Author Topic: What should happen to the shooter?  (Read 904 times)

Offline CC27

What should happen to the shooter?
« on: July 18, 2022, 12:45:04 PM »
sarisataka (14,199 posts)

'Good Samaritan' Who Killed Mall Shooter Broke Property Rules Against Guns

The good Samaritan who shot and killed the gunman who opened fire in the Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana on Sunday afternoon reportedly broke the property's policy against weapons.

The suspected shooter entered the mall on Sunday carrying a rifle and multiple magazines and opened fire in the food court, killing at least three and injuring three before he was shot to death. Greenwood Police Chief Jim Ison said the suspected shooter was killed by a "good Samaritan with a handgun."

While the armed bystander reportedly had a legal gun permit, the mall's property policy does not permit weapons on the premises.

The mall is owned by Simon Property Group, and the group's code of conduct, last updated in April of 2020, lists "No weapons" as number three.
https://www.newsweek.com/good-samaritan-who-killed-mall-shooter-broke-property-rules-against-guns-1725586

Should the person who carried concealed against property rules face consequences for violatingthose rules and ultimately killing a person?
5 votes, 0 passes | Time left: Unlimited
Felony charges
0 (0%)
Misdemeanor charges
0 (0%)
He should be fined
0 (0%)
Banned from the mall for life
1 (20%)
Revocation of right to own/carry guns
2 (40%)
Civil lawsuits
0 (0%)
Several of above plus felony charges
0 (0%)
Several of above plus misdemeanor charges
0 (0%)
Nothing, his actions were within the law
2 (40%)
0 DU members did not wish to select any of the options provided.
Show usernamesDisclaimer: This is an Internet poll

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216939913

Good guy does something great and you DUmmies piss and moan about him breaking mall policy about guns??  :whatever: :whatever:

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: What should happen to the shooter?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 12:54:32 PM »
Make my day.  :lmao:

Do it. Charge/ban the guy. Oh, and make sure you announce it in front of the other people who were saved.  :whatever:

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 01:06:30 PM »
sarisataka (14,199 posts)

'Good Samaritan' Who Killed Mall Shooter Broke Property Rules Against Guns

Likely the very reason the failed shooter chose that location.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 01:07:36 PM »
They're just pissed because this ONE story out of MANY got through to them that 'good guys with guns DO stop bad guys with guns' and it has ruined their chance to say "WHERE WAS THE GOOD GUY WITH A GUN?!"

As the old saying goes "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

The really important thing people need to point out to them is the 50-60 lives he saved.  Not to mention if their rules are "No Weapons", well, that leaves a lot to the imagination.  My firearms are tools.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 01:12:14 PM »
And another thing, if you are carrying concealed properly, no one is going to know you have a firearm on you unless and until you need it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 01:58:18 PM »
And another thing, if you are carrying concealed properly, no one is going to know you have a firearm on you unless and until you need it.

KC

I have seen MANY people open carry in that mall over the years. Apparently they don't care to enforce that.
In fact, I remember one in particular detail where I was sitting in that very food court, and I was drooling over the 1911 some guy had on his hip.
I didn't even know there was a rule against firearms in that mall. Wouldn't matter anyway, I still carry concealed and I will continue to in that mall...  and everyone else will too. This is Indiana. It's so common, one would swear every single person was carrying around here.
If you go further out into the county, a lot less people carry as a habit, but you'll find more utility firearms in vehicles for varmint purposes.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 02:42:40 PM »
It takes a DUmmie to advocate punishing a guy who saved God knows how many lives from a mass shooter.

Unless the mall had "trespassed" the guy or otherwise forbidden him from entering the mall, the guy who put down the mass shooter did not break any laws by entering the mall while carrying. Hence, no legal punishment for being there carrying would be in order.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 02:55:31 PM »
I have seen MANY people open carry in that mall over the years. Apparently they don't care to enforce that.
In fact, I remember one in particular detail where I was sitting in that very food court, and I was drooling over the 1911 some guy had on his hip.
I didn't even know there was a rule against firearms in that mall. Wouldn't matter anyway, I still carry concealed and I will continue to in that mall...  and everyone else will too. This is Indiana. It's so common, one would swear every single person was carrying around here.
If you go further out into the county, a lot less people carry as a habit, but you'll find more utility firearms in vehicles for varmint purposes.

And that is as it should be.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2022, 03:14:09 PM »
I just went and looked and 30 of them feel like this hero should have some consequences.  Most of them of the legal type.  18 of them feel like nothing should happen.

Liberals for the most part are simply deranged.  They wish more had been killed.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 03:52:51 PM »
By the way, the dead shooter also violated your precious property rules by bringing in those guns.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 03:56:00 PM by Happy Fun Ball »

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2022, 04:02:39 PM »
By the way, the dead shooter also violated your precious property rules by bringing in those guns.

He should be punished!
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 04:39:15 PM »
He should be punished!

I heard from a reliable source that he's banned from the property.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2022, 05:24:52 PM »
Novara (3,269 posts)

16. "If nobody had a gun nobody would be dead."

Yeah, well, then there's ****ing REALITY. Shinzo Abe was killed in a country with gun bans BY A ****ING GUN. 

Go suckstart a shotgun, DUmbass.  :bird:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 05:37:25 PM »
Novara (3,269 posts)

Because guns are the only possible way people can die, and if there were no guns anywhere, we would all live forever, right?

Offline jukin

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 06:17:44 PM »
Yeah about that.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2022, 06:39:44 PM »
Yeah. Guns are it. If we just banned those we’d have no mass murder. Ever.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_truck_attack

As I was saying … with no guns you could MAYBE kill 1 or 2 people.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/world/japan-knife-attack-deaths/index.html

I pray for the day we get rid of guns so there will never be another mass murder incident.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

I mean, Lord, there’s simply no other way to kill a lot of people quickly.

I think the DUmmies have it right, as bad as I hate to admit it. Someone should share this post over there so they understand how right they are and let them know … we apologize!

,,|,,

KC

*Stolen

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2022, 06:45:31 PM »
Now at 45% DUmmies who say nothing should happen to the good guy. Pretty amazing amount of common sense for that cesspool.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2022, 08:10:27 PM »
Yeah. Guns are it. If we just banned those we’d have no mass murder. Ever.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_truck_attack

As I was saying … with no guns you could MAYBE kill 1 or 2 people.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/world/japan-knife-attack-deaths/index.html

I pray for the day we get rid of guns so there will never be another mass murder incident.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

I mean, Lord, there’s simply no other way to kill a lot of people quickly.

I think the DUmmies have it right, as bad as I hate to admit it. Someone should share this post over there so they understand how right they are and let them know … we apologize!

,,|,,

KC

Also Waukesha

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2022, 08:26:29 PM »

Right. Now, if only we had the magic wand to make malefactors not have guns...

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2022, 08:26:38 PM »
Also Waukesha

I simply picked 3 different methods and ran a quick search. So easy even a DUmmie could do it.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2022, 09:56:48 PM »

I simply picked 3 different methods and ran a quick search. So easy even a DUmmie could do it.

KC

Yeah, but that's the most recent one. And of course, it disappeared after a couple of days, which will be longer than this one here will last. If it's even reported at all by most networks.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2022, 07:12:05 AM »
Because guns are the only possible way people can die, and if there were no guns anywhere, we would all live forever, right?

These are the same idiots who believe that a knee killed a black man in minneapolis, saying that stupid shit.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2022, 08:50:22 AM »
These are the same idiots who believe that a knee killed a black man in minneapolis, saying that stupid shit.

Speaking of Prog idiots and a black man being killed by police in Minneapolis, any DU-threads about Tekle Sundberg being shot by police?

ETA:, Power Line's writers live in Minnesota, so they're following the case. https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/07/the-meltdown-this-time.php and https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/07/the-meltdown-this-time-contd.php have been posted so far. Sundberg was trying to kill a woman before (or and) her children, but Benjamin Crump is on scene stirring up fauxrage (and possibly encouraging Sundberg's parents to lie).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 08:58:56 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2022, 09:30:38 AM »
Good guy does something great and you DUmmies piss and moan about him breaking mall policy about guns??  :whatever: :whatever:

I'd say give him a permanent reserved parking space and lifetime 10% discount on all mall purchases.

:-)
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2022, 10:22:19 AM »
Notice the whole premise on which the thread is based. A man performs a legal act (i.e., he does not break any law), the DUmp has a vote on whether he should be given legal punishment or not.

I make no claim to be a lawyer of any sort, but it seems to me that the job of the law is to punish those who break actual laws.

But, that said, the DUmp is being true to form. This is the same as wanting Pres. Trump to be punished because they don't like him.