Author Topic: Is McCain trying to loose?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
Is McCain trying to loose?
« on: October 02, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »
Every detail I get of that bill yesterday makes it just sound worse.  It is a special interest candy store.  Both sides pretty much threw away any pretense that there was anything real in the crisis, and it was just a bare faced raid on the taxpayer.  Its virtues were barely cosmetic.

Just replace the whole lot of them with the most diseased hookers from any random stroll.   The damage from being screwed would be  a lot less.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Is McCain trying to loose?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »
It almost appears as though he's trying to lose, and he may succeed in doing just that.  Perfect opportunity for him, with the majority of the American people backing him up, to step up to the plate and at *least* say the bill was unacceptable given all the added pork attached to the bill for things like wooden arrows for kids, research for different uses of wool, etc...  Perfect chance for him to point out what is wrong in DC when Senators can't just have a bailout bill without all these other pork barrel things attached.  Nope, he just signed off on it.

I gotta keep reminding myself that McCain is a liberal who, at best, occasionally decides to do the right thing, and that B. Hussein is a liberal who cares about nothing but liberalism and how he can dismantle the Constitution and country he hates (USA).

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 06:05:21 PM »
The short answer:  Yes.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »
I can't tell you if he is trying to lose or not, but I think it's a done deal. Obama is going to be the President.  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 06:09:02 PM »
I can't tell you if he is trying to lose or not, but I think it's a done deal. Obama is going to be the President.  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Maybe republicans nationwide will vote for a real conserative next time around...?

Anyone know what Romney's and Paul's opinion on this bailout?  just out of curiosity.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 06:13:20 PM »
Im not convinced on anything in this totally messed-up election season. As for passing this bill, McCain wanted it to pass when it was far less filled with pork, and he boxed himself in a corner on it with the 'suspended campaign' thing. If he voted against it, it would play very badly in MSM-land. I can only guess that its believed that this pork will convert a few of the house members over.

Hopefully it doesn't. Hopefully McCain convinces a few of his house buddies to turn against it because of said pork.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:32:48 PM »

Maybe republicans nationwide will vote for a real conserative next time around...?

Anyone know what Romney's and Paul's opinion on this bailout?  just out of curiosity.

I don't know about Romney, I think Ron Paul said it sucked.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »
Just checked, Romney was for it.. :whatever:

Here is what Huckabee had to say :clap:

"Frankly, I'm disappointed and disgusted with my own Republican party as I watch them attempt to strong-arm a bailout of some of America's biggest corporations by asking the taxpayers to suck up the staggering results of the hubris, greed, and arrogance of those who sought to make a quick buck by throwing the dice. They lost, but want the rest of us to cover their bets so they won't be effected in their lavish lifestyles as they figure out how to spend their tens of millions and in some cases, hundreds of millions in bonuses and compensation which was their reward for not only sinking their companies, but basically doing the same to the entire American economy."