Author Topic: Today is the start of my 23rd year here on DU  (Read 358 times)

Offline CC27

Today is the start of my 23rd year here on DU
« on: September 12, 2023, 06:50:13 AM »
ProfessorPlum (11,212 posts)

Today is the start of my 23rd year here on DU

I had lurked for a while here in 2001. It was a place for me to help retain my sanity as I watched W steal the presidency. Along with Bartcop, Media Whores Online, and Atrios, it gave me vital information that often ran counter to the prevailing media narrative.

The day after 9/11, I made an account and started to contribute. I met and have read so many fantastic posters here. I have been through 5 election cycles, and all of the in-fighting that goes with Democratic primaries. DU has seen me through four job changes, a house fire, and cancer.

Just wanted to shout out to the founders, the mods, the contributors here. All of the news gatherers and posters that make this such a vital place. Looking forward to many more years ahead.

It's nice to know that so many people actively support the party of human values, kindness, care, and equity.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218265345

W stole  what?? Come again DUmmie???  :whatever:

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Today is the start of my 23rd year here on DU
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 07:21:50 AM »
DU has been a mainstay in my life for as many years!
I really do believe that only the sane with survive.

If that’s the case du will be a ghost town  :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 09:10:58 AM »
So you're questioning an election?  Sounds insurrectiony.  22 years of solitary confinement for you, Plum!!!!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 11:42:41 AM »
22 years of being on DU without being purged? That a lot of gymnastic-contortionist boot-licking and ass-kissing (do I have the licking and kissing reversed?).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.