Author Topic: Sarah Palin  (Read 658 times)

Offline formerlurker

Sarah Palin
« on: September 06, 2008, 02:25:35 PM »
I am coming late to the dance here (been enormously busy so haven't checked in here for a very long time), but I have to share.   I live in Massachusetts -- which is in the heart of Democrat central in the Northeast.     

I have been a political junkie my entire adult life, and pretty much don't get too excited over political speeches.   Sarah Palin completely blew me away.   I have never been this pumped over a speech from a politician before.   She is the real thing, and I am now for the first time thrilled to vote for McCain (I was seriously considering jumping off the liquor wagon of 7 years that day in order to bring myself to actually do it -  :-) ).

I digress -- the reason for my post is that my thoughts on Sarah Palin are shared ones.    She has turned the heads of pretty much every moderate Democrat I have chatted with here in Ted Kennedy land.     This is truly amazing what I am seeing here.

Sarah has also touched the hearts of parents of special needs children -- the boards I belong to are on fire with praise for her and real hope she makes it to the White House.

I really haven't seen this level of excitement before -- ever.    Reagan, no one will replace.  Sarah is blazing her own trail.   She is one of us.   She totally gets it, and thank God for that. 

McCain/Palin <---   I am smiling just looking at this ticket.   They simply have to win.

Offline Zeus

Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 02:48:58 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVNiR2lw16M[/youtube]
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: Sarah Palin
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »
as some may know, I live in Massachusetts and Im also a mailman - the MCCain/Palin signs are springing up everywhere. Granted, I do deliver to a sleepy residential community along the back roads where there are farms, and now McMansions dotting the landscape - so it is a different demographic than Urban areas but still, its impressive to see.