Welcome to The Conservative Cave©!Join in the discussion! Click HERE to register.
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
A new FBI memo puts President Joe Biden in the thick of the Mar-a-Lago search of President Donald Trump's home.The memo puts an end to any rumors or partisan talking points; internal emails and memos outline briefings, coordination, and presidential approval before federal agents entered Trump's home.In January 2022, the National Archives and Records Administration received 15 boxes of presidential materials from Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate. Staff members found documents bearing classified markings, and requested additional materials from Trump's team.Archivist officials believed more records remained at the property. The dispute moved from paperwork to potential criminal exposure within a matter of months.By April 2022, White House Deputy Counsel Jonathan Su spoke with officials at the DOJ and the National Archives. Acting Archivist Debra Steidel Wall wrote to Trump attorney Evan Corcoran, confirming that Biden declined to assert executive privilege over the materials, clearing the way for FBI access.An internal FBI memo stated that the planned action relied on the timeline of President Biden's decision and coordination between the White House Counsel's Office and the DOJ.
When Obama got approval to build his presidential center in Jackson Park, he vowed the project would be privately funded. Every penny, he said, would come from donations to his foundation. Taxpayers, he insisted, wouldn’t be on the hook. That was the sales pitch — and like so many Obama promises, it’s proven to be fiction.The Obama Foundation may be paying for the building itself, but taxpayers have been secretly shouldering hundreds of millions of dollars in hidden infrastructure costs. Roads were torn up, utilities relocated, and parkland reshaped — all to serve Obama’s monument to himself. Cornell Drive, a major four-lane roadway that once ran along the park’s lagoon, has been erased so Obama’s massive campus could dominate the landscape.This wasn’t just a minor tweak to city planning. It was a taxpayer-funded overhaul of a historic public park — one that Obama’s team couldn’t have pulled off without Chicago and Illinois residents footing the bill....Back in 2018, officials estimated public infrastructure costs at $350 million. Fast forward to today, and that number is almost meaningless. The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) now admits to roughly $229 million in “state-managed spending.” Chicago’s records show another $206 million linked to the same project. No one in city or state government will say how those figures line up — or whether the total cost is far higher.Fox News Digital filed Freedom of Information Act requests with IDOT, Chicago’s Department of Transportation, the Office of Budget and Management, Mayor Brandon Johnson’s office, and Governor J.B. Pritzker’s administration. Not one produced a complete accounting of public spending. IDOT offered vague numbers. The city stalled and refused to release records. Pritzker’s office contradicted itself, then stopped responding entirely. OBM even admitted it had “no responsive records” — an absurd claim for the agency that manages the city’s capital budget.This is a coordinated cover-up, plain and simple.
The bandit who stole the mayor of Oakland’s $75,000 SUV had been “squatting” inside City Hall before swiping the keys from her office, the California Post can reveal.Barbara Lee’s black Ford Expedition was reported missing on Tuesday but was recovered just “hours later” in nearby Vallejo, California, thanks to a tracker attached to it.A source told the Post the thief had been living inside the complex since Friday and managed to stay undetected despite the highly paid ABC Security Services being on site.The suspect was holed out on the 11th floor of the deserted offices over the Presidents Day weekend, according to the insider.They are understood to have “jimmied” the door to Lee’s office on Monday and made off with the city-owned car using an unsecured parking lot entrance.Police said the alleged thief had been identified through security footage and an arrest was made on Thursday.