Author Topic: McCain's Hanoi release footage (Previously unseen)  (Read 1030 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
McCain's Hanoi release footage (Previously unseen)
« on: September 11, 2008, 01:06:58 PM »
Previously unseen footage showing the release of presidential candidate, and then prisoner of war, John McCain to the U.S. Military in Hanoi in 1973.

The pictures were found by a Swedish TV journalist who was searching for Vietnam war material in the station's archives.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7610891.stm

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: McCain's Hanoi release footage (Previously unseen)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:13:53 PM »
Excellent footage! It's even more powerful without sound - I'm glad it doesn't have any.

I just cried my eyes out though. Every single man in that group is a HERO. Those faces. So brave and stoic to the very end. I can't even imagine the horrors endured.

McCain was a very handsome young man.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:23:11 PM »
Excellent footage! It's even more powerful without sound - I'm glad it doesn't have any.

I just cried my eyes out though. Every single man in that group is a HERO. Those faces. So brave and stoic to the very end. I can't even imagine the horrors endured.

When I saw that footage I was struck by how skinny they were.  And yet, they were ramrod straight when they shook hands with the officials.

Thank God we produced then and produce now such amazing people. 

I am humbled.

God bless and keep all of you who have served for our country.  May you not see heaven for a long time, but when you are called home there will be a special place for you.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 06:30:04 PM »

+1 to all of that.