Author Topic: primitives dreaming of Vermont  (Read 1516 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives dreaming of Vermont
« on: September 17, 2008, 06:49:56 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4017977

You know, I recently speculated that the kaput primitive, the kpete primitive, might be a supermole on Skins's island; now, I am starting to suspect the nightmare primitive, the seemslikeadream primitive, too.

This is just really so odd, posting topics that decent and civilized people find laughable, preposterous, ludicrous, but primitives find credible.....and then nothing happens, the primitives without knowing it having egg on their faces.

Damn, that's a great modus operandi, slyly mocking the primitives.

seemslikeadream  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 12:18 AM
Original message

Announcing Plans to Prosecute Bush in Vermont

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/36040

Announcing Plans to Prosecute Bush in Vermont

Renowned Criminal Prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi Joins Vermont Attorney Charlotte Dennett To Announce Intentions To Bring Legal Proceedings Against President Bush

Press conference to be held at:
Burlington City Hall. Contois Auditorium on September 18, 2008 at 10:30 a.m.

Vincent Bugliosi, the legendary criminal prosecutor and bestselling author of The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, will appear in Burlington with Charlotte Dennett, a Cambridge-based attorney and Progressive Party candidate for Attorney General, on Thursday, September 18 at Burlington City Hall at 10 a.m. The two attorneys will announce their intention to commence criminal proceedings against George W. Bush in the event that Dennett succeeds in her bid to become the next Attorney General of Vermont.

As a Los Angeles District Attorney, Bugliosi successfully prosecuted 105 out of 106 felony jury trials, including 21 murder convictions without a single loss. He is best known for prosecuting Charles Manson, an experience he memorialized in his book Helter Skelter. His most recent book, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, has become a sensation since its publication this summer. "I have never received such a passionate response as I have to this book," says Bugliosi. "Most Americans are deeply offended that George W. Bush has not been held accountable for his many crimes while in office, the most egregious of which is the murder of over 4,000 American soldiers and over 100,000 Iraqi civilians. My book lays out the framework of how he can be brought to justice in any state in this country; a framework which I hope will serve notice to future occupants in the White House."

Dennett has been practicing law in Vermont since 1997 and has been an investigative journalist for more than 30 years. "When I read Mr. Bugliosi’s meticulously-argued case," says Dennett, "it struck a chord with me as a Vermonter and an American citizen. Tragically, our state has the highest per capita loss of soldiers. 36 towns have voted to impeach President Bush. We Vermonters fiercely cherish our democracy and our country's Constitution. We're up for this fight."

upi402  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 12:20 AM
Response to Original message

1. seemslike adream is right

good on Vermonters. Hope they don't need emergency aid!

Mind_your_head  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 12:23 AM

2. Just "do it"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

lonestarnot  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 12:25 AM

3. Did you catch any of Keith tonight? Re the dick's lie?

I only caught a brief bit and had to run. Well worth watching it here or the repeat tonight.

By the way, did the lonestarnut primitive's big story ever pan out?  What's up with that?

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

barbtries  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 07:12 AM

4. go for it

accountability. rule of law.

cali  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-17-08 07:18 AM

6. Dennett doesn't stand a chance in hell of becoming Vermont's AG

Bill Sorrell has been there for ages, and he has the job as long as he wants. I'll be voting for Dennett, but it won't make any difference.

The Obamaite cali primitive's going to be voting for the Big Zero too, but it won't make any difference.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: primitives dreaming of Vermont
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 06:57:12 AM »
I dunno.

SLAD actually tries to defend it's posts, at least in the crackpot arena (the 9/11 forum).

There are a great many posts by SLAD that indicate they are either a REALLY dedicated and enthusiastic part of COINTELPRO or a complete idiot.

I personally lean towards the idea that SLAD is nothing more than a mentally misaligned idiot with an IQ that would make a rock look smart.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 07:16:29 AM »
I dunno.

SLAD actually tries to defend it's posts, at least in the crackpot arena (the 9/11 forum).

There are a great many posts by SLAD that indicate they are either a REALLY dedicated and enthusiastic part of COINTELPRO or a complete idiot.

I personally lean towards the idea that SLAD is nothing more than a mentally misaligned idiot with an IQ that would make a rock look smart.

To be honest, I never paid much attention to the nightmare primitive, and so that was just a wild guess.

However, now that the nightmare primitive has captured my eyesight, I will pay more attention.

