Author Topic: Damn. Watching HRC on MSNBC and I feel a sense of loss for America and the World  (Read 891 times)

Offline SVPete

As for COVID, would we have a vaccine yet if Clinton were president? Would we even be out of lockdowns?

Alt-History is uncertain by definition, but ...

The NIH probably would have started working with Moderna in January 2020, as happened in real life; ditto with AbCellera and its monoclonal antibody (mab) treatment development; these were relationships that existed at a level below the Presidential, probably (though HilLIARy was a bit of a micro-manager type);

Shutting down China travel would have been delayed 1-2 months, basically around the time China shut down travel;

The organizational infrastructure Trump got set up in January and February would have been delayed a month or two;

Testing of treatments and vaccines would not have been handled with urgency; Remdesivir and the mabs from AbCellera and Regeneron would probably have been authorized in early 2021, and approved in late 2021 or early 2022 (i.e. a 9-12 month delay); vaccine authorizations would probably have been delayed by a year or more, and unlike Trump's Operation Warp Speed, HilLIARy would have done little to organize/facilitate production of the vaccines, syringes, needles, fill/finish, or distribution to the states.

Unlike Trump, HilLIARy would have done little to organize/facilitate production and distribution of ventilators, PPE, and other materials necessary for hospitals.

Just off the top of my head.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Ebola, H1N1, and swine flu under Obama.  We don't really need alt-history to see how kung=flu most likely would have been handled by Hilary.  Nothing bad that happens under Democrat presidents gets mainstream attention. 

Interesting thought though, if Hillary would have been president, and COVID got ignored like the aforementioned diseases, would it have been as bad? 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Don't worry. Though nothing is a perfect 1:1 comparison, the Biden administration should give one a rough idea of how bad a Clinton presidency would have been.

It would have been worse because she’s still alive  :thatsright:

The fact that slo joe is off most of the time is saving us from more terrible things happening.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!