Author Topic: Wesley Snipes to Endorse Ron Paul?  (Read 2067 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Wesley Snipes to Endorse Ron Paul?
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:14:24 PM »
(Updated at 7:30 p.m.) OCALA - After being indicted in 2006, actor Wesley Snipes sent a document to the Internal Revenue Service declaring he was a "nonresident alien" of the United States, refuting his Social Security number and warning that continued prosecution could lead to professional consequences for federal employees.

Among other things, the letter claimed the IRS deceives people to "terrorize, enslave, rape or pillage" taxpayers.

IRS Frivolous Return Program senior technical advisor Shauna Henline read excerpts of the document into the record during Snipes' tax evasion trial Thursday at prosecutors' direction.

In the 600-page declaration  :o signed by Snipes and sent Dec. 4, 2006, Snipes said he had "no ill intent or malice" and didn't want to evade any lawful requirement to pay taxes. But he went on to say the government had "no lawful authority to impose any kind of criminal sanctions."

Snipes was indicted in a sealed indictment in April 2006. The indictment wasn't made public until October of that year.

Snipes declared he had no taxable U.S. income, making the IRS Form 1040 "absolutely the wrong form for me to file." He also claimed taxes withheld were "stolen funds."

He chastised the IRS and prosecutors, saying their position toward him was "simply false, fraudulent and misrepresenting."

The document also warned the government's "illegal collection action" would result in "significant personal liability" for those involved.

"Warning - pursuit of such a high profile target will open the door for your increased collateral risk," Snipes wrote. "I certainly don't believe this is in your best interest and can be avoided."

Snipes lawyer Robert Barnes said the actor didn't intend to threaten anyone.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Wesley Snipes to Endorse Ron Paul?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:52:42 PM »
Wesley's gonna be one broke mofo when this is over.  Hollywood may have fooled the world with their slander of 'McCarthyism", but they don't stand a chance against IRS-ism. 

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:43:22 PM »
Shouldn't he be supporting Huckabee? The supporter of the Fairtax?

Ahhhh, he must not want to pay taxes at all. You know, like Paul. After he's elected, the government, and all operational costs, will be ran by f'n fairy dust.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:49:14 PM »
I live in Ocala, it is a media circus around this guy...one of the local reporters asked him if he was going to testify at his trial (oh, by the way, you do know we are a bunch of white sheet KKK racist in this town, Snipes said so...so it must be true...)...his answer had something to do with throwing the chicken bones...so it doesn't surprise me he is a Ron Paul supporter, most of the whaco's out there are.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 01:42:14 AM »
Its sad to see this going on. I used to really like his movies.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline JohnMatrix

• admirer of Sir Edward Tylor
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 01:48:28 AM »
he still makes movies, but they are crappy straight to DVD films.
LadyLiberty does not like my mother because I speak Spanish to her in public.

yes snuggly bunny, i voted for RON PAUL.

Mr.Mann is obsessed with me.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 04:54:51 PM »
i dont know about ya'll.. but that seems like a threatening note at the end of his letter.

it sounds like, "if anyone comes close to my house, i WILL shoot you"