Author Topic: Didn't I have a house here?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline jtyangel

Didn't I have a house here?
« on: January 25, 2008, 07:51:12 AM »
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/hmmm-didnt-i-have-a-house-here/n20080124205709990007

MOSCOW (AP) - Returning home after an absence can mean unpleasant surprises - a leaky roof, a pet's mess, even a break-in. But a Russian woman got a nastier surprise when she returned from her country house: her home was gone, torn down mistakenly by construction workers clearing a site, according to a report Thursday on NTV television.

"There was nothing left, not even a log," Lyudmila Martemyanova said, bundled against the cold and standing on a snow-covered lot in the center of the Volga River city of Nizhny Novgorod.

A local prosecutor, Nikolai Govorkov, said a construction company tore down the wrong building - Martemyanova's, instead of one nearby that was marked for demolition.

Now there really IS NO place like home.  :tongue:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Didn't I have a house here?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 07:53:51 AM »
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/hmmm-didnt-i-have-a-house-here/n20080124205709990007

MOSCOW (AP) - Returning home after an absence can mean unpleasant surprises - a leaky roof, a pet's mess, even a break-in. But a Russian woman got a nastier surprise when she returned from her country house: her home was gone, torn down mistakenly by construction workers clearing a site, according to a report Thursday on NTV television.

"There was nothing left, not even a log," Lyudmila Martemyanova said, bundled against the cold and standing on a snow-covered lot in the center of the Volga River city of Nizhny Novgorod.

A local prosecutor, Nikolai Govorkov, said a construction company tore down the wrong building - Martemyanova's, instead of one nearby that was marked for demolition.

Kind of an empty feeling, I suppose.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »

I bet she was crushed. Just destroyed over this.

As was her house... :bolt:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 08:03:26 AM »

That is just flat unbelievable.   :tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 08:25:49 AM »

That is just flat unbelievable.   :tongue:

I'm feeling right at HOME with this line of discussion.  :popcorn:

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 11:22:28 AM »
Wow!
Teh Rove is like sooo powerful...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 11:40:47 AM »
so in Russia, this woman has two homes?

Hmm...

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 07:07:20 AM »
I'd bet money, that they bulldozed her home fully aware it was hers and they had no legal right to.

We also have people this stupid, unfortunately.  The Russkis have always had a problem with people taking their instructions literally regardless of the obvious bad consequences (i.e. obvious even to the them at the time) for fear of the consequences if they didn't.  Granted, our problem is not as widespread, since it is limited to Democrats who actually have jobs where they can screw up this way.... 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.