Author Topic: Battle 360  (Read 662 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Battle 360
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:24:56 PM »
This may have been posted before, but I don't care.

This is one of the best documenteries ever on one small yet large part of the WWII pacific campaign. Also the owner of Enterprise rental car did this as he was a USS Enterprise crew member.

Any how it's playing on the History channel right now, though a bit into the series, Guadal Canal...............and seeing it on History HD makes it even better.

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
Re: Battle 360
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »
This may have been posted before, but I don't care.

This is one of the best documenteries ever on one small yet large part of the WWII pacific campaign. Also the owner of Enterprise rental car did this as he was a USS Enterprise crew member.

Any how it's playing on the History channel right now, though a bit into the series, Guadal Canal...............and seeing it on History HD makes it even better.

Awesome series, and it works too - all my car rentals since I saw the first airing of this have been through Enterprise
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 08:17:16 PM »
It's actually very good, the 3D modelling in the episodes I've seen has the correct AA armament for the period of the war it is supposed to depict, which is a huge realism plus (even if it IS 3D modelling) compared to all the WW2 shows on History Channel where they use the wartime production film that shows SBDs pretending to be Vals during the Pearl Harbor attack. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »
It's actually very good, the 3D modelling in the episodes I've seen has the correct AA armament for the period of the war it is supposed to depict, which is a huge realism plus (even if it IS 3D modelling) compared to all the WW2 shows on History Channel where they use the wartime production film that shows SBDs pretending to be Vals during the Pearl Harbor attack. 
I agree with you that it's nice to see accurate portrayals of the armaments and configurations of the ships, planes, etc, instead of seeing completely bogus (as related to the stories being told) stock film footage.  CG makes it possible to portray the situations as they actually occurred.

Another great series which uses CG to re-animate great battles is Dogfight. My FIL and I both love that series.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980