Author Topic: 'Earl' creator to Alec Baldwin: "It's called math, stupid."  (Read 586 times)

Offline Lauri

'Earl' creator to Alec Baldwin: "It's called math, stupid."
« on: September 08, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »
The creator of hit comedy "My Name Is Earl" has hit back at Alec Baldwin after the actor accused TV bosses of favoring the show over his own series "30 Rock."

Baldwin recently launched a scathing attack on NBC, criticizing TV chiefs for giving extra help to shows including "Scrubs" and "My Name Is Earl," at the expense of his own TV comedy.

He said, "NBC hasn't done a thing to help this show ('30 Rock'). They've gone out of their way to wring the last drops out of 'My Name Is Earl' and 'Scrubs.' Those shows are done! They're cooked! Yet they do a one-hour episode of 'Earl.'"

And the star's comments have infuriated "My Name Is Earl" creator Greg Garcia, who has fired back, labeling Baldwin "unlikable" and "distasteful."

He also refers to Baldwin's 2007 scandal over a leaked phone message to his 11-year-old daughter Ireland -- in which he called the youngster a "thoughtless little pig" -- insisting the incident may have effected "30 Rock's" ratings.

He tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "(Baldwin) sounds like a psychotic narcissist. Instead of blaming NBC, I think Alec should consider that some people in America may not want to watch a man who cusses out his own 11-year-old daughter on a phone message.

"Oh, and the reason NBC occasionally puts on an hour long episode of 'Earl' is because an hour of 'Earl' gets better ratings than an 'Earl' followed by a '30 Rock.' It's called math, stupid."

http://mobile.sfgate.com/topic/3544-Daily%20Dish!/articles/159303233

I was looking for reactions to Nancy Pelosi's smackdown from the Roman Catholic Church in the San Fran paper and found this..  :popcorn:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: 'Earl' creator to Alec Baldwin: "It's called math, stupid."
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 06:56:38 PM »
 :evillaugh: He's such a tool. A moonbat of the highest order. An asshat for what he did to his young daughter.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
I read a comment of Alec's that actually made me giggle instead of wanting to throttle him today....

My apologies to the cast and crews of My Name Is Earl and Scrubs. In my frustration with NBC's reprehensible promotion of 30 Rock, I took an unfortunate swipe at both of those shows and that was not cool.

But, for Earl's creator, Greg Garcia, who referred to me as a "psychotic", I have only one question. Why are you Scientologists always rendering these medical opinions you aren't qualified to give?

I think scientologists are almost 100% insane.  Alec is correct in asking this question.  HOWEVER, a two headed earthworm is capable of seeing Baldwin is absolutely psychotic.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 07:15:45 PM »
I thought Baldwin might have had issues due to being jerked around in a nasty public divorce... now I think he just needs mucho mucho anger management classes.

And yet, Hollywood still keeps paying him.  :popcorn:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »
Why is nothing ever their fault?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies