Author Topic: primitives discuss prospect of Big Zero becoming Senate Democrat leader  (Read 1214 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7093092

Oh my.

It's always good to have a contingency plan, in case things don't work out the way one hopes they will.

LostinRed  Donating Member  (150 posts) Wed Sep-17-08 06:42 AM
Original message

If Obama loses the election, he should be Senate Majority leader.

First, I really don't believe he'll lose this election. If he does, however, he should be majority leader in the Senate. I don't know how the majority leader is chosen but Obama would be a great leader. I believe, even if we lose the white house, we'll win the Senate. Even with kicking Lie-berman out.

AndyA  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 06:44 AM
Response to Original message

1. Not good enough.

We must get the White House as well as Congress. Everyone is going to have to work together to straighten out this HUGE MESS created by Bushco and the GOP. Fighting with a regressive, out of touch, lying, bigoted, hypocritical pResident (again) will prevent making the changes we desperately need.

Barack must go to the White House.

Bonn1997  (239 posts) Wed Sep-17-08 06:53 AM

2. If he loses the election, Dems will view him like they view Kerry now IMO

my3boyz  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 07:01 AM
Response to Reply #2

3. Yup! No second chances with the Dem party! You are dead to them if you lose.

Onlooker  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 07:04 AM

6. Let's not even think about that

Lerkfish  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 07:11 AM

7. if mccain wins, we're all dead within 4 years anyways, so your point is moot.

All the better the reason to vote for John McCain then; he'll drive the primitives into extinction.

Lancer  Donating Member  (892 posts) Wed Sep-17-08 07:30 AM

9. We do tend to develop collective amnesia towards our fallen standard-bearers. I heard that last year Ted Kennedy had to hustle to find seats on the dais for Michael and Kitty Dukakis at a Democratic fundraiser for Massachusetts Democrats! (Covering over the fact no one had thought to include them.)

Personally, I've always thought that McCain's highest ambition was Senate Majority Leader. I don't think now and never thought that McCain truly wanted to be President.

terrya  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 07:32 AM

10. Let's not speculate about losing, ok?

I know it's a possibility.

But let's stay positive, ok?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: primitives discuss prospect of Big Zero becoming Senate Democrat leader
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 07:45:34 AM »
A failed Presidential bid jumps him to seniority over every other Dem Senator halfway through his first term?  Yeeeeahhh, we're gonna need that stapler upstairs, Milton.....
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 07:47:33 AM »
A failed Presidential bid jumps him to seniority over every other Dem Senator halfway through his first term?  Yeeeeahhh, we're gonna need that stapler upstairs, Milton.....

Well, the primitives do have an odd notion about how things work.

Remember how some primitives thought that if another Democrat beat Bela Pelosi in the Democrat primary in San Francisco, that other Democrat would then become Speaker of the House?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 07:50:28 AM »

Well, the primitives do have an odd notion about how things work.

Remember how some primitives thought that if another Democrat beat Bela Pelosi in the Democrat primary in San Francisco, that other Democrat would then become Speaker of the House?

They do seem to be trying to raise 'Stupid' to a performance art at times.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 08:06:06 AM »
We were all supposed to be dead four. years ago as well, but I still see some of the same DUmmies posting the same, tired bull they did in 2004.

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 08:28:11 AM »
We were all supposed to be dead four. years ago as well, but I still see some of the same DUmmies posting the same, tired bull they did in 2004.

Ya like there was supposed to be a draft for Bushes conquest of the world, guess that never happened.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 08:43:25 AM »
It is amusing how the Little Goons think a failed presidential run somehow elevate the loser to some vaulted position in the eyes of their fellow democrats.  I remember in 2004, the Little Goons had dreams of John Kerry becoming the new face of the democrat party after Kerry's trip, stumble, and fall.

I write it off as too much emotional investment.  The little Goons fill their life vessels to the brim with their unnatural attachment to the soon-to-fail democrat presidential candidate of the day, and as it gets close to being over, they can't imagine their lives without this candidate being the center.  Although they know failure within the democrat party is NEVER rewarded they still sing verse after verse of "I Can Dream, Can't I".

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
It is amusing how the Little Goons think a failed presidential run somehow elevate the loser to some vaulted position in the eyes of their fellow democrats.  I remember in 2004, the Little Goons had dreams of John Kerry becoming the new face of the democrat party after Kerry's trip, stumble, and fall.

I write it off as too much emotional investment.  The little Goons fill their life vessels to the brim with their unnatural attachment to the soon-to-fail democrat presidential candidate of the day, and as it gets close to being over, they can't imagine their lives without this candidate being the center.  Although they know failure within the democrat party is NEVER rewarded they still sing verse after verse of "I Can Dream, Can't I".

It's all part of that "Hope for Change" thingy. :evillaugh:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.