I've been running out of primitives of interest; the Bostonian Drunkard's hardly around any more, and Pedro Picasso presents no stimulating challenge.  I've been watching the lonestarnut primitive, but I'm not sure if the lonestarnut primitive has more than the intelligence of a dead rock.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 08:18:05 AM »
I dunno.

To be honest, I never paid much attention to the nightmare primitive, and so that was just a wild guess.

However, now that the nightmare primitive has captured my eyesight, I will pay more attention.

I've been running out of primitives of interest; the Bostonian Drunkard's hardly around any more, and Pedro Picasso presents no stimulating challenge.  I've been watching the lonestarnut primitive, but I'm not sure if the lonestarnut primitive has more than the intelligence of a dead rock.

slad is also a denizen of PI along with the absolutely insane Lerkfish and a few others.  Apparently, Skins Island is just too conservative for them in so many ways.  I think lonestanot's 'somethings comin' post was a flash in the pan and nothing much else of interest will be forthcoming from that one. 

The ones who really pique my interest are the physicians, Richardo (pretty sure), Bread and Circues and PCIntern (may be a dentist), and kestrel, the vet.  They seem to have too much time on their hands to post drivel, give medical advice and talk about their patients.  Jeepers!  You think they might be lying?! 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 08:19:40 AM »
The ones who really pique my interest are the physicians, Richardo (pretty sure), Bread and Circuses and PCIntern (may be a dentist), and kestrel, the vet.  They seem to have too much time on their hands to post drivel, give medical advice and talk about their patients.  Jeepers!  You think they might be lying?!

Of course.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 08:29:57 AM »
They would better be spending their time trying to help the poor or widows or the fatherless than doing this nonsense, but that wouldn't get them the recognition and praise from the kooks they so desire.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 08:35:45 AM »
They would better be spending their time trying to help the poor or widows or the fatherless than doing this nonsense, but that wouldn't get them the recognition and praise from the kooks they so desire.

That would require them to care more about the poor or widows or the fatherless, than they do about their political agenda.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »

That would require them to care more about the poor or widows or the fatherless, than they do about their political agenda.

Well, jeepers!  If they weren't constantly posting they wouldn't have the chance for those well deserved "K&R" that makes them 'credible' to fellow asylum dwellers.   Feeding their own bloated egos is far more important.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 11:15:50 AM »
did the lonestarnut primitive's big story ever pan out?  What's up with that?
The game changer, which had legs, and converted McCain to toast, amounted to less than zero. DUmmy lonestarnut, after generating over 30,000 page views, didn't deliver. Her big story, which caused a short-lived frenzy in the dump, turned out to be a rehash from the '90s of Cindy McCain's problem with prescription drugs. The MSM coverage, promised by DUmmy lonestarnot, turned out to be a story on the loony moonbat web site Raw Story.

One aspect was a little odd. When it became apparent that DUmmy lonestarnot's huge story was a hoax, she did not slink away like DUmmy WilliamPitt after his Fitzmas debacle. Instead, she stayed visible, lashing out at DUmmies who disparaged her and posting more nonsense. Furthermore, any DUmmies who criticized her were slapped down by her defenders, or had their threads locked by mods.

This is a huge change from the rough treatment suffered by DUmmy WilliamPitt, who was excoriated for weeks, and is still subject to occasional humiliating "business hours" references. DUmmy WilliamPitt had his apologists, after all, he was a moonbat icon. But DUmmy lonestarnot's defenders were far more effective, and were reinforced by moderators.

Apparently Skimmer had for some reason decided to get rid of DUmmy WilliamPitt, without the uproar of a tombstone, but judged DUmmy lonestarnot to be just another harmless nut. It's our loss. No other DUmmy is as absurd, as pompous, as comical as DUmmy WilliamPitt on one of his drunken "Magic Man" rants. His air of condescension and open contempt for other DUmmies, while being himself a goofy moron, was classic. He is missed.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 11:20:48 AM »
You know, I totally approve of the way the lonestarnut was handled by Skins.

The lonestarnut is just simple, and one treats fools differently than one treats pompous asses such as the Bostonian Drunkard.

By the way, let this be a lesson to lurking primitives--there is nobody, but nobody, on Skins's island who has "access" to "deep sources" or "inside information," about anybody or anything.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 11:28:12 AM »
Outside of the extremely leftist and Canadian paradise of Burlington, Vermont isn't going to buy this. 

They can dream though.