Author Topic: Surprisingly sane responses down at freeperville: But it's all still election in  (Read 2940 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CC27

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7248
  • Reputation: +2172/-31
Quote
lindysalsagal (20,051 posts)

Surprisingly sane responses down at freeperville: But it's all still election interference. No links.
Apparently, they're trying to clean house over there. No idea if it goes beyond name-calling or general hysteria, but they're down on donations. Looks like general deterioration. No surprise. The gqp wave is merely a splash at this point.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218657118

Uh huh..... :whatever:

Offline SVPete

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34714
  • Reputation: +3966/-248
FR is still around? I'm not sure if I've looked in there in this century.
Whose Shampeachment Is It Anyway, where the high crimes are made up, and the evidence doesn't matter

Offline ADsOutburst

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Reputation: +2031/-14
Surprisingly sane responses on DU... Or did I just imagine those?

Offline DefiantSix

  • Captain, IKV Defiant
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 19299
  • Reputation: +2114/-189
  • Set Condition One throughout the ship.
Surprisingly sane responses on DU... Or did I just imagine those?

Just figments of your imagination. The DUm'Rats will begin their nightly argument over the flavor of Jell-O served in the day room tomorrow in ...3 ...2 ...1
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus


There's a reason National Command Authority doesn't give me the nuclear 'Football' for safekeeping, and it's NOT because I'm not in the chain of command.

Offline ExGeeEye

  • We don't need another
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1570
  • Reputation: +236/-103
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
FR is still around? I'm not sure if I've looked in there in this century.

Yes.  It's a daily read and occasional comment for me.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline SVPete

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34714
  • Reputation: +3966/-248
Yes.  It's a daily read and occasional comment for me.

I tried FR ca. 1999 or 2000. The volume of posts didn't fit for me. I wanted to actually see a topic discussed, but when I went back to see a thread on which I had commented it was wa-a-a-a-a-aaaaaaaayyyyyyy down the list. Nothing wrong with FR of the time, it just didn't offer what I looked for (I preferred and prefer the UBB-style of a topics index and only seeing replies when going into a thread).
Whose Shampeachment Is It Anyway, where the high crimes are made up, and the evidence doesn't matter

Offline beefeater

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1332
  • Reputation: +133/-48
I deleted FR years ago, got tired of the incessant begathons.

But speaking of breathlessly, desperate, incessant begathons, here's one I recently received.

I didn't think I was still on the mailing list.





My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.