Author Topic: Death Toll Mounts in India, Coordinated Series of Explosions Kill at Least 18  (Read 1238 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
NEW DELHI —  A coordinated series of explosions struck a park and crowded shopping areas across the Indian capital Saturday evening, killing at least 18 people and wounding at least 61 more, officials said. A Muslim militant group claimed responsibility for the bombings.

A number of Indian media outlets received an e-mail sent just before the blasts warning that India was about to receive "the Message of Death."

"In the name of Allah, Indian Mujahideen strikes back once more. ... Do whatever you can. Stop us if you can," said the message.

All of the bombs exploded in, or very near, crowded shopping areas in various parts of New Delhi. They began going off just before sundown — prime time for weekend shoppers in this crowded, chaotic city. Police spokesman Rajan Bhagat said there had been five explosions, though Mayor Arti Mehra said there had been as many as seven, and that at least 61 people had been wounded.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,422061,00.html

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Oh dear God.

When is the world going to wake up?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Flame

Oh dear God.

About 5 minutes after it's too late to do anything about it, I'm afraid.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Oh dear God.

About 5 minutes after it's too late to do anything about it, I'm afraid.
Let's hope not, but I fear you are right.  :(

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Ah, yes--the ROP.  And here all along I was thinking it was the Boy Scouts!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford