Author Topic: A new personal note from the new King of Late Night with Tucker tidbits  (Read 205 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Just to preface, I've been a paying subscriber to his site at Locals.com for over a year. Greg actually interacts with folks rather frequently and he's just as goofy and acerbic there as he is on his show. This is accessible to the general public not just those who pay for access, and here's what he posted this afternoon:

Hey people coming over for the first time!

This is Locals. I've been here for a while, along with other public loud mouths - to interact one on one with fans.

It was launched after realizing that so much time and effort was spent dealing with bots, ideologues and trolls: as well as people who are marshaled by others to demand opinions or obedience that sap the fun out of talking to real people.

I made this post open to everyone, so the newcomers heading over from twitter can mix with the real subscribers here - who are awesome people. if you don't like the locals - thats on you.

the rules are minimal: this is my bar and in my bar everyone talks about things they like, have friendly debates and engage each other as if they were in person, at a bar.

if you come here with the trollishness that passes as communication at twitter you can politely **** off. I'm the bouncer here. luckily i never really have to toss anyone.

I do love Twitter, but its still a vulnerable irritating place for charlatans to claim things about you, or direct mindless trolling to you. I go on Twitter to promote the shows, and the live concerts, and other stuff. Its pretty fun, because i have contacts in music and comedy that i relate with in DMs, so i keep it around. i think i have around 3 million followers.

But recently an attention seeker publicly accused me of something so silly, that it wasn't worth directly responding to. Mind you it was a person who had my contact info -and could have easily settled whatever problem he had directly - but he didnt. cuz he didnt want to. he went public on twitter because he needed to sell a book. He severed a pretty good and decent relationship with me. I can't trust anyone that picks clicks over character.

so to the accusation - i never ban people on my shows.
i just don't invite them back if they suck.
(thats a fun list to go thru - one day when i'm drunk i'll give you a great insight into who really stank up the place on redeye!)
i was accused of banning someone, so that person could feed off the Tucker limelight, albeit briefly. and i think its worked - but it always fades. Friendships based on trust and transparency dont.

I talk to Tucker regularly, by the way, and he's never been happier.
Personally i might never know what went down two months ago. I was as shocked as you were. And every time i believe it went one way, I find out that it might have gone another. so my advice, when someone on twitter claims something happened - if you believe it, thats on you.

PS: the only fun part about twitter, is blocking obnoxious people - because they expect you to somehow accept their ignorant or NPC comments. Nope - i owe you nothing if you're that dumb.

so, if you're here at Locals for the first time, check it out. give it a month. You'll find it a healthier more positive place to interact with people like you!

https://gg.locals.com/post/4131599/welcome-to-locals
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender