Author Topic: Atlantic Magazine Might Sue McCain Smearing Photographer  (Read 1144 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Atlantic Magazine Might Sue McCain Smearing Photographer
« on: September 15, 2008, 03:58:47 PM »
The photographer that viciously smeared John McCain at her website might be facing a lawsuit for violating the terms of agreement in her contract with The Atlantic magazine.

As NewsBusters reported Saturday, Jill Greenberg not only admitted to taking a rather sinister picture of the Republican presidential candidate that she hoped The Atlantic would use on its October cover, but she also generated some truly disturbing and disgraceful images of McCain which she proudly displayed at her website.

The magazine's editor, James Bennet, told Fox News's Megyn Kelly Monday that he was deeply sorry about this incident, and that The Atlantic isn't taking it lying down (audio available here, partial transcript follows, h/t NBer blonde) :  ...
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/09/15/atlantic-magazine-might-sue-mccain-smearing-photographer

It turns out that poor Jill has not yet been paid ... and may not be.  :lmao:

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
Re: Atlantic Magazine Might Sue McCain Smearing Photographer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »
What dumb moonbat....

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »
I saw that interview this morning. I don't think the man means a word of it. Faux outrage at it's best. Atlantic is a left wing hack job.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 05:14:51 PM »
I read elsewhere that she is going to have to issue an apology. Not that it will mean anything...
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 06:35:07 PM »
They're going to sue her for a photo their editors approved?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 07:41:57 PM »
Just remember who broke the story here first...

Well, it wasn't nme but it was close...

;)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 08:12:39 PM »
Okay, she is just disgusting!

Malkin has some background info and the disgusting stuff she did to one of McCain's photos. Be warned, it's nasty and Malkin posted it on her site.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/14/the-atlantic-should-have-googled-jill-greenberg-before-hiring-her/

This is the woman who terrorized toddlers for "art". *eyeroll*

This is unbelievably sick. A left-wing photographer, Jill Greenberg, deliberately makes toddlers cry and turns the pictures into a Los Angeles art exhibit called “End Times” to indulge her Bush Derangement Syndrome. She slaps titles like “Grand Old Party,” “Four More Years,” and “Apocalypse Now” onto photos of the poor children she manipulated and goaded.

When Jill Greenberg conceived the idea of photographing crying children back in 2004, she didn’t anticipate the attention the project would bring to her fledgling art career, or the furor it would raise. Greenberg, who lives in Los Angeles with her husband and two children, is already known as one of the country’s most success commercial photographers, with work for ad clients like Microsoft, Kraft, and Procter & Gamble and magazines like New York and Time. She has emerged as a potent force in fine art with a series of acutely lit portraits of monkeys and apes, which in turn led to her work with children.

Your images have certainly caused an uproar. What do you say to people who call you a child abuser?

I think they’re insane…Maybe getting kids to cry isn’t the nicest thing to do, but I’m not causing anyone permanent psychological damage.

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
Sample of her unhinged defacing of McCain’s pics, which looks like something straight out of a Democratic Underground thread.

She got that right. 
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.