Author Topic: Allen Boyd's Son Arrested For Smuggling Illegals!!!  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Willow

• Limousine
Allen Boyd's Son Arrested For Smuggling Illegals!!!
« on: September 18, 2008, 11:41:59 AM »
WASHINGTON —  Florida Rep. Allen Boyd's son was arrested in Arizona Sunday and charged with human smuggling after K-9 dogs allegedly sniffed out individuals hiding in the bed of his truck.

John F. Boyd attempted to drive through a Border Patrol security check in Willcox, court documents revealed, according to KVOA-TV in Phoenix. Five illegal aliens, including a 6-year-old girl, were found in the truck.

The criminal complaint obtained by KVOA states, "At the primary inspection area, a Border Patrol K-9 alerted to the possible presence of illegal aliens in the bed of the truck. A primary inspection agent approached the truck and saw an individual hiding under a piece of plywood in the bed of the truck."

The documents also say the illegal immigrants planned to pay $3,000 each to Boyd to smuggle them into the final destination in the United States.

The vehicle contained "two plastic bags that

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,424648,00.html

Did anybody see this on their Front Page??

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Allen Boyd's Son Arrested For Smuggling Illegals!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:45:12 AM »
Finally they get around to mentioning the party affiliation in the fourth paragraph.

It's the usual one, when criminality's in the news.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »
I was digging around on the Fox News page. wayy down at the bottom I found the article. Not a whisper on the television. Now if this were one of Sarah Palin's kids we would be in a nuclear meltdown by now.

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 09:45:28 PM »
Was the six year old girl planning on voting for Obama? :popcorn:
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Woody

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 11:40:53 PM »
Was the six year old girl planning on voting for Obama? :popcorn:

Only three or four times.  Nothing really illegal.  :fuelfire:
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 06:52:04 AM »
"This is a family matter that my family and I will be dealing with privately. John is a grown man and must face the consequences for his actions, but he has the love and support of his family," Boyd said.

Your son smuggles illegal aliens into the country for steep profit, and he has the love and support of your family.   

Makes you all warm inside doesn't it?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 07:04:59 AM »
However, Boyd was picked up later by the Tucson, Ariz., police for failure to appear in court on a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia in July.

^snip^

On Friday, Boyd spokeswoman Melanie Morris referred a reporter to Tuesday's comment.

"We won't be commenting further at this time," she said in an e-mail.

Eric Jotkoff, the spokesman for the Democratic Party of Florida, also declined to discuss whether the arrest of Boyd's son was hurting the congressman, who represents Florida's congressional District 2.

"I'd say you'd have to talk to Congressman Boyd's staff in regards to that," Jotkoff said.

He said a comment from Boyd's office rather than the state party would be "most appropriate."

Closer to home, the arrest did not seem to be causing a stir. Boyd, a Democrat, faces relative unknown Mark Mulligan, a Republican, in the Nov. 4 general election.

"I just know what I've read in the paper," said Rosie Slyfield, a Democratic state committeewoman in Okaloosa County. "We all have kids and they do things sometimes that we wouldn't have them do. I think people are more likely to feel sorry for him (Allen Boyd) that it happened."

Mulligan said he didn't want to comment on what impact the arrest might be having locally.

"I don't know if it's having an impact on the campaign," Mulligan said. "I'm sticking to my message. All I know is what I've read in the newspaper."

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/boyd_11271___article.html/arrest_allen.html

Uh-huh.   Your thoughts on Sarah Palin then Ms. Slyfield?