
39. Problem with that..
 We all have different ideas on how you define an extremist except by actions they take. The Taliban are obvious extremists because they do extreme things.

It's harder to define who or what in our society constitutes Christian extremists.

cui bono  (1000+ posts)        Mon Oct-06-08 05:21 PM
Response to Reply #39
102. Not that hard...
 Edited on Mon Oct-06-08 05:24 PM by cui bono
Murder doctors.

Bomb health clinics.

Infiltrate political system in order to spread religious doctrine and make a Christian Nation.

Infiltrate judicial system in order to spread religious doctrine and make a Christian Nation.

Infiltrate educational system in order to spread religious doctrine and make a Christian Nation.

Infiltrate our military in order to spread religious doctrine and make a Christian Nation.

Intolerance of any who do not believe as they do.

Send kids to Jesus Camps to indoctrinate the young.

And the evangelists aren't even doing it because other countries are invading us or putting military bases on our soil or using up all our natural resources.

Education was primarily a Christian service, especially at the college level, for most of our history.  Politicians and judges were almost 100% Christians for most of our history.  The military has had Christian chaplains for almost our entire history.  If intolerance had been a major problem, there would be no leftists now.  It is because Christianity teaches love and tolerance that these hateful people even dwell on our soil.