Author Topic: FOX News Poll: War on Terror Remains a Major Concern  (Read 1380 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
FOX News Poll: War on Terror Remains a Major Concern
« on: September 11, 2008, 09:34:21 AM »
Seven years after the events of September 11, eight out of 10 Americans — 81 percent —believe the war on terrorism is at least as important today as it was just after the attacks.

Yet, while 72 percent of voters say they are concerned about terrorist attacks, those worries now rank behind other issues troubling voters, such as the nation’s economy and gas prices.

The national telephone poll was conducted for FOX News by Opinion Dynamics Corp. among 900 registered voters from Sept. 8 to Sept. 9. The poll has a 3-point error margin.

Half of voters — down slightly from two years ago by 3 percentage points — said the war against terrorism is just as important today as it was seven years ago. More than three in 10 voters (31 percent) think the war is more important now than it ever was, and 18 percent believe it is less important.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,420815,00.html
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: FOX News Poll: War on Terror Remains a Major Concern
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 09:44:47 AM »
Goes against the pundits' conventional wisdom that we've been hearing for so long...Which means it's definitely correct!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 01:16:26 PM »
Honest question:  Do you agree that the War on Terror, remains a major concern?

Honest answer: Yes.  The Iraq Campaign is just about through (for this round anyway), and the Afghan Campaign seems to have stalled due primarily to diminished attention to that still-festering boil at the CinC/JCS level.  I think we need a "surge" for the Afghan Campaign at about the same time that we start pulling troops in earnest from the Iraq theater next year.  Probably every 10th Mountain-trained trooper in the "inventory" needs to be spun up and sent in, and a major UAV strike push against terrorist camps and bases in Pakistan needs to be quietly launched in support.  The SpecOps guys seemed to be doing well on the "hearts and minds" front over there; Being a PFC (private friggin' civillian), I dunno but would taking those efforts to the "next level" of coordinating the locals into reporting/repelling/defeating the terrorists in that theater.

Notice I'm not even taking into account anything we might be doing in the near future against Iran, in order to strike at the head of the terrorist monster in the middle east, rather than continuing to lop off limbs.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 01:28:47 PM »

yes, I do.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:20 PM »
If it isn't, we ignore it at our peril.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »

Yes I do, but the liberal rag, the STL Post Dispatch doesn't. On 9-11 they had a large front page story on how only 3% of Americans care. Could it be they're trying to favor Obama? Oh say it isn't so. 

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 08:47:09 PM »

Honest answer: Yes.  The Iraq Campaign is just about through (for this round anyway), and the Afghan Campaign seems to have stalled due primarily to diminished attention to that still-festering boil at the CinC/JCS level.  I think we need a "surge" for the Afghan Campaign at about the same time that we start pulling troops in earnest from the Iraq theater next year.  Probably every 10th Mountain-trained trooper in the "inventory" needs to be spun up and sent in, and a major UAV strike push against terrorist camps and bases in Pakistan needs to be quietly launched in support.  The SpecOps guys seemed to be doing well on the "hearts and minds" front over there; Being a PFC (private friggin' civillian), I dunno but would taking those efforts to the "next level" of coordinating the locals into reporting/repelling/defeating the terrorists in that theater.

Notice I'm not even taking into account anything we might be doing in the near future against Iran, in order to strike at the head of the terrorist monster in the middle east, rather than continuing to lop off limbs.

Don't worry about Afgan...................they're sending the Marines there now instead of Iraq(for the most part)
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.