Author Topic: the Great Discombobulation coming  (Read 6503 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the Great Discombobulation coming
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:26:04 AM »
Before I get started, be forewarned that there's going to be some, uh, significant changes in the DUmpster here, which should make the DUmpster bigger and better and more interesting.  I dunno when the ANNOUNCEMENT is coming, and who's going to ANNOUNCE it, but it's all good; in fact, it's all great, and I'm sure everyone will agree it adds much to the current DUmpster.

Okay, that's out of the way.

For some weeks, I've been wondering about some sort of heavy black cloud on the horizon slowly nearing Skins's island.  And I'm not the only one; the primitives, especially the Obamaite primitives have been betraying a sort of suppressed subconscious mass hysteria and fear.

But of course the primitives being primitives, aren't sophisticated enough to articulate what this coming-closer heavy dark cloud is.  All the primitives understand is that it's coming, and it's not good.

Not good for the primitives, I mean.

This subconscious fear has been exhibited much lately by the false bravadura, the surreal fantasies, of the Obamaite primitives, and by their obsession with she who is probably the next vice-president of the United States.  This ever-approaching heavy dark cloud bothers them, and they hope it will dissipate if they ignore it, by putting up a brave front and focusing on other things.

It's not going away; it's creeping closer and closer to Skins's island.

I've mentioned the Great Discombobulation for the past six weeks, here and there. 

I myself can't articulate it, being an outsider on Skins's island, but it seems to me to be a Great Discombobulation that's going to lay waste to many of the primitives.  The Kerry-Dean primary fights of 2004, the election of 2004, Doug's ex-wife's really stupid stunt, the Bostonian Drunkard's Fitzmas, and the recent mass expulsion of primitives supporting the worthier Democrat candidate for president, will turn out to have been mere wisps, mere nothings, compared with the Great Discombobulation that's coming.

I expressed that the Great Discombobulation was most likely to occur some time between Labor Day and the last week of October, and I'm sticking with that, although sort of sensing it's a tad bit too early yet.  And no, it probably won't be the election itself; it'll probably happen before the election.

Last night (Saturday night) I thought about this much, while reading a biography of the illustrator and humorist Ludwig Bemelmans, when out of the blue it came to me.

Barry "Six States" Obama's going to sell out the primitives, especially the Obamaite primitives.

It occurred to me that never in the history of the world, has a mortal messiah, a mortal savior, NOT sold out his followers?  Forests of trees, and oceans of ink, have been used to explain this phenomenon.

I can't think of any specifics, but generally, I suspect the Great Discombobulation's going to be something like that; Barry "Six States" Obama, in a frantic bid to win the election, is going to sell out the primitives, especially the Obamaite primitives.  And it's going to convulse Skins's island something really bad.

Sit back, watch, wait, and see if I'm not right.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: the Great Discombobulation coming
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »
Personally - I think 'The One' will jettison Biden and probably put Hillary in as a last-ditch effort to save the sinking campaign. Which will sink his campaign in the process - and then he may blame Hillary for the loss.

And then the discombobulation begins.

At this point there is very little that can happen to change the dynamic of the race. The Palin finger-trap has worked beautifully - The more they fight her the tighter the trap becomes - which has caused many of Obama's followers to pull out all the stops in their attempts to bring her down. Putting Hillary in would change the narrative, but it would ultimately fail.

Headlines would read "Can Hillary Clinton save the Democrats ?" and she would be painted as the savior of the party - riding in at the last minute to slay the PalinBeast. Then when it fails, the Headlines will be about what went wrong with the Campaign, and that Hillary with Bill behind her werent up to the task. Autopsy after autopsy.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:33:31 AM »
I'm ready...

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »
I'd say the most likely source would  be that the DU and KOS invective will go so far off the scale over Palin that they will become a campaign talking point for the GOP, and when their bile is brought forth into the view of the mainstream public, it will have become so outrageous that the mainstream Dems will disavow them and denounce their furhter support, the Obamessiah included.  They will briefly go catatonic over this perceived betrayal and be torn between slavelike agreement and nihilistic paths.

Of course they could simply be haunted by the unadmitted knowledge that Joe Biden is constitutionally incapable of lasting until the election without demonstrating his utter unfitness for executive office.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 10:07:08 AM »
Personally - I think 'The One' will jettison Biden and probably put Hillary in as a last-ditch effort to save the sinking campaign. Which will sink his campaign in the process - and then he may blame Hillary for the loss.

And then the discombobulation begins.

At this point there is very little that can happen to change the dynamic of the race. The Palin finger-trap has worked beautifully - The more they fight her the tighter the trap becomes - which has caused many of Obama's followers to pull out all the stops in their attempts to bring her down. Putting Hillary in would change the narrative, but it would ultimately fail.

Headlines would read "Can Hillary Clinton save the Democrats ?" and she would be painted as the savior of the party - riding in at the last minute to slay the PalinBeast. Then when it fails, the Headlines will be about what went wrong with the Campaign, and that Hillary with Bill behind her werent up to the task. Autopsy after autopsy.

I don't think Hillary Clinton is that stupid.  She is not inclined to change a thing going on right now.  Clinton has one more gasp left in her, and that is 2012.   

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 10:12:32 AM »
I'd say the most likely source would  be that the DU and KOS invective will go so far off the scale over Palin that they will become a campaign talking point for the GOP, and when their bile is brought forth into the view of the mainstream public, it will have become so outrageous that the mainstream Dems will disavow them and denounce their furhter support, the Obamessiah included.  They will briefly go catatonic over this perceived betrayal and be torn between slavelike agreement and nihilistic paths.

The Obamamessiah will publicly humiliate the Kossaks and the DUers.   He will publicly apologize to Palin and her family for the abuse they have suffered at their hands.

He has to, now, as they are sinking him badly.
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 10:18:38 AM »
I think that "the one" will sell out his followers at Kos and DU, also.  I don't think he'll ask Hillary because that'll make him look very weak to his masses.  If he does, Hillary won't take it, but she'll use it as an "I told you so" and keep throwing it back in their faces until 2012, when they'll basically give her the nomination....MD
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »
I don't think Hillary Clinton is that stupid.  She is not inclined to change a thing going on right now.  Clinton has one more gasp left in her, and that is 2012.   

I don't think she is either - But its a Catch 22 - If she takes it, she sinks with him. If she declines, then its no longer about "Party" Its about "Hillary" - and that will hurt her worse. A failed attempt at VEEP will still let her come back in '12 - it'll just take a couple of years for people to realize she was set-up by the BarackStar! Being tagged as a political narcissist would hurt her more in the long run.

As for selling out DU and KOS - other than those who participate in those forums, these two sites are regarded by most sane folks as fringe - admittedly DU more than KOS, but still the fringe. The only people that would be hurt are the posters there. Nobody else would care either way if the sites shut down tomorrow. their impact is (mostly) harmless.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 11:45:39 AM »
My guess is that in the week coming the polls will draw virtually even and the primitives will be smugly banking on the debates.

They don`t pay any kind of attention to real events and so far in a non scripted setting the messiah comes of very badly.
The disappointment of the first debate will lead to them looking to the VP debate as an armegeddon.
Biden will let them down miserably as he won`t know what to say or how to say it against Gov.Palin.
This will send them into shreiks of rage as McCain/Palin move into a comfortable lead.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 12:51:36 PM »

I don't think she is either - But its a Catch 22 - If she takes it, she sinks with him. If she declines, then its no longer about "Party" Its about "Hillary" - and that will hurt her worse. A failed attempt at VEEP will still let her come back in '12 - it'll just take a couple of years for people to realize she was set-up by the BarackStar! Being tagged as a political narcissist would hurt her more in the long run.

As for selling out DU and KOS - other than those who participate in those forums, these two sites are regarded by most sane folks as fringe - admittedly DU more than KOS, but still the fringe. The only people that would be hurt are the posters there. Nobody else would care either way if the sites shut down tomorrow. their impact is (mostly) harmless.

Agree in nearly every detail. But, if the islamic candidate (pbuh) asked The Beast to replace Plugs, she would likely tell him to pound sand, and it would not reflect poorly on her because the offer would remain unknown to the public. The sound of his desperation in asking would be music to her ears. The rejections he almost surely received from other, more attractive potential VP nominees will likewise never see light of day.

Of course, if a Great Discombobulation should occur, it would have zero effect in the real world. Coach Solich, whose Bobcats were far better prepared than expected, is concerning himself only with the likely upheaval in the DUmp, similar to turning over the contents of a literal dump, exposing its rotting, reeking underbelly. Since it's just a cyber dump, inhabited by maybe 3000 DUmmies, 1000 moles, and 500 unaffiliated trolls, the real world would have no clue or interest.

