Author Topic: Today for the first time, I reported an FB post as hate speech  (Read 312 times)

Offline CC27

Tetrachloride (2,140 posts)

Today for the first time, I reported an FB post as hate speech

The forum revolves around fictional writing. The person posted his 1 paragraph proposed synopsis.

Some people tried to reason with the offender to show at what point the premise clearly was hate speech.

The offender believed he was objective, not subjective.

The offender didn’t give a hint that he was inciteful, not to mention historically mostly inaccurate.

As for myself, I decided against reasoning with the offender and went directly to reporting the post as hate speech.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216648035

This never happened.  :whatever:

Offline jukin

Re: Today for the first time, I reported an FB post as hate speech
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 03:52:58 PM »
Now highly biased POS DUchebags can run to the government if they get a grain of sand in their vaginas.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 03:58:11 PM »
That reminds me of an insurance commercial I saw years ago. The message was "You wouldn't want minimum coverage", and there was a skit with a news broadcast. The anchor introduced the sports reporter, who said something like "There was a game tonight. The [name of team] played the [name of other team]. It was a great time. Back to you!".  :-)

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 06:11:32 PM »
The offending post: "I'm a conservative and..."

And he stopped reading right there and mashed the alert button into pieces.

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 08:10:26 AM »
That's the stupidest thread I've ever read.  The OP absolutely refused to tell what was so damned offensive, being all coy and evasive.  Said it was "triggering."  Why did this DUmbass waste everyone's time?  What was the point and who cares? 

Tetrachloride (2,148 posts)

9. This just in

FB message to me. FB decided it wasn’t hate speech.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 09:11:37 AM »
Tetrachloride (2,148 posts)

9. This just in

FB message to me. FB decided it wasn’t hate speech.

Did DUmmie Tetrachloride rant on about FB supporting "racism" and call for a DU-boycott of FB? :rotf:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.