Author Topic: Tennessean: State rep’s son contacted in Palin e-mail probe  (Read 3887 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Tennessean: State rep’s son contacted in Palin e-mail probe
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:52:09 PM »
Seeing that the screencaps of the Gawker site had the IP addresses on them, this wasn't difficult.

As in my earlier thread today, I'm only quoting two paragraphs because the whole story is only five graphs long.

Tennessean: State rep’s son contacted in Palin e-mail probe

The Tennessean
Originally published 04:53 p.m., September 18, 2008
Updated 04:53 p.m., September 18, 2008

NASHVILLE – The son of state Rep. Mike Kernell has been contacted by authorities in connection with a probe into the hacking of personal e-mail of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, Kernell told The Tennessean.

Kernell, a Memphis Democrat, said his 20-year-old son David had been contacted by authorities investigating the hacking of Palin’s personal e-mail account, the newspaper reported on its Web site this afternoon.

Geez . . . a Memphis Democrat?  Color me shocked!!! . . . not.

The rest is at:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/sep/18/tennessean-state-reps-son-contacted-palin-e-mail-p/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jendf

Re: Tennessean: State rep’s son contacted in Palin e-mail probe
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »
I know. It's stunning. Who would have thought it really? Oh, yeah. EVERYONE!  :lmao: Hope he likes prison.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 05:00:57 PM »
I know. It's stunning. Who would have thought it really? Oh, yeah. EVERYONE!  :lmao: Hope he likes prison.
He can be FORMER state Sen. Ford's roomie.   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »
Aren't there separate penalties for each occurrence?  He could be in deep doo-doo.
It looks like Sarah Palin wasn’t the only target of an online hacker. Law enforcement officials are investigating claims that the private e-mail accounts of the Republican vice presidential candidate’s family and staff were also compromised.

“Yesterday, the Department received a referral alleging that the personal e-mail accounts of Gov. Sarah Palin, her staff, and her family had been unlawfully hacked. The Department is reviewing the matter,” Justice Department spokeswoman Laura Sweeney said on Thursday.

The FBI and Secret Service launched a formal investigation on Wednesday into the hacking of one of Palin’s Yahoo! e-mail accounts. Yahoo! declined to comment Thursday on details of the investigation, citing Palin’s privacy and the sensitivity of such investigations.

Fox News

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 05:11:25 PM »
they will just send his azz to drug rehab. like the other Democratic Congressman's son, smuggling illegal aliens into the country. Ever notice when a Democrats kid breaks the law they get to go to "drug rehab"?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 05:15:01 PM »
they will just send his azz to drug rehab. like the other Democratic Congressman's son, smuggling illegal aliens into the country. Ever notice when a Democrats kid breaks the law they get to go to "drug rehab"?
Might as well.  They're already charter members.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 05:33:46 PM »
He can be FORMER state Sen. Ford's roomie.   :-)

Maybe so, but they're both tagged as candy-ass members of Bubba's harem.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 05:47:03 PM »
Hey!!! anybody skulking from Dummyland??? The Shit Might Hit The Fan!  :lmao:

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »
Aren't there separate penalties for each occurrence?  He could be in deep doo-doo.
It looks like Sarah Palin wasn’t the only target of an online hacker. Law enforcement officials are investigating claims that the private e-mail accounts of the Republican vice presidential candidate’s family and staff were also compromised.

“Yesterday, the Department received a referral alleging that the personal e-mail accounts of Gov. Sarah Palin, her staff, and her family had been unlawfully hacked. The Department is reviewing the matter,” Justice Department spokeswoman Laura Sweeney said on Thursday.

The FBI and Secret Service launched a formal investigation on Wednesday into the hacking of one of Palin’s Yahoo! e-mail accounts. Yahoo! declined to comment Thursday on details of the investigation, citing Palin’s privacy and the sensitivity of such investigations.

Fox News

great.  they even went after her 19 year old daughter.  I understand they found bristol palin's cell phone number, and actually called it.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 05:56:37 PM »
great.  they even went after her 19 year old daughter.  I understand they found bristol palin's cell phone number, and actually called it.

Probably the first phone number of a girl that they DIDN'T  get off a bathroom stall.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 05:57:35 PM »

Probably the first phone number of a girl that they DIDN'T  get off a bathroom stall.

Or out of the Yellow Pages.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline lastparker

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »
I can't believe Gawker has it all up... yes I can.

Is George Clooney going to publicly condemn Gawker over THIS?  Nah - he only gets his panties in a wad when someone posts his whereabouts on Stalker.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 10:19:33 AM »

Affirmative.  Each account hacked = separate charges.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 02:34:54 PM »
I think one of the lawyers on Fox said internet crime was a 5yr sentence.

Since it's a federal crime ...that means federal prison.

19-20 yr old kid.....hmmmm.....life is going to be realllllly different than life as a college student.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
He won't get squat for time. Drug rehab and probation at the most
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 05:09:23 PM »
...more likely...house arrest.   :whatever:

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 05:10:45 PM »

why are people sure that he has a drug problem?  :???:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 05:14:09 PM »

"drug rehab" for TN Dem legislators and their families is usually some posh, resort type "hospital". 

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 05:15:30 PM »
I happened to be reading some blogs about this kid this morning--didn't save the links; started at freerepublic and worked my way all over the internet--and it turns out the kid's been hospitalized in a mental institution two times before he was 15 years old.  He confirmed that on his own blog.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 08:15:40 PM »

Because the Libtards always use that excuse. Look at all of the actors/ comedians/etc that commit heinous problems. They go into rehab and they're "cured"...... It's just one of their lame excuses.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 09:05:18 PM »
I think one of the lawyers on Fox said internet crime was a 5yr sentence.

Since it's a federal crime ...that means federal prison.

19-20 yr old kid.....hmmmm.....life is going to be realllllly different than life as a college student.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 11:36:32 PM »

You are probably correct; however, 2 border agents shoot a drug pusher in the ass and they get hard time in a Fed. prison.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 12:12:44 AM »
I happened to be reading some blogs about this kid this morning--didn't save the links; started at freerepublic and worked my way all over the internet--and it turns out the kid's been hospitalized in a mental institution two times before he was 15 years old.  He confirmed that on his own blog.

Mental + criminal: A pillar in the DUmp community.  :hyper:
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 09:51:49 AM »
What kind of person would call Bristol's cell phone? :censored:  What would they say to her voice mail?  :loser:  Do they realized the phone number is stored when they do that, and that kind of phone call is also possible jail time? :tongue:

I would imagine this will go down the msm memory hole, but it will be permanently stored in the memory of normal folks.  People are very defensive about the personal lives, and it is one more area where they have sympathy for her.

It would have cost Obama nothing to publicly denounce this behavior.  Did he?  (not a rhetorical qestion, I just don't know)
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »
Depending on whether or not this kid really did it....

Wouldn't he be charged where he committed the crime? And go before a judge where he committed the crime?

E TN is predominately Republican and very impressed with Sarah Palin.... :-)
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.