Send Us Hatemail ! mailbag@conservativecave.com
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
On Monday afternoon, the San Diego Police Department announced that they were on the scene at the Islamic Center of San Diego in the 7000 block of Eckstrom Avenue for a "reported active shooter."...Around 40 minutes later, just before 4 p.m. EDT, the police department announced that the scene was still active but contained....And around 15 minutes after that, the police department announced that the threat had been neutralized....This situation is quite chaotic right now, but here's what we know. Officer Anthony Carrasco, who is presumably with the San Diego Police Department, says he believes people have been shot. NBC News is reporting that two people have been killed and others are injured. The shooter has reportedly been "neutralized."...Aerial footage shows at least one person lying on the ground in a pool of blood, surrounded by law enforcement officers. It's not clear if this is the shooter or a victim.
Two suspects in the shooting were reported dead, three high-level law enforcement sources from local agencies confirm to NBC 7. SDPD said the threat to the Islamic center had been "neutralized" around 1 p.m.At least three people were killed in the shooting, according to San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl.QuoteSuspect IDs released, sources tell NBC NewsBy Renee SchmiedebergTwo senior law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation and a federal law enforcement official say the Islamic Center of San Diego suspects have been identified by law enforcement as Cain Clark and Caleb Vazquez, NBC News reports.
Suspect IDs released, sources tell NBC NewsBy Renee SchmiedebergTwo senior law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation and a federal law enforcement official say the Islamic Center of San Diego suspects have been identified by law enforcement as Cain Clark and Caleb Vazquez, NBC News reports.
Five people, including two teenage suspects, are dead after a shooting at a mosque in San Diego. So far none of the victims or the suspects have been named.QuoteScott Wahl, the San Diego police chief, said there is no further threat. He said one security guard, whom he did not name, is among the dead. Wahl said the guard played a “pivotal role” in assisting the immediate response, and that the shooting could’ve been “much worse.”Police gave a press briefing in which they explained the situation in a bit more detail. They were called to the mosque and when they arrived found three people down in front of the mosque. They immediately entered the mosque assuming there was a shooter inside. Meanwhile, there was another call a few blocks away. That's where the suspects fired at a landscaper who was not hit. Finally, not much later there was a third call and police found the two teen suspects dead in a car. So it appears they fled the scene and then stopped and killed themselves....There's no clear word yet on a motive but police said they were treating it as a hate crime and there are some leaks to the media which suggest that is accurate.QuoteInvestigators recovered anti-Islamic writing in the car where the suspects were found dead, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the matter who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to share details publicly. Before the shooting, one of the two suspects took a firearm from his parents’ house and left a suicide note, the officials said. The words “hate speech” were written on one of the firearms used in the attack.CNN is now also hearing the same thing. Plus this report adds that the suicide note left behind by one of the suspects had something to do with "racial pride."
Scott Wahl, the San Diego police chief, said there is no further threat. He said one security guard, whom he did not name, is among the dead. Wahl said the guard played a “pivotal role” in assisting the immediate response, and that the shooting could’ve been “much worse.”
Investigators recovered anti-Islamic writing in the car where the suspects were found dead, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the matter who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to share details publicly. Before the shooting, one of the two suspects took a firearm from his parents’ house and left a suicide note, the officials said. The words “hate speech” were written on one of the firearms used in the attack.