Author Topic: Oxford, Ms Presidential Debate Live Thread - September 26, 2008 - 9PM Eastern  (Read 28933 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Oxford, Ms Presidential Debate Live Thread - September 26, 2008 - 9PM Easter
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 06:33:28 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/audio/radio/cnntv.html

Live audio feed for the peole who can't see their TV's from the computer (like me).  This came in very usefull during Saddleback.

I'd rather have Fox's audio feed, but I haven't found one yet.

there is a video link at cspan.org, also.  I would probably watch it there, since they won't prematurely exclamate, like I am sure the CNNites will.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Oxford, Ms Presidential Debate Live Thread - September 26, 2008 - 9PM Easter
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 06:34:58 PM »

Live audio feed for the peole who can't see their TV's from the computer (like me).  This came in very usefull during Saddleback.

there is a video link at cspan.org, also.  I would probably watch it there, since they won't prematurely exclamate, like I am sure the CNNites will.

I'm trying to avoid video feeds.  My low-budget ISP package doesn't like them.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 06:36:07 PM »

I'm trying to avoid video feeds.  My low-budget ISP package doesn't like them.

understood.  C-SPAN has an audio feed as well.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Just audio feeds?  NO live feeds??...Fox doesn't have one?!?!?!?  :censored:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 06:41:33 PM »
Just audio feeds?  NO live feeds??...Fox doesn't have one?!?!?!?  :censored:

I am sure they do . . . let me look.

Offline Tess Anderson

Re: Oxford, Ms Presidential Debate -- Live Thread -- September 26, 2008
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 07:02:28 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/

I can't find that, either. I was just going to watch it on tv.

Well remember, both candidates know the questions and have prepared answers...the only off the cuff responses will be when they are allowed to respond to eachother.  still may be worthwhile.

Barack Hussein Obama runs a risk of being over prepared:

As President, how would you strengthen international cooperation to prevent nuclear capabilities from falling into dangerous hands and turn [our current] failing grade into an "A"? -- What alternative fuel, energy efficiency, and emissions reduction policies would you seek to implement nationally and internationally by the end of your first term as President in January 2013? -- How will you elevate both the level and effectiveness of US government development spending to advance our national security and foreign policy goals? -- How will you reaffirm America's global leadership in promoting human rights and the rule of law around the world? -- As President, how will you actively engage China while encouraging it to become a stronger stakeholder in the international system?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=prnw.20080926.DC35296&show_article=1&catnum=3

Souns like McCain's strengths.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: The debate
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 07:05:39 PM »

Well, what time does it start?

No television here, remember.

If you want to watch while commenting there is the C-Span 'debate-cam'

http://www.c-span.org/politics/c-span-Debate-Cam.aspx

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: The debate
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »

Well, what time does it start?

No television here, remember.

If you want to watch while commenting there is the C-Span 'debate-cam'

http://www.c-span.org/politics/c-span-Debate-Cam.aspx

thanks! :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 07:51:42 PM »
we're close to getting underway . . . .

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Damn - I'm getting a bit tense here.. I really hope Big Mac doesn't blow it...  

Offline ReardenSteel

http://www.channelsurfing.net/ has CNN streaming video in pretty reliable quality. (my TV is in another room as well) I'd prefer FOX but their site is weird to navigate and  I have not had anymore luck there than anyone else yet.

Also, fwiw, ABC is the only station (non-cable) with a scheduled debate analysis* following the debate according to my yahoo TV guide.

*(Obama spin)  :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 07:54:57 PM »
Damn - I'm getting a bit tense here.. I really hope Big Mac doesn't blow it... 

mccain doesn't need his pal, telly prompter, to do his thing.  The BarackStar! can't sing off the script.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 07:55:52 PM »

OFFS

foxnews is running with the teddy kennedy story as though it changes something. :whatever:

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.channelsurfing.net/ has CNN streaming video in pretty reliable quality. (my TV is in another room as well) I'd prefer FOX but their site is weird to navigate and  I have not had anymore luck there than anyone else yet.

Also, fwiw, ABC is the only station (non-cable) with a scheduled debate analysis* following the debate according to my yahoo TV guide.

Personally I hate the post debate analysis. I don't like to have an explanation of what I just watched.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 07:57:34 PM »
isn't it odd that the media, the folks that are most out of touch with us commoners, are setting the expectations?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 07:57:39 PM »
mccain doesn't need his pal, telly prompter, to do his thing.  The BarackStar! can't sing off the script.

Agreed, but McCain is..well..McCain. One never really knows what McCain is going to say or do. Sometimes he is a giant among men, other times I could just choke him.

Offline Chris

• Administrator

Personally I hate the post debate analysis. I don't like to have an explanation of what I just watched.

I feel the same way about "book discussions".  Let me enjoy my book and leave me be.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline ReardenSteel

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 07:59:19 PM »

and, just for the record, I have already had 6 "aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd"'s and two "understand this"'s :-)

Offline jendf

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »

and, just for the record, I have already had 6 "aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnd"'s and two "understand this"'s :-)
:lmao:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »

Agreed, but McCain is..well..McCain. One never really knows what McCain is going to say or do. Sometimes he is a giant among men, other times I could just choke him.

exactly.  he has been erratic throughout his entire career.  it shouldn't surprise too many people that he is being erratic now.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
It's not good to mix "you know's" and "uhh's".  Escpecially on an empty stomach.

Offline ReardenSteel

What can I say? I'm a politics-junkie. Plus if Obama does bad it's fun to watch them squirm.  :evillaugh:

- Ayn Rand

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 08:02:12 PM »

the global financial crisis = "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!  IT'S THE GREAT DEPRESHUN!!!!!!111!"