For a Great Discombobulation to stem from a sellout by the Indonesian madrassa student, it has to go far beyond any verbal statement. Most DUmmies are aware of how indecent they appear to normal eyes. They respond to any apologies by the campaign by assuring themselves that "he has to say that for public consumption", still content in their reality-based high-information moonbat world.

An upheaval could originate with Clintonites, should the imminent defeat of the Indonesian madrassa student become apparent, but nearly all of them have been banished. So, if thers's a menacing black cloud on the DUmps's horizon, there is so far no advance indication of what may happen when it arrives.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 02:05:19 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 01:06:38 PM »
My question is this:  When he sells out the Kossacks/DUmmies/Morons, will he give their money--that he's had pour into his coffers from the sites--back?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 01:14:29 PM »
My guess is that in the week coming the polls will draw virtually even and the primitives will be smugly banking on the debates.

They don`t pay any kind of attention to real events and so far in a non scripted setting the messiah comes of very badly.
The disappointment of the first debate will lead to them looking to the VP debate as an armegeddon.
Biden will let them down miserably as he won`t know what to say or how to say it against Gov.Palin.
This will send them into shreiks of rage as McCain/Palin move into a comfortable lead.

Who's this "biden?"  There are only 2 candidates in this election:  the messi-uh and The Barracuda.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 01:20:10 PM »
My guess is nothing is going to happen, they always act like idiots.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 01:45:59 PM »
Agree in nearly every detail. But, if the islamic candidate (pbuh) asked The Beast to replace Plugs, she would likely tell him to pound sand, and it would not reflect poorly on her because the offer would remain unknown to the public. The sound of his desperation in asking would be music to her ears. The rejections he almost surely received from other, more attractive potential VP nominees will likewise never see light of day.

That makes an assumption I have to politely disagree with. You're thinking about relationships between candidates that seem to have a moral code beyond victory at any cost. When examining the history of the rise of The One in Illinois, there is a disturbing pattern of very personal October Surprises hitting the airwaves and turning elections -- things like divorce records.. etc. What has been happening to The Governor of Alaska is SOP in any "Vs Obama" campaign. It happened to Hillary too during the primaries which culminated in the 'closed door' roll call vote. If the offer is/was made, and Obama loses without Hillary, it will be leaked by an unnamed source. Then Obama will 'grudgingly' admit it when pressured after a series of non-denial denials.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 01:46:36 PM »

According to Zogby, McCain/Palin are up 4.  According to Gallup, McCain/Palin are up 3.

It's gonna be fun!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:43:54 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »
You're thinking about relationships between candidates that seem to have a moral code beyond victory at any cost.

The last national democrat with a moral code of any kind was probably Hubert Humphrey. He was always wrong, but I never felt he was dishonorable.

Modern democrats consider any type of morality to be "right-wing extremism". They are, without exception, dishonorable.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 03:29:11 PM »
I think a great discombobulation is coming. I think the primitives have been looking for it. They are, after all, primitives.  I don't know what will set them off, but it will something in the coming weeks.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »
I think a great discombobulation is coming. I think the primitives have been looking for it. They are, after all, primitives.  I don't know what will set them off, but it will something in the coming weeks.

The sky is always falling over there.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 03:34:23 PM »
Actually I can't wait. Those idjits are such a miserable lot of losers. These are the people who are afraid of produce for goodness sake. :-)

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »
Actually I can't wait. Those idjits are such a miserable lot of losers. These are the people who are afraid of produce for goodness sake. :-)

Ya know, you'd think with links like the below, she's be a favorite to those who are afraid of produce . . .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article4671858.ece

Chase her.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 03:55:05 PM »

Ya know, you'd think with links like the below, she's be a favorite to those who are afraid of produce . . .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article4671858.ece
Good one!

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 04:01:04 PM »
Oh lord....................cabbage
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 06:15:40 PM »

Damn!

Somebody help me. Which DUmmie had it in a couple of years ago for fresh produce. He HATED cabbage, IIRC....

This is going to drive me crazy!
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 06:16:59 PM »

Damn!

Somebody help me. Which DUmmie had it in a couple of years ago for fresh produce. He HATED cabbage, IIRC....

The now-gone-away Ms. Ed, the unappellated eohippus, the Horse With no Name primitive, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 06:18:29 PM »

Damn!

The now-gone-away Ms. Ed, the unappellated eohippus, the Horse With no Name primitive, sir.

Bless you, Frank! That was going to be on my mind all night.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies