Author Topic: It's Friday!!  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Flame

It's Friday!!
« on: January 25, 2008, 08:50:20 AM »
Today, I get the pleasure of eating instituion food!  That means I'm going to eat lunch at the elementary school with my 7 yr old.  Aren't you jealous????   He was "patriot of the week" last week, and we were supposed to go last week, but we had a snow day, so today is the day.  Ah, the sacrifices one makes for their children!

Sunny but colder day here today (Eastern WV)....highs only in the low 30's, but it's windy. 

TOTD:  Tell us a joke (I need a pick me up!)

Offline jtyangel

Re: It's Friday!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 08:54:19 AM »
Hi Flame! Morning. Freezing here so I expect I'll spend most of the day organizing inside the house. I'm trying to weed out the kids' old toys and clothes and donate them.

TOTD: I'm terrible at this. I can't think of one offhand, but if I were to retell a joke, I usually can't stop laughing long enough to do so.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »
That is a cute reward that the school has Flame. 

I'm so glad it is Friday  :-)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »
I got lucky and didn't have to eat the food yesterday.  Got back from the doctor.  Other than a massive headache and a little soreness, I am good to go.  That surgery ****ing HURT.  Ow, ow, ow!  It didn't help that they covered my face with a blanket and I couldn't breathe.  And the blood pressure cuff slipped down around my wrist during the procedure.  That was a pain in the ass.

Anyway, I get to go home in a couple of hours and enjoy my weekend.  At least I can get away from this little dog that keeps pestering me for attention.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jendf

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »
I got lucky and didn't have to eat the food yesterday.  Got back from the doctor.  Other than a massive headache and a little soreness, I am good to go.  That surgery ******* HURT.  Ow, ow, ow!  It didn't help that they covered my face with a blanket and I couldn't breathe.  And the blood pressure cuff slipped down around my wrist during the procedure.  That was a pain in the ass.

Anyway, I get to go home in a couple of hours and enjoy my weekend.  At least I can get away from this little dog that keeps pestering me for attention.

Was this surgery related to your eye injury, Chris? I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up on it lately.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 10:23:20 AM »
Friday!

My house is clean and picked up .. my in laws are here.. we're about to take the little kiddo to school then off to shop for a floor lamp for our family room.

And it's sunny again... !

sunsunsunsunsunsunsunsun... i need some warmth ..  :beer:

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »
Morning! Mmmmmmmm, school lunches. I so do not miss them but for some reason I like the cheeseburgers, I used to put BBQ chips on them. Hope to hear from a possible mother I might nanny for. She has 4 year old twin girls. Cold and rainy AGAIN.  :banghead: I am sick of  this nasty weather.

TOTD:  What kind of joke are you looking for?

Offline jendf

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 10:49:55 AM »
My favorite lunch as a schoolgirl was hot ham 'n cheese sandwiches. Yum!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »
I got lucky and didn't have to eat the food yesterday.  Got back from the doctor.  Other than a massive headache and a little soreness, I am good to go.  That surgery ******* HURT.  Ow, ow, ow!  It didn't help that they covered my face with a blanket and I couldn't breathe.  And the blood pressure cuff slipped down around my wrist during the procedure.  That was a pain in the ass.

Was this surgery related to your eye injury, Chris? I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up on it lately.

Yep.  There's a Whiny Zone thread around here somwhere. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 10:54:37 AM »
I got an e-mail from AT&T.  They're asking me to apply for an IT support position in my neighborhood.   :cheersmate:

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 10:55:45 AM »
I got an e-mail from AT&T.  They're asking me to apply for an IT support position in my neighborhood.   :cheersmate:

WOOT! Congrats!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 11:08:28 AM »
I got an e-mail from AT&T.  They're asking me to apply for an IT support position in my neighborhood.   :cheersmate:

WOOT! Congrats!

This getting up at 4:30am for work is for the birds.   :censored:

Offline SilverOrchid

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »

WOOT! Congrats!

This getting up at 4:30am for work is for the birds.   :censored:

Ew, that does suck.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 12:35:18 PM »
I got an e-mail from AT&T.  They're asking me to apply for an IT support position in my neighborhood.   :cheersmate:

Excellent!  :)

As for your surgery, everything went smoothly, I take it?  Surgery of any kind is going to make you hurt, and make you feel like you've been tortured (jaw surgery is bad enough... sometimes I think my jaws haven't completely healed... I may contact the surgeon and ask him to take a look again, and see what he thinks).

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 12:41:37 PM »
Today, I get the pleasure of eating instituion food!  That means I'm going to eat lunch at the elementary school with my 7 yr old.  Aren't you jealous????   He was "patriot of the week" last week, and we were supposed to go last week, but we had a snow day, so today is the day.  Ah, the sacrifices one makes for their children!

Sunny but colder day here today (Eastern WV)....highs only in the low 30's, but it's windy. 

TOTD:  Tell us a joke (I need a pick me up!)

C'mon, don't you know Friday at school is pizza day!  At least it was when I went to school...along with those horrible cold green beans...

Nevermind.  I get your point.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
I'm having curried beef for dinner. 

I think I forgot to buy rice.   :thatsright:

edit: oooh, I have some cous cous.  Good stuff.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
I had a doctor appt this morning at 9:30 then I went to help at my daughter's school like I do every friday.  Then I went and picked up my neighbor friend and we went and got lunch for our girls and went back to eat with them at school.  I'm going to go upstairs and work on a quilt in a few minutes.

TOTD:  I don't do jokes.  :p

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »
Late one evening, the day after he had lost his wife scuba diving, two grim-faced policemen paid Mr. Rhodes a visit. "We're sorry to disturb you at this hour, Mr Rhodes, but we have some information concerning your wife. Actually, we have some bad news, some pretty good news and some really great news. Which would you like to hear first?"

Obviously fearing the worst, Mr Rhodes asked for the bad news first.

"We're sorry to inform you, sir," the policeman said, "we found your wife's body in the San Francisco Bay this morning."

Oh, my God!" said a distraught Mr. Rhodes. Remembering what the policeman had said, he asked, "What's the good news?"

"When we pulled her up," said the policeman, "she had two five-pound lobsters and a dozen crabs on her."
"What?" a confused Mr Rhodes exclaimed. "So, what's the great news?"

As he smiled and smacked his lips, the officer replied, "We're going to pull her up again tomorrow."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 02:20:53 PM »
Mike and Bob had just finished the first nine holes in their round of golf, and it was obvious that Mike was having an awful day.

"Gee Mike, you're just not your old self today. What's the matter?" asked Bob.

Mike, looking pretty glum, said, "I think Connie's dead."

"My God! That's terrible," said Bob, "but you said you only THINK your wife is dead. Aren't you sure?"

"Well, I just don't know" responded Mike, "the sex is still the same, but the dishes are piling up."

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »
Friday!

My house is clean and picked up ..
Consider yourself lucky.. they started tearing apart our kitchen yesterday....   so right now, the only two applicances we have are our Fridge and Microwave...(and the MW is out in the living room at the moment).

come to find out there was no insulation in our kitchen walls.. no wonder it got so COLD this weekend... we thought there was _some_ in there....

but officailly only 13 days left of construction.. we shall see!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 02:39:58 PM »
Friday!

Consider yourself lucky.. they started tearing apart our kitchen yesterday....   so right now, the only two applicances we have are our Fridge and Microwave...(and the MW is out in the living room at the moment).

come to find out there was no insulation in our kitchen walls.. no wonder it got so COLD this weekend... we thought there was _some_ in there....

Don't forget to post pictures!!!!

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 02:52:09 PM »
FINALLY- - -Three Quarters packed...

All the clothes I want to take are packed... :) My computer bag is packed, I just have some odd books and stuff to take.

*TKay*

Offline Lauri

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »
Friday!

i couldnt bear the thought of living in construction.. so we just bought a bigger house...  :cheersmate:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 05:03:22 PM »

All the clothes I want to take are packed... :) My computer bag is packed, I just have some odd books and stuff to take.

*TKay*

this is so exciting... will you post about your adventure over there? us happy old married ladies love a vicarious thrill now and then..  :popcorn:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 05:05:23 PM »

*TKay*

Where are you going?  (i forgot)